Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Man these reveals are really cool. So far I'm fucking loving Drampa!! Also, Bruxish is a must! Dem lips gonna make you have nightmares. Also Tapu Koko has a nice design.

The Bug/Electric type is nice since Bug resists Earthquake and Electric resists Flying. Drampa's typing is kind of awkward, Ice/Dragon/Fairy AND Fighting weakness is an issue with how common these type of moves are, although Shadow immunity might be welcome for some switches during battle. Now I can see a Lunala and Drampa team, I'm starting to build my team!

Elec/Steel is kinda problematic with Ground and Fire Moves, gonna get rekt but it's always nice to see new pokemon and typing as well. So far, seeing new electrics is good.

Edit: someone please translate abilities and moves!

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man these reveals are really cool. So far I'm fucking loving Drampa!! Also, Bruxish is a must! Dem lips gonna make you have nightmares. Also Tapu Koko has a nice design.

The Bug/Electric type is nice since Bug resists Earthquake and Electric resists Flying. Drampa's typing is kind of awkward, Ice/Dragon/Fairy AND Fighting weakness is an issue with how common these type of moves are, although Shadow immunity might be welcome for some switches during battle. Now I can see a Lunala and Drampa team, I'm starting to build my team!

Elec/Steel is kinda problematic with Ground and Fire Moves, gonna get rekt but it's always nice to see new pokemon and typing as well. So far, seeing new electrics is good.

Edit: someone please translate abilities and moves!

Serebii have you covered.

Drampa kinda reminds me of those fake Mega Dunsparce and Dunsparce evolutions.

My guess is Tapu Koko is part of a Trio, and the other have Auto-Grass Terrain (and I'd guess Grass/Fairy) and Auto-Misty Terrain (Pure Fairy?).

Whoa if Drampa has Frenzy then they've made my day! Sp.Attck all the way whoo!!

Also, you have a good point Tamanoir. It also had a special cutscene from what I viewed in the trailer, so it might be a non-legendary trio.

Edit: or probably a pokemon for some ritual.

Edited by Quintessence

At first, I though Togedemaru looked like Swirlix.

And am I the only one to think Charjabug kinda looks like a truck, bus, or car ?

Whoa if Drampa has Frenzy then they've made my day! Sp.Attck all the way whoo!!

Also, you have a good point Tamanoir. It also had a special cutscene from what I viewed in the trailer, so it might be a non-legendary trio.

Edit: or probably a pokemon for some ritual.

Well, in the E3 gameplay, the fight between you and your rival was part of a ritual in the honor of Tapu Koko or something (he's the island guardian I think).

I wouldn't be surprised if he had Base 580 Stats.

Also, what are the birds surrounding them ? I can't see them clearly...

I'm loving Drampa and Vikavolt here, Cutiefly is also a cutie and Tapu Koko's design is cool.

Not sure what to think of Togedemaru though. On one hand I always wanted a Steel-type hedgehog, but on the other its face reminds me of a cheap Mickey Mouse knock-off

The theory that Tapu Koko's part of a trio sounds likely to me.

Overall the only one of these I don't like is Bruxish. Just... those lips. And those teeth. It's freaky and unsettling and I DON'T LIKE IT.

My thoughts exactly. I hope something better looking will have its ability though

At first I though they were strange, but they are growing on me!

Overall the only one of these I don't like is Bruxish. Just... those lips. And those teeth. It's freaky and unsettling and I DON'T LIKE IT.

What's really unsettling is it's ability.

It may destroy many top tier Pokemon in the current metagame.

At first I though they were strange, but they are growing on me!

What's really unsettling is it's ability.

It may destroy many top tier Pokemon in the current metagame.

Yeah, if it has speed to back it up, the ability to make all priority attacks fail is very, very powerful.

I hope something more pleasing on the eyes gets it, at least as a hidden ability.

The Electric/Fairy pokemon can Thunder Punch me in the face. I love it and I'm getting one.

I also really like the dragon? I mean yes, it looks kind of goofy when its idle but did you see its attack animation? And the way it moves? It's dangerous and weirdly graceful I'm

also getting it.

The fish I think I can pull a bit of SCIENCE and explain for you guys, however, this is off the topic of my head and from what I can recall from Animal Crossing because while you're nice people I'm not going to go google fish for you. Listen I have a pathological fear of fish okay....

