How many positive and well-made female characters I can think of

BRIENNE OF TARTH AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!

but the literal QUEEN OF ALL EVERYTHING is Lagertha! Shes from the tv series, Vikings. So bomb.

55bd6a59e3000c0c2680ff1fa02d27b7.png

Biggest. Bamf. Ever.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

All of robin Mckinley's heroines are great, Tamorara Pierce's Female characters are good, Rose in the Vampire Academy books (I don't know about the movie because I felt they had the wrong actress playing her and did not watch it) is a really cool character and I can go on and on. I feel like there are many great female characters out there (I know I only listed book characters but I only listed my favorites) and I have no problems finding ones I like.

Honestly, I think that if a writer has to ask themselves if they've made a good female character, they've probably done it wrong.

The important question is have I made a good character? As what's core to a good character applies to both genders.

As an actual answer though, most of Studio Ghibli's female characters. There are characters that do seem to fit gender roles and stereotypes, and some that defy them, more important than either of those things however is that they're entertaining to watch, relatable, likable and realistic, as all good characters should be.

Miyazaki likes writing stories with heroic girls and women, though I think he understands that the gender isn't the most important part of the character, and it shouldn't be unless you're writing something with deliberate themes about gender and/or sexuality.

CXGCqA.png

In fucking Project Zone for Christs sake!

Edited by PuffPuff