What are you favorite support conversations? [Possible Spoilers]

saisymbolic

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OrochixKagerou

They are an item and you won't convince me otherwise.

*ahem*

Lots of my other favourites involve Takumi though haha.

Takumi/Sakura, because it's about precious siblings opening up to each other about their insecurities.

Takumi/Hinoka, because it is filled with angry, teenaged sibling bickering.

LeonxTakumi, because their chemistry is really, really good. Like insanely good

Takumi/Mozume, because an angry prince dealing with physical labor is amusing to me. I also love how Mozume refuses to be cowed by his ranting in the c-support, and then she is the one to confess in the s.

Takumi/Kazahana, is just hands down hilarious and utterly adorable.

Takumi/Camilla, same as above.

Takumi/Aqua, but only until the second half of s-rank, I don't really like them together romantically.

Non Takumi supports are:

Marx/Sakura, is very very sweet.

Hinoka/Leon, though I am probably the only one who likes it. I think it is great.

Ryouma/Sakura, really really cute and with some backstory.

Matoi/Shinonome, too bad I usually make them cousins, so I don't s-rank them.

Oboro/Zero, it's my favourite pairing for her.

Setsuna/Harold, is just hilarious

Charlotte/Saizou, same

Any supports regarding the Nohr sibs that talk about the concubines.

And the Ryouma/Crimson support that exists only inside my head.

I've been trying to avoid supports, so I've only read some of them (and most of them are Nohr supports). Out of the ones I've read, I love most of the supports from Charlotte, Saizou and Marx/Xander (who are also 3 of my favs partly thanks to their supports).

Charlotte has generally interesting and funny supports. My only complaint is that they are quite formulaic and, as a result, very predictable once you've read a few of them beforehand. Plus her supports reveal her backstory which makes her gold-digging habit more accepting and moving to me. Her support with Marx/Xander is probably my favorite in the game.

I didn't really care about Saizou at first. My initial impression about him was more or less "he looks kind of cool but meh". Pre-release articles also had his character description as "a ninja with anger management" and I was half expecting him to be a gimmick character with his anger problems shoehorned in every support. Luckily that isn't the case as I don't ever recall any support that bring up that trait (correct me if I'm wrong though). I was pleasantly suprised of how awesome Saizou actually is and he soon became one of my favorites after that.

As for Marxander, I don't know if it is because I'm biased towards him, but I've enjoyed surprisingly a good amount of his supports. I've liked the guy almost since the beginning but reading his supports cemented him as my favorite guy in the game because they reveal so many different aspects about him and are generally fun to read. He comes across as a badass, no-nonsense, if a bit stiff and aloof, kind of guy; but is actually very considerate and nice deep down.

Another character I grew to like because of his supports is Niles. Even though I haven't read probably more than 5 supports from him, the ones I've read are all great and I'm quite fond of the guy for his backstory.

So... I guess that's enough ramblings and time to post a list instead. I do like a lot of supports, but here are the notable ones for me:

Leo x Takumi/Elise/Niles

Camilla x Niles/Marx

Niles x Nina/Arthur

Elise x Arthur (mainly because it focuses on an interesting aspect of Elise's relationship with Marx lol)

Marx x Charlotte/Nyx/Sakura/Lazlow

Lazlow x Peri/Charlotte (I don't like the S rank but I find it oddly funny...)

Ryoma x Elise/Felicia

Saizou x Charlotte/Felicia/F Kamui

I really enjoyed Niles and Felicia's C-A. Didn't read S because bias. Niles is mine and mine alone, Felicia. Back off.

I generally don't like airhead type characters like Felicia, but the way she was so oblivious to Niles' teasing was gold. Also, this line:

Zero: Well I don’t mind having dessert splattered all over me.* I’ll accept it.

[*He specifically says “bukkake”.]

AHMAHGAH!

This is the support that made me like Niles! And Felicia was cute too.

if i can get anyone aboard the marx/sakura, saizou/sakura, and nyx/suzukaze ships with me then i've done my job

So yeah, I love all of those three. They have to be some of my absolute favorite supports, but there are a ton more I love. Lazwald/Felicia, Nishiki/Felicia, Mozume/Benoit, Hinata/Rinka, Shinonome/Ophelia, Matoi/Shinonome, Tsubaki/Sakura, Tsubaki/Oboro, both of the Gunther/Kamui C-A sets, etc, etc. Really, there are a lot of them. There are some really outstanding ones among all the supports this game.

