What are you favorite support conversations? [Possible Spoilers]

saisymbolic

Char/Kaze is definitely neither of their bests, agreed.

Speaking of Rinka/Kaze I'm pretty excited to see what the localization does with that support because the C rank they showed is definitely well-done. Kaze's one of the guys I am good with pairing Rinka with, even if it's not her primary-ship for me, but I am pretty selective about her, too, since she's my favorite girl.

For me though, that's part of the problem. The only people he ever acts truly nice around are Kamui (his boss), Elisa and Sakura (his boss' little sisters), Hinoka (one of the boss' older sisters) and Azura (one of female!boss' best friends and male!boss' canon heavily-teased/implied love interest). Maybe I'm just being bias because of personal experience, but those don't strike me as the traits of a sympathetic character or even a tsundere, they seem like the traits of an douche-bag co-worker who acts abrasive to everyone except their boss or people their boss likes, in which case they're nothing but smiles, ice cream and rainbows.

He's not nice to Takumi, for what it's worth. Takumi has to make him cooperate.
But no, I agree, I don't think he's ultimately a good person, but I guess I've done enough character analysis (mainly of Ryouma, but it make the process easier on other characters) to...idk? I kinda just pity him, mostly. I think he's probably really psychologically fucked up based on his experiences, which makes me hate him less and pity him more, than someone who's just a dick out of nowhere.
Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Joker / Jakob as a character and think that his issues make him interesting. That said, it is surprising he doesn't need an operation to retrieve his testicles after that S rank with Rinka. How did he get through that in one piece?? :O I'm actually not against characters behaving badly in games, but I am against there being no consequences for it / the character being rewarded for it.

Fortunately for Rinka, she's not going anywhere near Jakob in my Birthright playthrough because I plan to pair him with F!Corrin. She (Rinka) is going to wind up with Ryoma.

I actually like Jakob x Rinkah because I don't like Rinkah and I think she kinda deserves it for being rude to people just like Jakob is. They're perfect for each other.

As for other supports, I haven't read many but the typical stuff so I'll say Xander x Charlotte and Male Corrin x Niles.

EDIT: as a whole I tend to prefer comedy to any form of seriousness so Jakob, Niles and Azama are utterly beautiful. It's why Tharja is the best Awakening character.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Oh, Thor, you're an artist? Do you mind if I take a look at your work?

I like drawing as well, but I have no means of uploading anything I do.

It seems that there are a lot of characters with issues that are subtle or overt or they have a way of expressing themselves that can be annoying.

Edited by Raumata

He's not nice to Takumi, for what it's worth. Takumi has to make him cooperate.

But no, I agree, I don't think he's ultimately a good person, but I guess I've done enough character analysis (mainly of Ryouma, but it make the process easier on other characters) to...idk? I kinda just pity him, mostly. I think he's probably really psychologically fucked up based on his experiences, which makes me hate him less and pity him more, than someone who's just a dick out of nowhere.

Also true, I can definitely see him being messed up because of his past. I would be a lot more sympathetic however, if he actually acknowledged that he could be an arse or made any amount of effort improve his behaviour. Take Takumi for example, he's definitely a jackass towards Kamui and Azura, but his supports with them actually involve him becoming closer to them and working towards being less abrasive. Jakob's behaviour meanwhile, remains consistently rude throughout most of his supports. I pity him for sure, but sympathetic backstory doesn't make a sympathetic character.

Nice. Glad to see more people pairing Ryouma/Rinka!

i really should make more art of them sometimes

Nup, Ryoma will always be single in my playthroughs. If Scarlet can't be paired with him, then no-one can be paired with him!

I actually like Jakob x Rinkah because I don't like Rinkah and I think she kinda deserves it for being rude to people just like Jakob is. They're perfect for each other.

