Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Well, if E3 dies, what will we have for a big internationally streamed gaming event that reveals new games and info? I don't know of any other event that does this, but if there is one, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

And that's a pretty neat concept. But how can it be Grass/Ground when it's already Grass/Flying? Starters have never changed any of their types, even secondary ones. And going from Grass/Flying to Grass/Ground would just be weird. Plus, is there really a such thing as a burrowing owl?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrowing_owl yes burrowing owl exist.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's a pretty neat concept. But how can it be Grass/Ground when it's already Grass/Flying? Starters have never changed any of their types, even secondary ones. And going from Grass/Flying to Grass/Ground would just be weird. Plus, is there really a such thing as a burrowing owl?

Part of the reason no starters have changed types is because Rowlet and Bulbasaur are the only starters with secondary types in their first stage, and they wouldn't replace the main Grass/Fire/Water type. Though do you count Mega Charizard X of a starter changing types, as it replaced Flying with Dragon? And as for burrowing owls, they do in fact exist.

Oh, okay then. I've just never heard of burrowing owls before until now...

And no, I don't count Mega Charizard X because Mega evolution is temporary and not permanent. I meant permanent change.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not expecting you to know me well; the example I gave was simply about what I've done as the OP of this thread, within this thread.

And Nintendo works in mysterious ways. They probably have an NX event planned slightly later in the year for whatever reason; they decided that E3 should focus on the Wii U version of Zelda, and that's what they're doing. They could've included the Smash Bros. stuff within their presentation last year, but they didn't. E3 itself is dying down a bit, as well; you have things like Gamescom and Pax drawing away a lot of content from it in recent years. I seriously do wonder if E3 will last another decade.

Also, I wasn't bashing you; I was simply pointing out the flaws in your statements and demonstrate how unlikely they are.

Anyways, let me share this concept for Rowlet's final evolution that I just found:

9EftbEY.jpg

This is clearly before the JP site discoveries pegged it as Grass/Ground. Here's to hoping we see some dapper badass burrowing owls here soon!

Out of curiosity are there any news on this discovery?

From what I know, neither Nintendo or Game Freak tried to block the guy's video about the leak, which makes me think it might not be true and that those type icons might mean something else.

There's also a dude on IG that draws some good concepts and has middle and final evolutions of the starters.

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/rjamez.the.v/

I actually thought that Mega Staraptor was a three-legged crow, which would make more sense on a Mega Honchkrow... Then I noticed the description said gryphon.

Now I want three-legged Mega Honchkrow... Make it happen Gamefreak please.

From what I know, neither Nintendo or Game Freak tried to block the guy's video about the leak, which makes me think it might not be true and that those type icons might mean something else.

Not like it would do much. Info's out, And I'm pretty sure there's no breach of copyright laws unless there's another way to block another's video...

Nintendo could also be showing off the NX at E3, just like you mentioned. Why aren't they doing this? Why can't they show off a few launch titles?

Because Kimishima himself stated that the NX and its launch titles are not yet ready to be shown.

Because Kimishima himself stated that the NX and its launch titles are not yet ready to be shown.

Yet they want to release them in March of next year? I'd have thought they'd be ready around this point. But oh well.

Water/Psychic would make enough sense for Popplio, I guess. But I still hope that one of these starters becomes Fairy type. I want a Fairy starter. And a Pokemon that's Fire/Fairy (preferably Mega Rapidash). Those are my two favorite types and they have yet to be combined.

It's highly possible Nintendo/Game Freak just doesn't care about it, or that they don't even know of it.

Since the beginning, i'm Under teh impression the change this gen won't be as big as X Y (it's quite hard to beat a whole new type after all.)

Still the setting alone is a true call to adventure for me. I'm really excited to start exploring it.

Unless they break their "pattern", this should be a gen with many new mons. At least I hope so.

So... I guess I'm hyped about being hyped...

I suppose that's what being a fan is all about.