One that isn't translated yet (aah i'm almost done with the remaining support summaries, i promise they'll be out soon) is Mozume/Hinata, which is pretty funny and has an adorable confession. Lemme copy and paste the quick summary of it I have:

Mozume is apparently in charge of the finances, and talks to Hinata about the fact that he’s spending way too much when he’s in charge of buying food. As the conversation goes on, it’s revealed that Hinata is completely taking the recommendations of the shopkeeper (who is a pretty young lady) at her word, and doesn’t know what haggling is. (the specific conversation goes “Bargaining? What’s bargaining?” “Ehh!? You don’t know? It’s for getting lower prices when you’re shopping.” “Y-you can do that!?”). And so, Mozume offers to go with him when he goes shopping next time. So Mozume demonstrates her bargaining skills, Hinata is completely starry-eyed, and pumped up to try it next time (still going to buy from the same pretty shopkeeper). So he tries, and it goes all right- it at least lowers how much he spends when he goes shopping. They have a chat about it, Hinata compares haggling with being on the battlefield, where you have to closely watch your opponent/partner and get into their mindset, and calls Mozume “master” and asks her to keep teaching him stuff. So anyway in the S-support, Hinata asks Mozume for advice about “the pretty lady” and Mozume seems disheartened, up until he proposes and she’s completely shocked. (“B-but weren’t you talking about the pretty lady?” “Yeah, of course, the pretty lady right in front of me!”) And yeah, basically that’s how it goes.

Edited by wvype

Most of the Saizou Supports that involve food (Mozume, Hana, Charlotte, Sakura etc). It makes the idea that he is Grey's father a bit more believable. His support with Hana even implies that he makes his own treats like his son does.

Reading this thread makes me realize that I need to read more supports...

But so far, the ones I've liked are:

Tsubaki X Hinoka: I dunno, it was just soothing to read

Takumi X Kazahana: mostly for the cute S support

Saizou X Sakura: just oozes cuteness, made me jump ship for both of them

Benoit X Oboro: I still need to read more of Oboro's supports, but I thought this one was adorable

Odin X Luna: I paired them up in Awakening, so it was nice to see that this support showed signs of them maturing, but still maintained their personalities

Marx X Hinoka: definitely my favorite from all the romantic royal sibling supports

Ryouma/Elise (C-A): their S wasn't bad, but the age difference... other than that, it was precious

Deere X Velour: I thought it was a really well-written romantic support. Deere was being really nice to her, and there were signs of romantic feelings before the S support

Gunther/M!Kamui and F!Kamui (C-A): both sets of supports were incredibly sweet and really shows that Gunther is a wonderful person. Although I have no clue how they managed to write an S support after the C-A with F!Kamui...

Fuuga/M!Kamui and F!Kamui (C-A): both sets of supports offer a rare opportunity to learn more about Sumeragi, who is surprisingly much less serious than Ryouma in his younger days. Any support that offers backstory earns automatic points from me

Also, the Joker X Flora and Ryouma X Crimson that are a part of my headcanon

And these are just purely due to my insane biases:

Ryouma X F!Kamui: you get two rings from him. Chrom needs to take a lesson from Ryouma. Also, Ryouma was the only one of the Hoshidan siblings to not fall prey to the stupid "letter from Mikoto" deal in the S supports, and I'm really thankful for that.

Shinonome/His mom: Ryouma sexts his wife on the battlefield; that's all I needed to glean from the support. Also, he seems to have a light case of Oedipus Complex, which is eerily similar to Lucina's Electra Complex in Awakening

Also, these should be in the game (credits to vype):

tumblr_nsq7oqRb7v1ucuemlo4_400.png

tumblr_nsq7oqRb7v1ucuemlo2_400.png

Edited by Tsuky

Reading this thread makes me realize that I need to read more supports...

