Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Look at his poofy shorts! :D

Anyone else interested in the fashion of this game? I'm excited for avatar customization to return! I really enjoyed the European looks in XY. I'm much less familiar with Hawaiian fashion, but it looks like lots of loose, airy clothing. Cuuute!

Looks like typical beach clothing to me (like, swim trunks). Can't tell what's on his feet, but I'm secretly hoping for slippers!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like typical beach clothing to me (like, swim trunks). Can't tell what's on his feet, but I'm secretly hoping for slippers!

If you ask me, they kinda look like orange crocs.

Anyways, we'll be getting another batch of information concerning the games on June 2nd: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/18/pokmon-company-announce-new-information-sun-moon-june-2-2016/

Huh, I didn't expect anything more until E3, but this is nice too. ^^

Considering there will be no E3 presentation and it's just going to be a 12-hour long Zelda stream, this pretty much is Pokemon at E3.

Look at his poofy shorts! :D

Anyone else interested in the fashion of this game? I'm excited for avatar customization to return! I really enjoyed the European looks in XY. I'm much less familiar with Hawaiian fashion, but it looks like lots of loose, airy clothing. Cuuute!

I just hope there's more gender equality regarding it this time.

Seriously, the girls got twice as much as the boys, it annoyed me since I chose Calem.

Yeah that's pretty disapppinting to me, only Zelda Treehouse. I want a new FE on development :(:

Anyways, I expect two new eeveelutions, one with Sun Stone and one with Moon Stone. I wonder what type will they be: Bug, Flying, Rock or Ground for Sun, and Steel or Ghost for Moon?

Eevee always uses a new evolution method when new evolutions are introduced. Espeon/Umbreon used friendship, which was introduced in Gen II, Glaceon/Leafeon used location based evolution from Gen IV, Sylveon used Amie (and unlike the other 4, is the only Pokémon to do so).

So if we do get a new evolution or two, it won't be Sun and Moon Stones.

Makes sense now that you put it into that perspective. But what new game mechanic or method will they introduce this time? I thought these stones would fit the game's theme. Maybe some sort of ritual? Idk

Edited by Quintessence

Makes sense now that you put it into that perspective. But what new game mechanic or method will they introduce this time? I thought these stones would fit the game's theme. Maybe some sort of ritual? Idk

It's obviously going to be "Run in circles while battling, then do a backflip"

Considering there will be no E3 presentation and it's just going to be a 12-hour long Zelda stream, this pretty much is Pokemon at E3.

Wtf are you talking about, Nintendo always has an E3 presentaion. They only said Zelda Wii U would be the main focus, not that there would be no presentation. And no one has time to watch a 12 hour stream. Try coming up with a better guess.

Wtf are you talking about, Nintendo always has an E3 presentaion. They only said Zelda Wii U would be the main focus, not that there would be no presentation. And no one has time to watch a 12 hour stream. Try coming up with a better guess.

First of all, could you be a tad less rude?

Secondly:

E3_Zelda.jpg

That's all we have announced. I'll admit the "12 hours" part was a guess (thinking that they might do an all-day thing, with the majority just re-capping information), but you really should do research before replying like that.

I'd prefer to stop this now before things get too off-topic.

No that's literally what they're doing there is no direct, Nintendo has stated that.

Proof

It is interesting, and I want to see how accurate they make things. Like, they somehow got Diamond Head right (even if that crater is brown for most of the year).

I too would like to see how accurate they can create the Pokémon version of Hawaii. It would be a great joy for me if they could make another accurate recreation/adaptation like they did for Johto, Kalos (and to some extent, Kanto). I swear, I'll have to rely on your extensive knowledge of your home region for my decision to buy.

Cool off Ana.

I read it on an article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sounds-like-no-nintendo-direct-e3-briefing-this-ye/1100-6439519/

At best, I expect a Pokemon Direct by June or so ~

First of all, could you be a tad less rude?

Where was my post rude at all? I thought he was trying to spread false information, which would make a LOT of people upset.

