Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Would that make Grass/Ground the new Fire/Fighting

Since Torterra was a thing

Okay bad joke back to the corner.

Either way, it would still have x4 against Ice. Which... sucks to be it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Popplio could be Water/Fairy if it keeps the clown/performance thing since Mr. Mime was given the Fairy type (and he's clown-like). And we don't have a Fairy type starter yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Would that make Grass/Ground the new Fire/Fighting

Since Torterra was a thing

Okay bad joke back to the corner.

Either way, it would still have x4 against Ice. Which... sucks to be it.

Effective against: Water, Ground, Rock (both ways), Poison, Electric, Steel

Weak to: Ice (x4), Flying, Bug, Fire

Resists: Rock, Electric (immune), ground

Honestly, the ice weakness wouldn't be much of an issue if every goddamn water type couldn't learn icebeam.

Overall, it's slightly better; it traded a rock weakness for bug, and poison is no longer effective against it.

Allow me to change the subject for a bit,

After hearing from eclipse that Hawaii has snowy mountains, I decided to do a little bit of research, and I was very suprised at the diverse environment that Hawaii has.

It has of course volcanos, bit it also has rainforests, snowy mountains, one of the islands has a desert, and so on. I'm a bit ashamed of myself for thinking that Hawaii were just a bunch of tropical islands.

And there are so many things in Hawaii that would make interesting places in Sun and Moon.

Things that called my attention:

There are eight main islands in Hawaii, perhaps there will be a gym in each island?

That being said, one of the islands, Ni'ihau, is actually a forbidden island, which very few people live and very few people are allowed to visit.

Maybe it could be a post-game location? It could be a place that only the strongest trainers are allowed to visit, or something similar.

Also, do you think that one of the volcanos will house a legendary Pokemon?

Maybe there will be a Volcano Trio similar to Sinnoh's Lake Trio?

Other interesting places are The Big Crack, Iao Valley, Fern Grotto and many other places that would take a long time to write.

Honestly, this is making excited for what Game Freak will put on the Alola region.

What do you guys think?

I highly doubt the Ground and Fighting types were for the starters. I'd much sooner expect early game Pokemon soon to be revealed with those types.

There's some inconsistancy with Litten's type here, but Popplio becoming Fighting would make no sense.

One of the iconic animals of Hawaii is the monk seal. Popplio is currently a sea lion but that never stopped Gamefreak from totally changing a Pokemon's real life species over an evolution before. Water/fighting monk makes a ton of sense, we just don't know what will happen with the clown motif.

Meanwhile there is a lot of speculation that Rowlet will end up like a stilt owl or one of the flightless parrots that inhabit Hawaii.

There actually hasn't been a whole lot of pure fire types added lately so I don't mind that Litten will be a pure fire. Honestly I feel the repeat of fire/fighting for Torchic and Chimchar was to give them a type advantage over the first rock gym but then they just went too far with gen 5 where there was no longer an early rock gym.

Whenever someone questions the likelyhood of an evolutionI remind myself that Ramoraid evolves into Octillery. Somehow.

Actually, the evolution is supposed to be a revolver(Remoraid) evolving into a cannon(Octillery).

Allow me to change the subject for a bit,

After hearing from eclipse that Hawaii has snowy mountains, I decided to do a little bit of research, and I was very suprised at the diverse environment that Hawaii has.

It has of course volcanos, bit it also has rainforests, snowy mountains, one of the islands has a desert, and so on. I'm a bit ashamed of myself for thinking that Hawaii were just a bunch of tropical islands.

And there are so many things in Hawaii that would make interesting places in Sun and Moon.

Things that called my attention:

There are eight main islands in Hawaii, perhaps there will be a gym in each island?

That being said, one of the islands, Ni'ihau, is actually a forbidden island, which very few people live and very few people are allowed to visit.

Maybe it could be a post-game location? It could be a place that only the strongest trainers are allowed to visit, or something similar.

Also, do you think that one of the volcanos will house a legendary Pokemon?

Maybe there will be a Volcano Trio similar to Sinnoh's Lake Trio?

Other interesting places are The Big Crack, Iao Valley, Fern Grotto and many other places that would take a long time to write.