The dude that I linked says popplio might end up Water Psychic, which would be cool And might make me choose popplio over rowlet because psychic all the way

I'm now imagining it as a juggler with balls levitating around him.

That would be absolutely amazing.

Yet they want to release them in March of next year? I'd have thought they'd be ready around this point. But oh well.

Water/Psychic would make enough sense for Popplio, I guess. But I still hope that one of these starters becomes Fairy type. I want a Fairy starter. And a Pokemon that's Fire/Fairy (preferably Mega Rapidash). Those are my two favorite types and they have yet to be combined.

There's no real "border" for ready, or a specific time before launch when something will be ready, but there's also the fact they might not want Sony spotlight stealing with PS4 Neo.

And sometimes it's fun to hold a secret a bit, makes the wait a bit more interesting with all the rampent speculation and stuff. I mean, right now we only know of one, maaaaaaaaaaaybe two depending on what happens with Dragon Quest XI, launch titles of the NX. Gives fans more time for their imaginations to go crazy, though I dunno how much Nintendo actually cares about that.

Yeah, I can definitely see those fan Popplio evos being Water/Fairy.

The Rowlet final form there doesn't really look like a final form to me though.

It's highly possible Nintendo/Game Freak just doesn't care about it, or that they don't even know of it.

But would taking down the leak pretty much confirm that its true like what happened with smash bros? (Of course, I am probally drop dead wrong, but I am just putting in my few cents).

How is it that it's been confirmed Rowlet is Grass/Ground? I'm not doubting anyone, I just feel like I'm missing something.

Not confirmed, some guy on Youtube used the Inspect Element feature on Google Chrome to investigate the type icons on the Japanese site regarding the starters. A "Ground" icon was found between Flying and Fire numbering wise, while a "Fighting" icon was after Water.

Didn't that happen to the dude that leaked Bowser Jr., Shulk and Lucina?

I think Lucina was already revealed at that time, but that was what i was referring to.

Edit: oh wait, i think she was leaked.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Well idk exactly. I just recall that blurry video with some footage of them.

Amyways, I don't pay much attention to these leaks, since this is already a time of high speculation and people may tend to confuse the public and generate expectation. It is fun, though. But seeing the official info is glorious!

Edited by Quintessence

Not confirmed, some guy on Youtube used the Inspect Element feature on Google Chrome to investigate the type icons on the Japanese site regarding the starters. A "Ground" icon was found between Flying and Fire numbering wise, while a "Fighting" icon was after Water.

It could've potentially just have been a formatting error on the site though. Somebody could've mislabeled the icons and Fire/Ground ended up being Ground/Fire. Since it's not confirmed I'm now skeptical of Rowlet ending up Grass/Ground.

At first, I was kinda mad about Rowlet possibly ending up as Grass/Ground, but then a bit of research showed that the owl endemic to Hawaii nests on the ground, so I feel better about it.

I'm not buying the idea that Rowlet will end up ground/grass

Honestly not hyped at all for these games, but that's because there's barely any information out about them.

Honestly I feel quite the opposite . I don't want them to drop too much information like they did for X & Y. I didn't like how almost the entire pokedex for that game was revealed before it came out Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I'm not buying the idea that Rowlet will end up ground/grass

Honestly I feel quite the opposite . I don't want them to drop too much information like they did for X & Y. I didn't like how almost the entire pokedex for that game was revealed before it came out

To be fair, it was more because of the pokedex's size.

​I hope we'll have more new Pokémon this time.

Here something interesting I've heard,

Some are saying that the Pokemon artwork was not made by Sugimori this time.

Apparently the official starter artworks were done by Megumi Mizutani, who also did the ORAS Gym Leader artworks, and Yusuke Ohmura did the Sun and Moon legendary art and he also did the Gym Leader artworks for BW/B2W2.

However there is no confirmation yet. Some fans are guessing because of the style the Pokemon were drawn.