But looks like it's true, and this makes zero sense unless Nintendo is secretly dying or just gradually leaving the (traditional) video game business. If they have no E3, which they don't, they have nothing to show us (besides Zelda Wii U obviously), which means nothing noteworthy is in development. Zelda Wii U looks to be their last traditional game then. Sun and Moon are probably the last traditional Pokemon games. And so on. The NX will be something entirely different. Their franchises will change drastically or maybe even end.

This really pisses me off, I don't want Nintendo to drop off. I've loved and followed them for years, ever since I was a little kid. But if this is what's happening, I'll have to find some way to move on. After all, nothing lasts forever. But I bet you Iwata wouldn't have chosen to do things this way. Kimishima is a shitty president.

Still, I'm not watching the Treehouse stream. Why bother when I could brace myself for the future instead? Besides, it'll probably be too long and I'll most likely have to work during it.

Edited by Anacybele

Where was my post rude at all? I thought he was trying to spread false information, which would make a LOT of people upset.

But looks like it's true, and this makes zero sense unless Nintendo is secretly dying or just gradually leaving the (traditional) video game business. If they have no E3, which they don't, they have nothing to show us (besides Zelda Wii U obviously), which means nothing noteworthy is in development. Zelda Wii U looks to be their last traditional game then. Sun and Moon are probably the last traditional Pokemon games. And so on. The NX will be something entirely different. Their franchises will change drastically or maybe even end.

This really pisses me off, I don't want Nintendo to drop off. I've loved and followed them for years, ever since I was a little kid. But if this is what's happening, I'll have to find some way to move on. After all, nothing lasts forever. But I bet you Iwata wouldn't have chosen to do things this way. Kimishima is a shitty president.

Still, I'm not watching the Treehouse stream. Why bother when I could brace myself for the future instead? Besides, it'll probably be too long and I'll most likely have to work during it.

You could've spent 30 seconds googling things before responding. And also worked off of a precedence; for instance, have I ever tried to spread any form of misinformation in this thread?

Anyways, you're being extremely knee-jerk and pessimistic. They have a "Technical Fellow" position alongside their creative fellow, and not even 24 hours ago there was a report concerning the specs of a new handheld system. "NX" is most likely a unified approach that both consoles and handhelds will fall under.

Also, you seriously think that Kimishima put all of this in motion? The plans for a new system oftentimes start almost as soon as the current one is out the gate. And Iwata himself is the one who announced both mobile games and the NX; the latter of which was explicitly mentioned to be a "gaming device".

Honestly, if you want to be all doom-and-gloom about things, be my guest. But somewhere else, please; this is a discussion thread about the 7th generation of Pokemon, not for "Nintendoomed"-style freakouts (with quite frankly virtually no evidence backing them).

EDIT: The reason why Nintendo isn't doing a full E3 presentation is fairly obvious: they don't have much in the way of 1st party offerings outside of Zelda. For whatever reason, they aren't showing off the NX there; that will most likely happen during a stream or event of some sort later this year.

Edited by The DanMan

You could've spent 30 seconds googling things before responding. And also worked off of a precedence; for instance, have I ever tried to spread any form of misinformation in this thread?

Except I was leaving work at the time and needed to head out. I didn't fucking have time, okay? As for your "precedence" you're assuming that I know you well, which I don't.

Nintendo could also be showing off the NX at E3, just like you mentioned. Why aren't they doing this? Why can't they show off a few launch titles? Don't they have anything more for the 3DS? If they feel that even these aren't worth showing, what confidence should I have in them? I have every right to be upset and pessimistic right now, so I'd like you to kindly stop bashing me. I made a mistake earlier and I was upset at that time too, so I'm sorry about that. But that doesn't give you the right to be rude yourself.

That being said, we do need to start talking about Sun and Moon again. Especially before this gets too out of hand.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly not hyped at all for these games, but that's because there's barely any information out about them. I'll probably end up getting them anyways just for the event Pokemon, if nothing else.

I don't know about you, but I'd get offended if someone assumed that I was acting in bad faith without knowing me.

