Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'd take them over all the early game Pokemon in Black/White, especially Psyduck and Growlithe. Unova has some of the worst designs (in my opinion) and a lot of my least favorite Pokemon. Psyduck is one of my absolute favorite Pokemon! I personally like it when they mix newer and older Pokemon, it's like you get to discover new ones but still get some old favorites.

Like what exactly? I really hope you don't mean stuff like Vanilluxe/Klinklang/Garbodor because that stance is hilariously overdone.

as for the old pokemon, please take them far away. especially the kanto ones. If I never see the original 151 again it'll be too soon. I'd say that X/Y were hurt by having such a large Pokedex. There is no reason for Noibat to come as late as it does, and I know there are some other Pokemon like Swirlix and Espurr that fade into the background on their own routes due to the old Pokemon.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random observation, but man has the Team Sun climbed up there. It used to be that more people were "undecided" than going with Sun; now it's four votes off of Moon.

No, no!

Heed my words Moon players! We must fight! We cannot let those silly sparkly Sun players win!

Show them the true magnificence of the Moon!

In the name of the Moon, we must punish them!

Random observation, but man has the Team Sun climbed up there. It used to be that more people were "undecided" than going with Sun; now it's four votes off of Moon.

Yeah, I noticed that too! Sun fans have rallied! Go Team Sun! Keep rallying! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

No, no!

Heed my words Moon players! We must fight! We cannot let those silly sparkly Sun players win!

Show them the true magnificence of the Moon!

In the name of the Moon, we must punish them!

Oh dear, it would seem all of your opinions are wrong. HA! How do you accuse Sun players of being sparkly? Our legendary doesn't look like it recently flew through a jewelry store!

You must truly be a fool! HA HA HA!

picking a version right now is way too premature and this fighting is really silly

what if your favorite new pokemon is exclusive to the opposite version

what if an old pokemon you like is exclusive to the opposite version

i picked X because I liked Xerneas, but it made it very hard to use my favorite new Pokemon, Skrelp.

I already put down preorders on both games and have made an agreement to get myself and them all three starters

Because I want them all

And of course I haven't voted in the poll since both/all aren't options

Oh dear, it would seem all of your opinions are wrong. HA! How do you accuse Sun players of being sparkly? Our legendary doesn't look like it recently flew through a jewelry store!

You must truly be a fool! HA HA HA!

Naive child, that is no simple spark.

It shines with the true magnificence of the Moon!

And what of Sun's legendary, who does not shine at all?!

You are the fool!

All the same, I'd still rather not have any more remakes. It just seems a bit silly to remake EVERY SINGLE Pokemon game. At least, every pre-XY/ORAS game. And if they remake Sinnoh, I can't see how they'd seemlessly combine the normal storyline and Platinum's.

All the same, I'd still rather not have any more remakes. It just seems a bit silly to remake EVERY SINGLE Pokemon game. At least, every pre-XY/ORAS game. And if they remake Sinnoh, I can't see how they'd seemlessly combine the normal storyline and Platinum's.

Perhaps they'll go for the default Pearl and Diamond story, like how they missed Emerald.

"Distortion Episode" after the end of the main story?

picking a version right now is way too premature and this fighting is really silly

i picked X because I liked Xerneas, but it made it very hard to use my favorite new Pokemon, Skrelp.

Well, yeah, the fighting is supposed to be silly. Look at the argument Water Mage and I had about starters. Do you think that was serious?

We know all that already, arguing over which version is best is purely for entertainment's sake. Relax, we're odd, not insane.

Naive child, that is no simple spark.

It shines with the true magnificence of the Moon!

And what of Sun's legendary, who does not shine at all?!

You are the fool!

HA! You are the fool, for only a fool could tell such splendid jokes! Sun's legendary doesn't need some gaudy trinkets to be so grossly incandescent!

Besides The Grand Lion can walk on the ground it shines on, can your Kleptomaniac Bat do the same?

Edited by Honey Bunny

Dude, we're just having fun, we're not seriously trying to fight. xP Even I can tell and I have trouble telling when someone is serious or not over the internet!

And yeah, you are right, we could wind up with the scenarios you just mentioned. But even then I don't think I could bring myself to pick Moon, as I love the sun and sunshine so much. lol And Solgaleo is better than Lunaala, imo. :P

Besides, I've a feeling I'm going to prefer Sun's exclusives anyway. I just feel a lot of Fire types coming. <3

I really wish they could bring back the HGSS-exclusive feature of having a Pokemon follow you around while you walk. I understand that it would be a lot of work given the newer games use 3D models rather than sprites, but... I want it, damn it, I want it.

As for which version I want, right now I want Moon, but my brother wants Moon too, so to me that's a problem. So now I'm secretly hoping that Mawile is Sun-exclusive so that I have a valid excuse to pick Sun.

I voted Moon because I like the look of the Moon legendary, but I'm tempted to get Sun because PRAISE THE SUN! (I don't wanna be a heretic)

I'm kind of torn, I'll probably wait and see on the exclusives.

"Distortion Episode" after the end of the main story?

A la Delta Episode? I buy it.

I really wish they could bring back the HGSS-exclusive feature of having a Pokemon follow you around while you walk. I understand that it would be a lot of work given the newer games use 3D models rather than sprites, but... I want it, damn it, I want it.

As for which version I want, right now I want Moon, but my brother wants Moon too, so to me that's a problem. So now I'm secretly hoping that Mawile is Sun-exclusive so that I have a valid excuse to pick Sun.

Double Moon is double good! Also, here hoping Lunatone's and Solrock's family increases through either pre and evolutions or Mega or both.