But so far, the ones I've liked are:

Tsubaki X Hinoka: I dunno, it was just soothing to read

Takumi X Kazahana: mostly for the cute S support

Saizou X Sakura: just oozes cuteness, made me jump ship for both of them

Benoit X Oboro: I still need to read more of Oboro's supports, but I thought this one was adorable

Odin X Luna: I paired them up in Awakening, so it was nice to see that this support showed signs of them maturing, but still maintained their personalities

Marx X Hinoka: definitely my favorite from all the romantic royal sibling supports

Ryouma/Elise (C-A): their S wasn't bad, but the age difference... other than that, it was precious

Deere X Velour: I thought it was a really well-written romantic support. Deere was being really nice to her, and there were signs of romantic feelings before the S support

Gunther/M!Kamui and F!Kamui (C-A): both sets of supports were incredibly sweet and really shows that Gunther is a wonderful person. Although I have no clue how they managed to write an S support after the C-A with F!Kamui...

Fuuga/M!Kamui and F!Kamui (C-A): both sets of supports offer a rare opportunity to learn more about Sumeragi, who is surprisingly much less serious than Ryouma in his younger days. Any support that offers backstory earns automatic points from me

Also, the Joker X Flora and Ryouma X Crimson that are a part of my headcanon

And these are just purely due to my insane biases:

Ryouma X F!Kamui: you get two rings from him. Chrom needs to take a lesson from Ryouma. Also, Ryouma was the only one of the Hoshidan siblings to not fall prey to the stupid "letter from Mikoto" deal in the S supports, and I'm really thankful for that.

Shinonome/His mom: Ryouma sexts his wife on the battlefield; that's all I needed to glean from the support. Also, he seems to have a light case of Oedipus Complex, which is eerily similar to Lucina's Electra Complex in Awakening

Also, these should be in the game (credits to vype):

tumblr_nsq7oqRb7v1ucuemlo4_400.png

tumblr_nsq7oqRb7v1ucuemlo2_400.png

That bottom picture... The BrOTP lives on.

Leo is like, "Hell yeah..." while slowly nodding his head.

That bottom picture... The BrOTP lives on.

Leo is like, "Hell yeah..." while slowly nodding his head.

Of course, the two BrOTP's are the best. The sister ones can't even compare.

The supports that I tend to favor mostly get overlooked, but they deserved it. The writing is sub-par in comparison to other supports. So here the supports that I really liked.

Lazward X Kazahana: Their C-A support is just like Chrom X Sumia except replace pie with lipstick. It is not a bad support per say but both of them had better ones. However I cannot stop shipping them since their S support is just so damn sweet that I wished their entire focus wasn't on lipstick. (I will stop there, since I can go on for hours about this.)

Hisame X Velour: They are so cute when they bonded over finding stones and loving their father.

Male MU X Flora: Not as good as the female one, but never the less I still find it quite sweet.

Laslow/Azura is still probably my favorite. It's actually kinda serious for a Laslow support. He keeps his flirting to a minimum, both have great chemistry and relate over dancing and singing. The throwback to Olivia sealed the deal for me. Top support for sure.

Xander/Charlotte was extremely fitting, and easily one of, if not, Xander's best romantic supports. Both are completely in character, and that S is perfect.

Benny/Beruka/Mozu are my 3tp.

All of Tsubaki's male supports are great. I'm really fond of Hinata/Hana as well.

I avoided certain supports like Takumi/Oboro because I want to try it myself, but I hear it's good.

Siegbert/Ophelia too. That S rank couldnt be better.

For kids I only really focused on Shinonome, but I enjoyed Shinonome/Matoi (really good chemistry and very natural support line) and Shinonome/Kinu (bias here: Ryouma makes a slight mention and it's about food it's funny)

Shame that Matoi is so likely to be Shino's cousin bc my two top pairs for Tsubaki are Sakura and Hinoka lmao

For kids I only really focused on Shinonome, but I enjoyed Shinonome/Matoi (really good chemistry and very natural support line) and Shinonome/Kinu (bias here: Ryouma makes a slight mention and it's about food it's funny)

Shame that Matoi is so likely to be Shino's cousin bc my two top pairs for Tsubaki are Sakura and Hinoka lmao

Yeah, Kinu/Shino thinking which way of doing this certain food is better was nice. :P

Romantic:

All three of Corrin x Azura are really, really good. Even their weakest support chain, IK, is still above average and has an adorable S-support (thank you IntSys for not lapsing into typical bathhouse shenanigans like Chrobin). Nohr and Hoshido are just fantastic start to end--I think Nohr's might be one of my favorite supports in the franchise. And then you add in their story interactions and....agh. OTP.