Edited by Refa

I don't know about you, but I'd get offended if someone assumed that I was acting in bad faith without knowing me.

Why? It's just a simple mistake, and I apologized.

Honestly not hyped at all for these games, but that's because there's barely any information out about them. I'll probably end up getting them anyways just for the event Pokemon, if nothing else.

Be patient Refa, they might hype people by June. I have my eyes on this game.

Why? It's just a simple mistake, and I apologized.

The worst part of your reply was your explosive reaction and misjudgements that come up. It's ok whether you knew it or not because not everyone has time to dig into research and see daily news of nintendo and related stuff, but your reaction was sort of insulting (I got mad about it and it wasn't even directed to me).

Also, regarding Nintendo and E3, imo you're overreacting. Iirc last year was the same thing and they came up with Nintendo's Digital Event and the shitton of silly treehouses. So I wouldn't be worried because Directs are still a thing.

Also, regarding Nintendo and E3, imo you're overreacting. Iirc last year was the same thing and they came up with Nintendo's Digital Event and the shitton of silly treehouses. So I wouldn't be worried because Directs are still a thing.

Except last year wasn't the same, because we actually had a digital event. I don't know what you're trying to say here. I probably was overreacting a bit, but I still think I have reason to be a little worried.

Anyway, yeah, we'll get more info soon enough, Refa. I do admit that it's going a lot slower than usual, especially compared to XY's info rate, but even so.

Edited by Anacybele

Iirc it was when Nintendo announced they weren't going to be at E3, and days later they said the Digital Event was coming. I think they'll do the same this year, OR just pass by and emit a different direct.

I thought that happened like three years ago... But I see what you mean. Still, I just feel like that with them not doing live presentations anymore, and now not even doing digital events anymore, they're gradually going farther and farther away from the traditional gaming industry. Maybe away from the gaming industry period given that they're interested in making movies now.

Basically, I feel like they soon won't be the Nintendo we loved growing up anymore. Nothing lasts forever, like I said, I just hoped they wouldn't stop this soon...

Except I was leaving work at the time and needed to head out. I didn't fucking have time, okay? As for your "precedence" you're assuming that I know you well, which I don't.

Nintendo could also be showing off the NX at E3, just like you mentioned. Why aren't they doing this? Why can't they show off a few launch titles? Don't they have anything more for the 3DS? If they feel that even these aren't worth showing, what confidence should I have in them? I have every right to be upset and pessimistic right now, so I'd like you to kindly stop bashing me. I made a mistake earlier and I was upset at that time too, so I'm sorry about that. But that doesn't give you the right to be rude yourself.

That being said, we do need to start talking about Sun and Moon again. Especially before this gets too out of hand.

I'm not expecting you to know me well; the example I gave was simply about what I've done as the OP of this thread, within this thread.

And Nintendo works in mysterious ways. They probably have an NX event planned slightly later in the year for whatever reason; they decided that E3 should focus on the Wii U version of Zelda, and that's what they're doing. They could've included the Smash Bros. stuff within their presentation last year, but they didn't. E3 itself is dying down a bit, as well; you have things like Gamescom and Pax drawing away a lot of content from it in recent years. I seriously do wonder if E3 will last another decade.

Also, I wasn't bashing you; I was simply pointing out the flaws in your statements and demonstrate how unlikely they are.

Anyways, let me share this concept for Rowlet's final evolution that I just found:

9EftbEY.jpg

This is clearly before the JP site discoveries pegged it as Grass/Ground. Here's to hoping we see some dapper badass burrowing owls here soon!

Well, if E3 dies, what will we have for a big internationally streamed gaming event that reveals new games and info? I don't know of any other event that does this, but if there is one, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

And that's a pretty neat concept. But how can it be Grass/Ground when it's already Grass/Flying? Starters have never changed any of their types, even secondary ones. And going from Grass/Flying to Grass/Ground would just be weird. Plus, is there really a such thing as a burrowing owl?

Edited by Anacybele