Yeah, Platinum had the better story, engine, and Pokedex. It wasn't as sluggish as DP and has more Pokemon in its regional dex. It fixed the Fire type issue. Though I would've preferred that Sinnoh introduce more new Fire types than it did. I mean, only the Chimchar line, Magmortar, and Heatran? SERIOUSLY? :( It's a good thing Chimchar is my favorite starter and Infernape is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Like what exactly? I really hope you don't mean stuff like Vanilluxe/Klinklang/Garbodor because that stance is hilariously overdone.

as for the old pokemon, please take them far away. especially the kanto ones. If I never see the original 151 again it'll be too soon. I'd say that X/Y were hurt by having such a large Pokedex. There is no reason for Noibat to come as late as it does, and I know there are some other Pokemon like Swirlix and Espurr that fade into the background on their own routes due to the old Pokemon.

The only stance that's hilariously overdone is whiners who constantly complain about the original 151 Pokemon and the people who like those 151.

*Ahem*

Vanilluxe/Klinklang/Garbodor aren't early game Pokemon in Black/White, I was referring to Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pansage, etc (and no, I'm not saying Patrat/Lillipup/Purrloin/Pansage have terrible designs). I prefer most of the other early game Pokemon over the Unova ones, like Rattata, Poochyena, and Fletchling. That's just me, though. And there are lots of Unova Pokemon I really like! It does have most of my least favorite Pokemon and there are some I think are some of the worst designs in the series, but I still really like it. Krookodile and Beartic, for example, are really awesome! I like Sawsbuck, Haxorus, and Zebstrika, too. And Oshawott is a very underrated starter, and its later forms are great! And let's not forget Zoroark. I like Unova and most of it's Pokemon, I just don't like it as much as the other regions.

I kinda feel like saying "If I never see the original 151 again it'll be too soon" is kind of an extreme overreaction. I do agree that the older Pokemon should not overshadow the new ones in the games the new ones are introduced in (so Kanto shouldn't overshadow Kalos, etc.), but I do still think there should be older Pokemon included. They should just be rarer, you wouldn't encounter them nearly as much as the new Pokemon. Like...you'll encounter the new early game Pokemon in Sun/Moon 80%-85% of the time, but then there's that rare 15%-20% where you might encounter a Psyduck or Pidgey, just so some people can grab an old favorite if they so desire.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

The only stance that's hilariously overdone is whiners who constantly complain about the original 151 Pokemon and the people who like those 151.

*Ahem*

Vanilluxe/Klinklang/Garbodor aren't early game Pokemon in Black/White, I was referring to Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pansage, etc (and no, I'm not saying Patrat/Lillipup/Purrloin/Pansage have terrible designs). I prefer most of the other early game Pokemon over the Unova ones, like Rattata, Poochyena, and Fletchling. That's just me, though. And there are lots of Unova Pokemon I really like! It does have most of my least favorite Pokemon and there are some I think are some of the worst designs in the series, but I still really like it. Krookodile and Beartic, for example, are really awesome! I like Sawsbuck, Haxorus, and Zebstrika, too. And Oshawott is a very underrated starter, and its later forms are great! And let's not forget Zoroark. I like Unova and most of it's Pokemon, I just don't like it as much as the other regions.

I kinda feel like saying "If I never see the original 151 again it'll be too soon" is kind of an extreme overreaction. I do agree that the older Pokemon should not overshadow the new ones in the games the new ones are introduced in (so Kanto shouldn't overshadow Kalos, etc.), but I do still think there should be older Pokemon included. They should just be rarer, you wouldn't encounter them nearly as much as the new Pokemon. Like...you'll encounter the new early game Pokemon in Sun/Moon 80%-85% of the time, but then there's that rare 15%-20% where you might encounter a Psyduck or Pidgey, just so some people can grab an old favorite if they so desire.

It may seem like an overreaction, but do remember that everyone who ever plays XY will always encounter the same Pidgey, get the same starters, the same Lapras, etc. It is a bit much, but what I'm saying also kinda applies to Gardevoir and Lucario. I'd really just enjoy if they got out of my face all the time. Giving Diantha a Gardevoir when Wally already had one in Gen VI when something like Mawile would have been really cool was kind of unnecessary. Same with the major focus on Lucario.

I was actually really happy BW2 had Growlithe and Magnemite as early game Pokemon. Normally they aren't available until mid/late game. Also early game Riolu was cool too. I felt BW2 had really good variety while keeping some of the more unique and good BW areas the same as they were (like the construction zone desert).

Well, yeah, the fighting is supposed to be silly. Look at the argument Water Mage and I had about starters. Do you think that was serious?

We know all that already, arguing over which version is best is purely for entertainment's sake. Relax, we're odd, not insane.

HA! You are the fool, for only a fool could tell such splendid jokes! Sun's legendary doesn't need some gaudy trinkets to be so grossly incandescent!

Besides The Grand Lion can walk on the ground it shines on, can your Kleptomaniac Bat do the same?

Why walk on the ground when I can soar the skies?!

The Sun legendary is forever doomed to wander the Earth, never able to reach the Sun, while the Moon legendary can reach it's deity whenever it wants to. The Moon will always be within reach!

Joking aside, personally, I prefer a balance between old and new Pokemon during early game.

Though I wouldn't mind giving us more options in early game.

Why are Ice types usually only available by the 7th Gym?

Even other late game types, such Ghost, Dragon and Steel have been available in early game.

Edited by Water Mage

Why are Ice types usually only available by the 7th Gym?

Even other late game types, such Ghost, Dragon and Steel have been available in early game.

I imagine that Ice types are usually not available until later because they're typically found in tricky-to-navigate icy caves and areas. It wouldn't make sense to see these in the early game. :P

When was a Dragon type ever available in the early game? If you're talking about Gible in Wayward Cave in Platinum, that's not THAT early. You still have to get two badges before you get there... I consider early game to be 0-1 badge.

Edited by Anacybele