[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, finally got the patcher to verify the XORPAD/ROMFS, generated a CIA for CFW, but when I launch it, it crashes right after the Nintendo 3DS screen. Do I need to use CART2 for some reason? Or should I export the .3ds instead and create a cia from that using SimpleCIA or w/e?

What's your 3DS and firmware?

Not sure. We had intended to release a tutorial a while ago, but the guy who was writing it got caught up in his job and school.

I see..poor guy ,';^/

Then may I get yours or thedude28's input on what I should do with my situation on..basically everything?

>I have an unmodded N3DS on FW 10.7.0-32U with Western region FE:Fats Special Edition Cartridge

>I only want to have the JPN dub and fan translation patched in..possibly everything the Team has finished/offered if I learn how to use a CFW

I know the team has repeatedly answered FAQ like a s--tload of times now..seeing how I read but skimmed through all 30+ pages of comments..I'm just one of the many lazy but concerned lurkers of this project thread since I'm afraid I still don't understand how installing the software works.

Every information is too spread (new or old) depending on which of the 5 or more different 3DS FW versions you have (always mentioning procedures that work or have a risk of 'bricking' your console with methods like downgrading, homebrew, OoT3D, ninjahax, etc) and I wanted to try getting the fan translation and JPN dub to work in some chronological order right now w/o technical problems rising.

I'm on my off-day of the week hoping to make this work as I heard it is simple but it's already been almost a hour of research.

Edited by Minsanity

I see..poor guy ,';^/

Then may I get yours or thedude28's input on what I should do with my situation on..basically everything?

>I have an unmodded N3DS on FW 10.7.0-32U with Western region FE:Fats Special Edition Cartridge

>I only want to have the JPN dub and fan translation patched in..possibly everything the Team has finished/offered if I learn how to use a CFW

I know the team has repeatedly answered FAQ like a s--tload of times now..seeing how I read but skimmed through all 30+ pages of comments..I'm just one of the many lazy but concerned lurkers of this project thread since I'm afraid I still don't understand how installing the software works.

Every information is too spread (new or old) depending on which of the 5 or more different 3DS FW versions you have (always mentioning procedures that work or have a risk of 'bricking' your console with methods like downgrading, homebrew, OoT3D, ninjahax, etc) and I wanted to try getting the fan translation and JPN dub to work in some chronological order right now w/o technical problems rising.

I'm on my off-day of the week hoping to make this work as I heard it is simple but it's already been almost a hour of research.

So you have two options, one is safer than the other.

1. You can get homebrew (which requires Ninjhax/OoTHax, any other hax got blocked on 10.7, though I may be wrong).

Homebrew allows you to use HANS, a method for temporarily patching the game with the undub.

Homebrew is also 100% safe and will not mess up your 3DS in any way.

2. You can downgrade to get CFW, which allows you to have a more permanent patch.

You still need homebrew so that you can downgrade.

Downgrading is always risky regardless of the person's experience, but if you read the instructions carefully, then you'll be fine.

Once you downgrade, you have plenty of options to get CFW (ReiNand, CakesFW, RxTools, Gateway).

Then once you get CFW, you'll be able to permanently patch the game.

Alright I need some help. When I apply the swimsuit patch, I get invisible characters on screen, missing text in the chatbox/textbox, and when I look at/buy any swimsuits, my game freezes. I even tried doing a new game but get greeted with a black screen. This makes me very sad. ._.;

Alright I need some help. When I apply the swimsuit patch, I get invisible characters on screen, missing text in the chatbox/textbox, and when I look at/buy any swimsuits, my game freezes. I even tried doing a new game but get greeted with a black screen. This makes me very sad. ._.;

The only things I can think of are either:

1. Something went wrong when rebuilding the .cia. Perhaps there was a glitch in the matrix? you might try re-building it.

2. You forgot to uninstall the old Fates CIA before installing the new one. This can cause a lot of problems, so another thing you might try (maye first) is uninstalling and reinstalling the .cia.