Honestly, this is making excited for what Game Freak will put on the Alola region.

What do you guys think?

Ooh, these are all good speculations!

One speculation I also have is whether or not Sun and Moon are going to do something with the newest Hawaiian Island, the one that was fairly recently given a name. See, a new island always forms after some time has passed because Hawaii sits over a hot spot. Gradually, because of plate tectonics, the islands move over and away from the hot spot and become dead volcanoes while new land rises over the hotspot to become the new active volcano.

It'd be interesting to see a (sort of) underwater volcano scenario here, maybe in connection to Volcanion or another volcano-related Pokemon.

EDIT: After Googling, the new island/volcano is called Loihi.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I like the border on that image too. Or is that not actually part of the game?

Also, why did the Japanese trailer show more than the English one did even though the games are coming out in Japan and NA at the same time? That's stupid to me.

Edited by Anacybele

pokemonsunmoonbystandershpbar656x370.jpg

Bystanders during battles confirmed!

Seems like "Hoku" is a rival, as expected. Assuming his name is indeed Hoku.

But man I am loving that health bar.

Edit: On an unrelated note, anyone else worried about what another arc might wind up doing to the writer and artist of Special/Adventures? There's already three ongoing (B2W2, XY, and ORAS) and they're having trouble keeping up. I'm worried about it quite honestly.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Yeah, I like the border on that image too. Or is that not actually part of the game?

Also, why did the Japanese trailer show more than the English one did even though the games are coming out in Japan and NA at the same time? That's stupid to me.

Meanwhile in EU......

But man I am loving that health bar.

Edit: On an unrelated note, anyone else worried about what another arc might wind up doing to the writer and artist of Special/Adventures? There's already three ongoing (B2W2, XY, and ORAS) and they're having trouble keeping up. I'm worried about it quite honestly.

I haven't been following XY or ORAS because I want to read them in order, but I think the last update for B2W2 was in December, so..... Yeah, I'm worried about the writers.

I love Adventures so I want to see more, but they haven't been keeping up ;~;

Considering the games are still in development, it's probably safe to say there's more footage in Japanese than in English (or any other language, for that matter).

Meanwhile in EU......

I haven't been following XY or ORAS because I want to read them in order, but I think the last update for B2W2 was in December, so..... Yeah, I'm worried about the writers.

I love Adventures so I want to see more, but they haven't been keeping up ;~;

B2W2 was last updated with the release of Volume 52 back in December of 2014, yeah. Tbh, they really need more writers and artists, since doing three soon to be four plot arcs at once is stressful for just two people. I definitely don't want the series to be cancelled or either Kusaka or Yamamoto dying from overwork or something, reading it got me into Pokémon in the first place, so yeah...

Some people, after seeing this screen, are saying that Sun and Moon will run badly on the regular 3DS.

What do you guys think?

I call BS. Simply look at the difference between Gen IV and Gen V; unless they overdo crazy lighting effects, I see the game running just fine regardless of the system you have. Gamefreak always goes for the lowest common denominator; we got Black and White 2 on the DS a year and a half into the 3DS lifecycle, didn't we?

Considering the games are still in development, it's probably safe to say there's more footage in Japanese than in English (or any other language, for that matter).

Yeah, that does make sense, actually.

Some people, after seeing this screen, are saying that Sun and Moon will run badly on the regular 3DS.

What do you guys think?

I doubt it, because as said above, compare gen 5 to gen 4. And I don't think GameFreak would be so dumb as to only have the New 3DS in mind.

I can get behind that as a rival name. It's quite appropriate, because in a game with the subtitles Sun and Moon, the rival's name means "star".

pokemonsunmoonbystandershpbar656x370.jpg

Bystanders during battles confirmed!

Look at his poofy shorts! :D

Anyone else interested in the fashion of this game? I'm excited for avatar customization to return! I really enjoyed the European looks in XY. I'm much less familiar with Hawaiian fashion, but it looks like lots of loose, airy clothing. Cuuute!

I really hope there are even more clothing and hair options in this game.

Also, I dunno if this was already addressed, but since "Hoku" uses the starter weak to yours there's probably another rival. I hope this one's more like Blue and Silver.