I don't even know how the fuck to respond to this, this kind of thinking is just gross as fuck

Also true, I can definitely see him being messed up because of his past. I would be a lot more sympathetic however, if he actually acknowledged that he could be an arse or made any amount of effort improve his behaviour. Take Takumi for example, he's definitely a jackass towards Kamui and Azura, but his supports with them actually involve him becoming closer to them and working towards being less abrasive. Jakob's behaviour meanwhile, remains consistently rude throughout most of his supports. I pity him for sure, but sympathetic backstory doesn't make a sympathetic character.

Nup, Ryoma will always be single in my playthroughs. If Scarlet can't be paired with him, then no-one can be paired with him!

I think the contrast of that, especially, makes Takumi and Joker two very different characters. Mind, I'm not saying you're wrong for disliking him--but I think that, for others, being able to see that his backstory is all sorts of fucked up may also influence their opinions of him than say, just an asshole for the sake of an asshole. I wanted to paint a fuller picture of him, is my point. I don't want someone to come asking for how a character is but not give them all the details--and I think Joker's backstory can make or break someone's opinion of him.

For what it's worth, Joker used to be on my to-Srank list because physically he's pretty my type, but he entirely dropped off that after I read his supports.

I like Shinonome too much to leave Ryouma single :P

sometimes I wish Hoshido has polygamy because I have 3 different pairings for Ryouma (Marx, Crimson, Rinka) I like almost all the same level but only one is S-capable, oh well

I was gonna make Ryouma/Crimson art last summer though but for the time I had left in the summer I got too ambitious with the composition--or rather, background and never finished it. Since you seem a fan of Ryouma/Crimson though here's the WIP (warning spoilers)

Oh, you're an artist? Do you mind if I take a look at your work?

I like drawing as well, but I have no means of uploading anything I do.

The link's in my signature.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hah, I can't believe I didn't notice that. Then again, I'm not wearing glasses with my tablet close to my face.

You are amazing! I love how the faces look distinct and the bodies are proportional, yet still keep true to the characters.

The only thing I don't get about Corrin x Jakob, and this is may thinking way too into this as a writer, is how in the world their relationship would really work / shift properly considering that he is her Butler. I mean, would he keep taking care of her because she is / he thinks she is clueless in regard to the stuff he does for her? Would they get a new / different Butler (dear Lord I'd feel so sorry for that person...)

Sorry to wander off on a random thought like this, but I've had that wandering around in my head for a while now. It's not like Corrin seems to really push him around or really treat him as a servant (can't see Jakob being so loyal if that was all there was to them) but the idea that the princess of Nohr / Hoshido is going to marry her Butler and everyone's gonna nod and smile is a bit odd. Then again. I believe there is a support where Xander mentions that he chose Peri because he wanted to get closer to her since he was interested in marrying her, so maybe I'm missing part of their culture / mentality. (Maybe it's more okay in the FE universe to mix work and relationships, which I suppose makes sense under the circumstances.)

I also like Oboro/Orochi. How about you?

yes me too

i've listed most of my favorite ships already, ha…Leo/Nyx is another of my favorites, I suppose. and Odin/Selena have a nice support convo, even if I do prefer Laslow/Selena.

Edited by Shadowess

Heh, thanks

@Corrin/Jakob that's something I've wondered as well-Jakob's character is very focused on his unhealthy dependence on Kamui, and I think his happiness depends on being a good butler to them. If he was a more normal butler, it'd probably be okay--like Felicia isn't shown to be nearly as dependent as him and has a bunch of healthy relationships with other people--so being a maid for her, is probably just her day job. She goes, does her maid thing, but in the end even though she has that stockholm syndrome thing she doesn't feel like the center of her universe is still Kamui if you apply some S supports to her. Jakob's...not such a case.

The NoA localization of these supports are going to be interesting to see for sure.

Which character has the closest to a healthy romantic relationship for Corrin? Azura? Oboro? Lazlow? Arthur?

Edited by Raumata

tbh I'm thinking and the third route has probably my favorite Oboro pairing that isn't Takumi or Kamui

Niles

I said it before but I love this pairing. I'm doing it third route. No regrets.