I love everything about Xander x Charlotte, him not being taken in by her flirtatiousness for a second, her saving his life bare-handed, him falling for her because of her strength, her crying tears of happiness, #QueenCharlotte...it follows the same formulaic pattern as a lot of Charlotte's supports, but it does so in such a good way.

Laslow x Peri is holycrapbackstoryandFEELSFEELSEVERYWHERE. Too stinking cute. And it's one of the supports that really highlights how much Las has matured since Awakening.

Azama x Effie for that character development. Just wow.

And of course, Takumi x Oboro. Very natural feeling, and it's rare to see him be so nice to someone straight from the start.

Non-romantic

Oboro x Beruka is another strong contender for one of my favorite supports in the franchise. It's just so emotional, Beruka being hit by guilt and offering her life in penance, Oboro being confronted with the daughter of her parents' killer and deciding to let go of her hatred instead of continuing the vicious cycle...that's just amazing. Absolutely amazing character development on both their parts.

Azura x any of her sisters, but especially Sakura. It's so rare for her to open up, much less as completely as she does around her little sister. And their interactions are so...sister-like--big sister trolling the younger one with ghost stories, light teasing with an air of "but if anyone messes with you they're dead". It just gave me fuzzies.

Actually, come to think of it, pretty much all the royal sibling supports are strong.

Ah there are two other supports I really like a lot

Kisaragi supports with Kinu and Midoriko! This baby is so cute in both supports, that I don't know with who pair him! Kinu sounds like the perfect girl for him, both are so wild, but Midoriko have some points in common with him...

Mmm, from my favorite romantic supports, Kisaragi is the only one that have 2, and I don't know which one give to him

Hinoka/Leon, though I am probably the only one who likes it. I think it is great.

I like it too, it's my favorite for him

I haven't read EVERYTHING, especially not the supports between two main story characters. But otherwise, support spoilers didn't really bother me, and I enjoyed a lot more of them than Awakening.

Laslow/Peri, Keaton/Felicia, Kagero/Subaki, Dia/Velour, and Charlotte/Xander were ones I found especially enjoyable. I'd highly recommend all of these.

I was very impressed by Saizou/Sakura and Xander/Sakura. Both kinda give a twist to the "sweet girl approaches big guy" clichés: in the first one the "big guy" ends up unable to deny almost anything to the sweet girl and she even gets to tease him a little bit, and in the second the "big guy" turns out to be just as shy as the sweet girl and they bond over that. Really nice stuff.

Agreeing on Azama/Effie, how they get great character development from it and how goddamn perfect they are for each other. Love how he's totally out of his element dealing with her but she still gets under his skin and they both learn from it.

Arthur/Azura is one that surprised me, too. It's among the few that treat the usually comical Arthur completely seriously and the story behind their first meeting was surprisingly sad.

And much as I love Male!Kamui/Niles, I love him with Leo too. DANG.

the thing that's busting me right now is Velour/Nina

Their supports are decent (and I'll take anything that doesn't revolve around her fujoshi trope) and I like them being bffs but now I kind of like them more than that

fuck.

I've been reading some of the supports suggested by others here, and I keep stumbling upon really good ones. Some examples would be Marx X Charlotte, Asama X Effie, Harold X Aqua, and Lazward X Pieri. Now I'm so conflicted about my planned pairings :(

Edited by Tsuky

I'm in the process of re-reading Rinka and Ryouma's supports for pre-and-post localization comparisons. Still writing up reactions/reviews for Ryouma's supports, but I did Rinka's already here. I think a bunch of hers are pretty solid; there's a few that was meh, and there's one I really hated and it wasn't her fault.

It's pretty long though. Contains summaries and my thoughts on each of Rinka's supports.

the thing that's busting me right now is Velour/Nina

Their supports are decent (and I'll take anything that doesn't revolve around her fujoshi trope) and I like them being bffs but now I kind of like them more than that

fuck.

I also recommend Caeldori/Nina if you want another solid support without any mention of fujoshi-ness
Edited by Thor Odinson

Did I mention Caeldori/Siegbert?

Because idk... I kinda dont like Caeldori for personal reasons, but that support was... cute.

I agree with this one. I've heard good things about her and Shinonome's support, but since they are gonna be cousins due to my pairings, I needed to find an alternative. Siegbert is just so nice to everyone :)

I wonder if the localizers will change the Jakob/Rinka S support because as it's ridiculous.

I mean what's he going to do if Rinka says no, rape her? Because given the way he acts there, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.