GameXplain's Fire Emblem Fates Q&A Part 1 Video

Kaze

That being said, he's only up to chapter 16, and said that the best written character was Corrin so

Either he hasn't encountered the bullshit contrivances yet or he has pretty low standards

But either way I'm keeping optimistic!

So if female Kanna is Fuma, does that mean this is the same for male? Fuga canon husband.

The guy was a sucker for Lyn and Ninian in FE7, and didn't have any real complaints about the game.

He has pretty low standards

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Zero's innuendos haven't been toned down, though his sadism may have been.

Oh boy...didn't know about the innuendos...this is gonna be fun (Immaturity for the win......sometimes anyway). :3

Fuma is the verb "to smoke" in Spanish. Awkward name choice if true.

Well...if she breathed fire, she would be smoking you/ you're opponent! :3

Edit: I hear Fuma, but I think Fukka (Persona 3). Weird, huh?

Edited by Busterman64

Fuma is the verb "to smoke" in Spanish. Awkward name choice if true.

Ha! I didn't even think about that. In Italian it's the same, and can even mean "[she] smokes".

Keep an eye on your kid, Corrin. She's bad news.

EDIT: Also apparently it can mean 'immortality' in Japanese but not sure how accurate that is.

The guy was a sucker for Lyn and Ninian in FE7, and didn't have any real complaints about the game.

Ha, yeah I watched his FE7 playthrough don't you worry. Good to know at least some people will enjoy the story, though, and there is still a chance they've tweaked some things, albeit mostly minor dialogue and wording if anything.

Edited by nordopolica

Well, I consider myself to have rather high standards when it comes to narratives in games, and I didn't have any problems with Lyn. I had quite a few with Ninian, but no story is perfect

Heck, FE7 is the only FE narrative I consider halfway decent, but I imagine a great deal of people disagree with me there

Haven't spoiled Fates for myself yet, maybe I'll like it's plot too

Fuuma? I thought it was Kana.. with single 'n'

I saw this in the other thread I think, where was this confirmed? If it's true it could be M!Kanna's name while Fuma is F!Kanna's. He seemed pretty adamant it began with an F.

"Is Corrin as broken as he is in Smash?"

"Yes."

Oh my, Derrick... oh my.

I've taken to making fun of him on occasion, and this (along with him praising the story) isn't helping.

Edited by The DanMan

Well, I consider myself to have rather high standards when it comes to narratives in games, and I didn't have any problems with Lyn. I had quite a few with Ninian, but no story is perfect

Heck, FE7 is the only FE narrative I consider halfway decent, but I imagine a great deal of people disagree with me there

Haven't spoiled Fates for myself yet, maybe I'll like it's plot too

Hm,,,didn't know people had an issue with Lyn. She was always fine with me honestly ( not to mention she left a big impression on me as a kid when I first played the game). I do wish they did a bit more with her though, but I'm fine with what we got (if only it had a remake to further her character and the such......along with a remake and localization of Sword of Seals...probably won't happen, but a guy can hope).

FE7's story was pretty alright in my book too. I prefer Path of Radience's(FE9) a lot more, but I still enjoy Blazing Sword quite a bit. Not sure about Sword of Seals(FE6) though (I prefer FE7 over that one), but I haven't played that game in a while (and I don't replay it often like FE 7, 9, and 10) so my memory may be a bit fuzzy with that game.

Hm,,,didn't know people had an issue with Lyn. She was always fine with me honestly ( not to mention she left a big impression on me as a kid when I first played the game). I do wish they did a bit more with her though, but I'm fine with what we got (if only it had a remake to further her character and the such......along with a remake and localization of Sword of Seals...probably won't happen, but a guy can hope).

FE7's story was pretty alright in my book too. I prefer Path of Radience's(FE9) a lot more, but I still enjoy Blazing Sword quite a bit. Not sure about Sword of Seals(FE6) though (I prefer FE7 over that one), but I haven't played that game in a while (and I don't replay it often like FE 7, 9, and 10) so my memory may be a bit fuzzy with that game.

Lyn flat-out doesn't serve any purpose in the actual game; she's just a stock action girl serving as the tutorial lord.

As for FE7's story, that's a rant for another day.

I saw this in the other thread I think, where was this confirmed? If it's true it could be M!Kanna's name while Fuma is F!Kanna's. He seemed pretty adamant it began with an F.

Where did you get your random info in that? Fuma is straight from a reviewer

it's from here:

I think this covered the general apporach of the game. I don't think I heard much of the local changes, just the general concept of the game.

Yeah. He was mostly covering the questions that people on twitter asked him, which a lot of them seemed to not know much about the Japanese version.

"Is Corrin as broken as he is in Smash?"

"Yes."

Oh my, Derrick... oh my.

I've taken to making fun of him on occasion, and this (along with him praising the story) isn't helping.

Yeah, how dare someone have an opinion!

On topic not a lot of new information as expected.

Lyn flat-out doesn't serve any purpose in the actual game; she's just a stock action girl serving as the tutorial lord.

As for FE7's story, that's a rant for another day.

...she still kicks more butt than Eliwood anyday though.

I'm totally not a little salty or anything about that :3

I can't say the same towards Hector because than I would be lying to myself...greatly!

Nothing against Eliwood, I like the guy and he can be pretty good and all, but...he kinda gets a bit outshined sometimes by the other two lords (Character wise by Hector, Battle wise by Lyn AND Hector).

Edited by Busterman64

From Gamefaqs so I wouldn't take it too seriously, but still viable. If they got Kanna and Sophie specifically it could be a male who is called Kana since it's likely you'd get them at the same time if you married Silas (Which Allegra Frank @ Polygon did. She also posted photos of the blowing, so the 'friend' could be her.) And Derrick could very well be wrong, but he seemed to remember the letter F in particular.

Yeah, how dare someone have an opinion!

On topic not a lot of new information as expected.

If Corrin in Smash (or most fighters, for that matter) isn't one thing, it's broken.

And we have nothing that seems to suggest any re-writes with the story and everything that suggests it's been kept the same; considering we have some form of precedence, Derrick really does just have low storytelling standards.

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! Was beginning to think I was... She is the main reason that game can never be my favorite despite being my first FE. Everything else about it is pretty swell, though I believe it can be overrated.

Really glad to hear that at least in his opinion the Conquest story seems to be gripping and headed somewhere somewhat better than the JP version in regards to characterization. I understand there's only so much the localization can do with a story (so far as I've heard its pretty lack luster), but any help is good. I'm still cautiously optimistic on everything, but my hope is restored after it was almost dashed 2 weeks ago with all the salt.