Also Elise/Takumi is cute. I'm kind of debating on doing Elise/Ryouma or Elise/Takumi third route. Cause on one hand, dat age difference (but I love Basara Shiro and purple haired Kisaragi), but the others are cute too... arg...

re: Jakob, I can sympathize with his past, and I understand why he has his issues, but...it doesn't excuse how he treats people. People like Silas and Kaze are nothing but polite to him, and he's still a sneering ass to them. Or how about Felicia, whom he's worked with for years, but who he still insults, mocks and belittles mercilessly? If he were just aloof and cold I could accept that, but as is he's so rude to so many people, most of whom haven't done anything to deserve it, I can't like him at all. It makes pairing him a pain when he treats nearly all the girls badly.

Not helping things is the fact that a support that's good for Jakob is usually bad for the other person. Like, Azura is one of his best supports, but he's one of her worst, because she gets to do nothing except be a soundboard for him. Mozu and Kagero are his only other romantic supports I like, and while they both get some development/depth out of them, they just have better options out there. Especially options who treat them far better than Jakob does.

The NoA localization of these supports are going to be interesting to see for sure.

Which character has the closest to a healthy romantic relationship for Corrin? Azura? Oboro? Lazlow? Arthur?

Azura's closest to being canon, but she's far from the only one to have a healthy romantic relationship with Corrin--in fact, most characters do. The only ones I'd say are really unhealthy are Jakob and Camilla due to their fixation on Corrin.

Edited by Abvora

re: Jakob, I can sympathize with his past, and I understand why he has his issues, but...it doesn't excuse how he treats people. People like Silas and Kaze are nothing but polite to him, and he's still a sneering ass to them. Or how about Felicia, whom he's worked with for years, but who he still insults, mocks and belittles mercilessly? If he were just aloof and cold I could accept that, but as is he's so rude to so many people, most of whom haven't done anything to deserve it, I can't like him at all. It makes pairing him a pain when he treats nearly all the girls badly.

I agree. This is main reason why I have a hard time liking him. I just felt so bad for a lot of the girls; if someone had said that to me irl, I probably would've cried :(

But, getting back on topic, another support that I found pretty interesting was Lazward X Charlotte. (I admit, I loved both Marx X Charlotte and Lazward X Pieri, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to part with Marx X Pieri, so I was exploring alternatives...) This support actually breaks away from the usual Charlotte formula somewhat, since Lazward found her attractive from the get-go and she was so unused to that and felt really "unaccomplished." Their S-support was quite unlike any S-support I've read before, but I have to say that I liked it.

Edited by Tsuky

So before I read through this thread a little, I'm just going to say Leo and Takumi's one is both the most hilarious and surprisingly one of the more...I don't know, heartwarming? That's the wrong word, but you can't help but want to squeeze their bratty little cheeks. Maybe cute.

As an aside, I believe Hinoka and Saizou have the worst one, at least it's the one that sticks out in my memory. Allow me to summarize it:

C-rank

Saizou: Here's your letter!

Hinoka: Did you read it?

Saizou: No, because I was told not to.

Hinoka: Hm...

B-rank

A-rank

Hinoka: Look, I'm asking you about the letters because some nameless, corrupt noble accused you of being a traitor without any proof or explained reason.

Saizou: Okay?

Hinoka: We cool?

Saizou: We cool.

S-rank

Saizou: You were so kind to me when you were worried about me being a traitor, let's get married!

Hinoka: Hot diggity!

Edited by Thane

So before I read through this thread a little, I'm just going to say Leo and Takumi's one is both the most hilarious and surprisingly one of the more...I don't know, heartwarming? That's the wrong word, but you can't help but want to squeeze their bratty little cheeks. Maybe cute.

As an aside, I believe Hinoka and Saizou have the worst one, at least it's the one that sticks out in my memory. Allow me to summarize it:

C-rank

B-rank

A-rank

Hinoka: Look, I'm asking you about the letters because some nameless, corrupt noble accused you of being a traitor without any proof or explained reason.

