How Unspoiled Are You?

Soonaynay

How Unspoiled Are You?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. If you plan to buy the English version of Fire Emblem Fates, how spoiled/unspoiled are you in regards to the story?

• Completely spoiled because I played the Japanese version
    • Spoiled because I wanted to be spoiled/didn't care about being spoiled
    • I know almost everything about the plot, and I didn't want to know :(
    • I know a good amount of the plot :/
    • I know only a little about the plot :)
    • Completely unspoiled! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to call anyone out, but I think its hilarious how this thread now has major spoilers from the responses

Loving the irony haha

I haven't actually opened the spoiler boxes myself, so if I'm wrong forgive me

Edited by Soonaynay

I am totally spoiled on Hoshido and Nohr because I have the text dump files that include all the dialogue of every chapter. Still, I didn't pay as much attention to those as I did to the support conversations.

Mostly spoiled for the third route, though but I'm a bit fuzzier on the exact details/sequence of events because the text dump doesn't have anything for those. But I watched people stream it, listened in on the discussions, so yeah.

I know a little about some of the non-story character's personalities and a little about the story before the split, but outside of that I'm pretty unspoiled.

I'm just hoping I can resist spoiling things for one more week because I'm kinda running out of stuff to do that isn't work related.

I know the game's basic plot, but I don't know EVERYTHING regarding the story or the characters. I haven't touched any of the support conversations aside from the summaries on the FE Wikia. I've also been watching the live streams of people who got advanced copies from Nintendo.

I only know a few plot details about the family relations. Which, sure, some might consider a big spoiler, but I don't mind. I needed to know what was incest or not, and I don't really know how anything was revealed. So I still have a lot to look forward to. :)

Oh wait, scratch that. I unfortunately learned about two of the deaths. But not in detail, so I guess that's not too bad as far as spoilers go?

Hasn't played but I spoiled the whole game already, the three routes.

I'm only missing some supports and dlc, but really I don't care about the supports that I hasn't see, I already read the ones I care, so yeah, the only new for me is to see what localization did to the dialogues

I regret nothing :tangerineglasses:

I feel like I know a "good amount" of the plot, and I am not happy about it. I even feel like I know too much about the game mechanics. I wish I was as strong as the 7 people who claim they are completely unspoiled. I truly envy them.

I watched all routes when they were streamed on Twitch and read a got amount of supports online. So I've spoiled myself on almost everything. The game will probably not see the light of the day here in Europe for at least the next two to three month. I just didn't want to wait that long.

I imported the game as quickly as I could. I was originally planning on waiting for the localization, but my impatience got the better of me. It doesn't help that Europe usually gets things so late. :V

Edited by Matt-hue

I have been trying to avoid spoilers for months, and it hasn't gone completely according to plan, as I still needed to go online to find out things like when the North America release date is, when pre-orders for the special edition were available in Canada, etc. I have accidently stumbled upon one or two things, so I have been trying desperately to bury the memories if not completely forget so I still will be surprised (it has sort of worked).

I've beat the game several times already, so I am perhaps the most spoiled for the gameplay that one could possibly be.

However, I haven't read all the supports and I haven't fully watched any of the English streams everyone is watching, so in that sense, I'm not too spoiled for the localized dialogue.

I've watched around the first 15 chapters of Nohr and Hoshido, but have no idea how they end :)
EXCEPT FOR THAT NAGA DAMNED VIDEO THAT YOUTUBE RECOMMENDED TO ME WHILE I WAS WATCHING CHAPTER 3

It was "Little sister's tears"

BUT IT WASN'T CALLED THAT

AGHHHHHH

And I've seen exactly two chapters of Revelations, so it'll be completely new!

I read up on everything revealed about the game until the 16th August last year, which is when I finally gave up and used my birthday money to import a JP 3DS and download all three routes. Then I brought all the DLC. The worst thing is...

...that once Fates releases in Europe, I'm going to buy everything all over again. why am I sooo bad with money????

I know a lot about the plot, which I couldn't care less, I'm getting this game exclusively for gameplay. I did try to avoid seeing the maps, though, and the only one I really spoiled myself on was Nohr's chapter 10.

I'm... mostly unspoiled, I guess? I know more than I wanted to, but mostly from things I looked away from just in time or people referencing things without saying exactly what they're talking about, so it's not too bad. I don't know what happens, but I have a general idea of what might, if that makes sense.

I do vaguely know about most of the playable characters, but I'm okay with that.