Still pretty disappointed that none of the female Royals, but FemCorrin, gets a unique weapon

Pretty_Handsome

Yes

But yeah, I do agree with you, it's pretty dumb that Camilla and Hinoka got nothing. In the case of Hinoka, I can ~sort of~ see why since Hoshido has males inherit before females and Hinoka's base class can't use bows. Leon and Camilla, however, really have no excuse.

Hinoka got no unique weapon because she'll yippie kaiyai the living shit out of everything with her great speed than nearly everyone in the game. Ryoma's a special case though since he's the same way.

I agree. Same with Azura too. I was really pumped to see her lance like 'OMG, what kinda special weapon does a dancer use?!' but nope just a Blessed Lance. THen the older girls only have Silver weapon in their art and the younger girls have the weakest healing staves.

It would have been easy to give Hinoka and Camilla a weapon at least (Camilla especially since she could have easily been given Bolverk or Brynhildr).

Hinoka got no unique weapon because she'll yippie kaiyai the living shit out of everything with her great speed than nearly everyone in the game. Ryoma's a special case though since he's the same way.

Great, now I am imagining Hinoka as a cow girl. :p

But seriously, I guessing they didn't want to have too many special weapons. But it would probally be all Hinoka would need to be visible.

Yeah, it kinda blows. However, with the weapon durability removed, you can just forge incredibly powerful weapons and name them yourself. For example, I'm giving Camilla a killer axe named Kindness.

It's not the same, but it's something.

I hate to be the history dickweed of this thread, but women tended to inherit nothing except a name and prestige from being born into nobility unless their spouse/parent was cool/backed into a complete corner in terms of heirs. It sucks, yeah, but it's unsurprising.

Honestly, all the Royals deserve one. However, especially in Relevations, you could essentially have a 10 man squad of immortal dragon vein users. Hinoka has the most overall stats of anyone in my group, and she's 5 levels lower than Corrin. She's like Est for me. Camilla is... Seth/Oswin who comes late. Elise and Sakura with infinite super staffs... It would be the royal beatdown show.

I hate to be the history dickweed of this thread, but women tended to inherit nothing except a name and prestige from being born into nobility unless their spouse/parent was cool/backed into a complete corner in terms of heirs. It sucks, yeah, but it's unsurprising.

True, but not in most Fire Emblems. Eirika, Lynn, Sanaki, Micaiah, etc- they all had real power. Now, in real life it was more rare. The Duchess of Britanny. Isabella of Aragon. Elizabeth the Great. Victoria. Great names, but they are but a few compared to the far more numerous male rulers (that being said, it's only because of, as you said, inheritance laws back then).

To be honest I think it has to do with how early you get the them. Corrin gets the Yato, but to be honest it really doesn't get really strong until later. I think they were worried it would be too overpowering to give them one due to how early you get at least Camila and Elise. The problem is they always could of given them one later if that was the case.

Edited by Tolvir

To be honest I think it has to do with how early you get the them. Corrin gets the Yato, but to be honest it really doesn't get really strong until later. I think they were worried it would be too overpowering to give them one due to how early you get at least Camila and Elise. The problem is they always could of given them one later if that was the case.

They could have always received special weapons later on in the campaign. How many characters receive special unique weapons or improved unique weapons mid-game?

Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Michiah, Nolan, Leonardo, Edward, Marth, Chrom, Corrin...maybe Caeda?

There's no way that's all of them and that includes EVERY Lord unit since FE6.

I suppose there's always DLC?

The sexism in their settings didn't stop Briggid from getting the Ishival, Julia from getting the Narga, Altenna from getting the Gae Bolg, Linda from getting the Aura, Tia from getting the Seiken Leda, Eirika from getting the Sieglinde, Elincia from getting the Amiti and Micaiah from getting the... well, she kinda got screwed over.

As for other personal weapon wielded by women, there is the Darkness Sword for Mareeta, the Earth Sword for Nanna, the Holy Sword and the Daim Thunder for Olwen, the Brenthunder for Alicia, the Starlight and Aura Rain for Meriah and the Cymbeline for Sanaki.

Edited by BrightBow

This is an explanation that works for Hoshido, but Nohr is outright said to have equal primogeniture. The succession is in age order, therefore unless Garon just had a preference for Leon or Camilla declined there is no reason Leon should inherit anything before Camilla.

Edited by Sunwoo

I think it would have been nice if Camilla and Hinoka got weapons as well, if nothing else to add some variety. I mean, adding Corrin's Yato, 3 of the 5 weapons are swords.

I don't really think Sakura or Elise need one though. I think they're good the way they are.

I think it would have been nice if Camilla and Hinoka got weapons as well, if nothing else to add some variety. I mean, adding Corrin's Yato, 3 of the 5 weapons are swords.

I don't really think Sakura or Elise need one though. I think they're good the way they are.

I mean, it would have been nice to give them special staves. For instance, Elise could have gotten a Heal with no durability (with a different name, though), and that honestly wouldn't have been too broken or anything.

Edited by Minischew

This is an explanation that works for Hoshido, but Nohr is outright said to have equal primogeniture. The succession is in age order, therefore unless Garon just had a preference for Leon or Camilla declined there is no reason Leon should inherit anything before Camilla.

Based on how she acts in the Hoshido(?) ending, I can believe that Camilia would turn down the right to ascend the throne in favor of Leon.

I agree it's a shame that the ladies get essentially nothing (I guess with how they changed the child mechanics they didn't want to leave any artifacts up in the air like that). I do recall making some prospective weapons for the female royals about a year back:

Hinoka would get a spear with fire damage

Camilia would get an axe with light effects, but essentially use regular magic stats to determine damage

Elise would get a staff that debuffs and limits a characters movement (ice themed)

Sakura would get a staff that teleports people and heals them for slight damage (like rescue, but with a greater or flat restriction on range) (water/whirlpool themed)

This is what the forge is for tbh.

Yeah, but then it won't be "real" still.

No special bonus, no artwork, no story stuff...

For lasses who are already put on the back burner, it hurts.

I miss the days of Thracia where everyone and their mother had a unique weapon. However, I suppose with infinite durability, that would make everyone overpowered. But if everyone is overpowered, is anyone overpowered?

I miss the days of Thracia where everyone and their mother had a unique weapon. However, I suppose with infinite durability, that would make everyone overpowered. But if everyone is overpowered, is anyone overpowered?

All units are overpowered...

Just some more then others.

The royal sisters not having special weapons is really an extension of how unimportant they are at large. Corrin has too many siblings and Fates would have been better served by some cuts.

I actually view some of the sisters as more important. Leo is far less important than Camilla, and Takumi isn't nigh as important as Hinoka. Sakura is just... there and Elise is cute but untimitely minor, at least gameplay wise, to me. Not going into spoilers for any character but it really should have been Lobster and Hinoka with custom weapons, and Camilla+Xander with custom weapons.

I do agree with character cuts. There are alot, I like most, but with so many few get time for much limelight. Though it comes with the territory of essentially doing a Pokemon Gold and Silver->Crystal in Fire Emblem style. Only with each being nigh completely unique in regards to the Pokemon... I haven't played that series in far to long.

I actually view some of the sisters as more important. Leo is far less important than Camilla, and Takumi isn't nigh as important as Hinoka. Sakura is just... there and Elise is cute but untimitely minor, at least gameplay wise, to me.

?????

Please help?