Saizou: Okay?

Hinoka: We cool?

Saizou: We cool.

S-rank

Saizou: You were so kind to me when you were worried about me being a traitor, let's get married!

Hinoka: Hot diggity!

Ouch. That is kind of a terrible one. Good thing I never thought about pairing them together.

More supports: I read through Hinoka/Silas. It was decent. I enjoyed it but would have preferred a tiny more bit of development as they were sort of getting there--but, I guess I might be nitpicking. The S-rank was cute until Silas mentioned Kamui to sort of convince Hinoka to be with him. I don't know, I might be taking that the wrong way.

Kagerou/Silas made me chuckle a little as he was essentially calling everything Kagerou did crap until the A-rank. Well, that was how I took it. Kazahana/Silas was also kind of entertaining, especially the S-rank. Again, I chuckled a little at the image in my head. Luna/Silas, the support was so-so, essentially reiterating her inferiority complex in regards to be mother but I liked a part of the S-rank. When she says that, even when they have kids, she wants Silas to dote on her more than the kids--I thought it was really cute.

Ryoma/Silas was nice. An oath of brotherhood without a peach garden and with a sword. I liked when Ryoma mentions they need to fight for more than just Kamui--or they need to stop relying on Kamui so--and I was like, "YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT!?!?!" Silas/Suzukaze just became one of my BrOTP. It was relatively simple but sweet all the same.

Sorry for all the Silas. I've trying to go through the supports of characters I tend to forget about.

I didn't like Kazahana/Silas because it feels like it's throwing out established character on Hana to make Silas look good and it just grated me the entire time :x Elfie/Silas suffers from this to some degree as well.

If I have to rec a good Silas support, I'd say Mozume.

I agree that Hinoka/Saizou is bad, though I kinda see what they're going for so I can't hate it that much--at least they tried at politics? They didn't succeed at all, but I'll take a youtried.jpg over sexual harassment supports.

But anyway I really like all 3 of Ryouma's sibling supports. Hinoka's probably my favorite because he goes troll mode and actually teases her and they end up chilling at the end which is really useful for those two since neither of them have any chill, but Takumi and Sakura both deal with Ryouma helping their self esteem which is really nice. I'll probably have the full Ryouma support reviews up tonight, or something.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Im wondering how many supports have Selena, Odin and Laslow actually STAY in Nohr/Hoshido. Silas agrees to go back to Ylisse with Selena, but Kaze convices her to stay with him. I'd really love a full list of these.

They didn't succeed at all, but I'll take a youtried.jpg over sexual harassment supports.

You mean AzamaxKagero?

Silas x Mozu is such an incredibly good support, I'm surprised I forgot about it. Definitely top-tier for them both.

Im wondering how many supports have Selena, Odin and Laslow actually STAY in Nohr/Hoshido. Silas agrees to go back to Ylisse with Selena, but Kaze convices her to stay with him. I'd really love a full list of these.

None of them. The epilogues for all potential spouses have them packing up and returning to Ylisse. The only times they stay is if they marry Corrin on Revelation.

Edited by Abvora

I doubt Xander and Leo would.

I've never married Selena to either, so I couldn't tell you for sure, but her epilogue seems to take precedence over her husband's. Marrying her to Subaki in Revelation, for example, has them returning to Ylisse, even though his married ending in Revelation is supposed to have him staying to serve the royal family.

I'm very disappointed that the support endings are more generic than awakening's this time around---Awakening's were formulaic and mostly male-centric (Kellam and Henry's were the only female-centric ones I remember) but it had a degree of customization for every pair. Now it's only select pairs (mostly Kamui, for that matters) and it's super generic--especially for women.

I'm salty about Rinka getting to be the fire queen next flame tribe chief if she's unmarried and just something something bad at emotions if married. She outranks mostly everyone! Except Ryouma and maybe the furries, the guys should go home with her!