The only things I can think of are either:

1. Something went wrong when rebuilding the .cia. Perhaps there was a glitch in the matrix? you might try re-building it.

2. You forgot to uninstall the old Fates CIA before installing the new one. This can cause a lot of problems, so another thing you might try (maye first) is uninstalling and reinstalling the .cia.

I've tried Hans and Cia versions and I get the same result. ;-; Im going to keep trying with some trial and error, hopefully I'll get somewhere.

Edit: *sigh* Nothing I do works. This is the only game that I know that has given me such a headache to patch lol.

Oh you ran into the same problem i got. Anyway what your ncchinfo.bin files size? is it 1kb?

if so it means you used the simple cia converter to grab the xorpad files out which for some odd reason only generate a 1kb .bin file.

Go download decrypt9(can either be shadowtrance or dok3 both has that script folder). inside this folder called script there contains a file called ncchinfo_gen.

drag your .3ds files onto it. It will generate a .bin files that is gonna be 2kb. and the end result should be 7 xorpad files with 1 that has a ridiculous amount of size up to 1.7GB.

Also you will need python 2.7(32bit) installed.

Surprisingly this method doesn't work for me as well. I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions but get nothing when I drag the .3ds file over it.

Edit 2: Oddly enough the ncchinfo_gen for windows by Riku worked for me in this regard but sadly for some odd reason, the swimsuit patch gives me such odd effects and ultimately freezes the game.

Edited by Lilmaster0990

Hi, I noticed the Fan Translation patch is out. Does this overlap the Name patch? For example, if I only have the Fan Translation, does it fix the abomination that is "Silas"? Or do I also need the Name patch for that?

Hi, I noticed the Fan Translation patch is out. Does this overlap the Name patch? For example, if I only have the Fan Translation, does it fix the abomination that is "Silas"? Or do I also need the Name patch for that?

Yes. Names are hard-coded, and the fan translation used the name patch names to begin with.

I'm not sure If I was doing it right, but I basically dumped all the patches (other than the Name patch) into the same folder, then ran the patcher.

It all went swell except for the fact that the Fanlation patch and the Undub patch have two different versions of the same file: MyUnitEdit.bin.lz

They're not exactly identical files, either; they have different sizes and were last edited at different times. I ended up just arbitrarily picking one to overwrite the other and built the rom. It played just fine, and I was able to create a new character from scratch just fine, but I'd like to know: what's the difference between the two files?

Hi,

So I just learned about the team change for the fanslation, and I was wondering if you'll continue the fan-translation on this project or if I need to get it from the new team (Discord) ?

What I mean if I'm not clear (english is not my first language so sorry for any problems!) will you update the current WIP here or do I need to get it somewhere else ?

Also is the tutorial is still in the work ? I never used homebrew before and I don't understand most of the 'technical' post

If this has been asked before I'm sorry, I don't really have the time to read all the pages, if you know what page this has been asked before please tell me!

Sorry if I sounded rude, and thank you in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to say that I'm waiting for the EU edition, and I know you said that you'll make it available for us, so thanks for that too!

Edited by Doyagao

Is a swimsuit patch that uses NA costume IDs something being worked on or should we just remain wary about a few random costumes if we use the patch from here on?

No idea if it's even possible to have the accessory IDs rearranged. I'm also curious about this.

Huh, translation is out? Didn't expect it to be out this soon... Then again, still WIP.

How much content does it translate actually? Or is only the bug-fixing actually left?

If I'm not mistaken its all three path +paralogues and the more controversial supports. the new team is working on the rest of the supports atm.

No idea if it's even possible to have the accessory IDs rearranged. I'm also curious about this.

I would assume it is, but the difficulty of doing depends on what kind of tools the team is using. I'd assume its not a simple thing to do and would require a fair bit of trial and error hex editing, but I don't really know much about hacking tbh. I do know that the changes would just have to be made to the two files used in the patch however. If this can be done and the four swimsuits can be moved to the end of the item id list without changing the item order for the rest of the items from how they are ordered in the western release I'd very much appreciate it.

Edited by Merik2013