ANYWAY. I thin the fish is based off the real life Napoleonfish, a primarily blue fish known for its large, misshapen head and unusual features. It's also a fish that lives in warm, tropical waters, such as Hawaii, so I'm not too surprised to see they designed something based off this fish. I mean, yeah it's kind of ugly but... look at a picture of the real thing... trust me, you'll appreciate the Pokemon version much more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphead_wrasse

This?

Ngl... I think I prefer the real one.

I looked up its appearance in Animal Crossing and I've come to the conclusion that all of them scare me and the only benefit is that I can sell the Animal Crossing one for Bells.

God why.

... Hopefully the Pokemon one doesn't get a creepy Pokedex entry like "It uses its strong aw and serrated to latch into its prey. Once it has its prey, it will never release it until it's consumed."

Drampa looks funny and weird.

Why is there another bug/electric? Does something happened in Hawai that inspired this (eclipse, unlight me)

Tapu Koko (I'll guarantee that they will change it name later) look awesome and have an awesome ability.

Thought the fish was water/fairy, nvm

Cutiefly is ... cute (but it look like more a tiny bird if you ask me).

Hey look, the Pikachu clone is here! Electric/Steel, not bad I guess.

Edited by Nym

At first, I though Togedemaru looked like Swirlix.

And am I the only one to think Charjabug kinda looks like a truck, bus, or car ?

Well, in the E3 gameplay, the fight between you and your rival was part of a ritual in the honor of Tapu Koko or something (he's the island guardian I think).

I wouldn't be surprised if he had Base 580 Stats.

Also, what are the birds surrounding them ? I can't see them clearly...

They are lolSpearrows.

Also, goofy dragon gets a LIKE

Edit: also truck bug looks like a compressed Caterpie. Will it evolve to Vika at lv 29?

Edited by Quintessence

Except Bruxish is Water/Psychic.

Remind me to never try again to guess a type of a new pokémon when I just wake up...

Drampa looks funny and weird.

Why is there another bug/electric? Does something happened in Hawai that inspired this (eclipse, unlight me)

Tapu Koko (I'll guarantee that they will change it name later) look awesome and have a awesome ability.

Thought the fish was water/fairy, nvm

Cutiefly is ... cute (but it look like more a tiny bird if you ask me).

Hey look, the Pikachu clone is here! Electric/Steel, not bad I guess.

On mobile so can't trim this quote but Tapu Koko is confirmed. In fact, we already knew it's name from E3 but had no idea what it looked it. It is one of four guardian deities of the Alola region, one for each island. Tapu Koko is the guardian of Melemele and kicks off the plot for the protagonist. Also, it's ability switches terrain to Electric field when it switches in.

Oh, I was wondering where you guys got the English names from, here we go.

So, the new Pokemon are as follows:

Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy (Legendary)

smleak7.jpg

Charjabug and Vikavolt: Bug/Electric

[spoiler=Charjabug]smleak6.jpg

[spoiler=Vikavolt]smleak3.jpg

Drampa: Normal/Dragon

smleak1.jpg

Bruxish: Water/Psychic

smleak5.jpg

Cutiefly: Bug/Fairy

smleak4.jpg

Togedemaru: Electric/Steel

smleak2.jpg

Also, yeah, mates.

0c6f3c1d0d8c18ee501f126d2db631c4.png

That's definitely the psychic color. Fairy's color is a much lighter pink.

Edited by Vashiane

On mobile so can't trim this quote but Tapu Koko is confirmed. In fact, we already knew it's name from E3 but had no idea what it looked it. It is one of four guardian deities of the Alola region, one for each island. Tapu Koko is the guardian of Melemele and kicks off the plot for the protagonist. Also, it's ability switches terrain to Electric field when it switches in.

So it's a some kind of unique pokémon? Not something you would catch in the wild? Yea, free electric terrain is nice, another pokémon will probably have the fairy version of this ability.

Also I take it back about Gruppin, didn't realize it was the coccon before the evolution.

Oh I missed or didn't see that part Samias. Would this be the legendaries of sun and moon?

These are probably bird/dog/emotion trio in power level and all four probably connect to the cover legendaries. However we only know a little bit about the plot from the 30 mins shown off at E3 but the festival at the beginning of the game is in honour of Tapu Koko.