Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

...I seriously thought this was a pre-Coro Coro prank from someone when I first saw it. The bear looks okay, but what...is...that...other...thing? It looks like someone just took a five-year-old's drawing of Pikachu, recolored it, and called it a Pokemon. I never thought an official Pokemon could be shittier than Lickitung and Lickilicky.

EDIT: Uh, I thought Dragonair had a mouth...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the true pokemon of mimikkyu is under the disguise, kinda like wobbufett and wynaut. Would be interesting if they were both the same pokemon but have different disguises because they have different goals, wobbufett and and wynaut has disguises for protection and mimikkyu wants attention

...I seriously thought this was a pre-Coro Coro prank from someone when I first saw it. The bear looks okay, but what...is...that...other...thing? It looks like someone just took a five-year-old's drawing of Pikachu, recolored it, and called it a Pokemon. I never thought an official Pokemon could be shittier than Lickitung and Lickilicky.

Dragonair only has a mouth drawn sometimes. In all the official game art it doesn't have one but there are a few anime shots where they draw one in on the underside of its snout but it was never drawn on the sprites and official art doesn't use that angle.

Also the "Pikachu" is a very poor disguise. The real Pokemon is underneath. Same idea as Wobbufet where the tail is the real thing and the body is a decoy.

Edited by Samias

Aahaha, Ikr? I was sure that was a late April fool joke or something (does April fool even exist in Japan?). Maybe it will look better in the game.

Dragonair only has a mouth drawn sometimes. In all the official game art it doesn't have one but there are a few anime shots where they draw one in on the underside of its snout but it was never drawn on the sprites and official art doesn't use that angle.

Also the "Pikachu" is a very poor disguise. The real Pokemon is underneath. Same idea as Wobbufet where the tail is the real thing and the body is a decoy.

Never noticed that the body of Wobbufet is a decoy. I mean, it had a mouth and everything...

Aahaha, Ikr? I was sure that was a late April fool joke or something (does April fool even exist in Japan?). Maybe it will look better in the game.

Never noticed that the body of Wobbufet is a decoy. I mean, it had a mouth and everything...

Certain caterpillars do this too - they have fake spots on them that look like large eyes to confuse predators enough for them to get away.

In this case, Wobbuffet uses the massive "body" as a decoy to protect itself, as your Pokemon isn't damaging its head, you're hitting its tail.

Since the mimic hates sunlight, it covers itself in a sheet and probably lurks in dark basements or corners to avoid the sun, and maybe the sheet is a distraction - it might throw the sheet at the Pokemon so it can get away, or fakes the Pokemon out and then attacks it with its... shadow hand, thing.

Oh, unrelated but I so want to see what it looks like underneath the sheet.

Edited by Vashiane

I really want to like Mimikkyu; the entire design, on paper is great. That picture of it with the extended appendage and the glowing eyes is fantastic.

It's just the blanket is based off Pikachu--the one design in Pokémon I cannot stand. I am incredibly conflicted.

Kiteruguma is okay. The typing is semi-unique (shared with Meloetta Pirouette Forme), and it'll help it against Ghost-types.

I don't like Kiteruguma. Normal/Fighting is cool typing, but I don't like the design. The concept is nice and creepy though.

Mimikkyu is absolutely adorable; it's on the team. That makes Litten, Vikavolt, and Mimikkyu for the definite team. Salandit/Drampa might make it on if I don't find others I like, and there's a saved slot for something that isn't seen pre-release.

Edited by Konnor97

Oh, I see...

And I noticed, but Wobbuffet doesn't look like a five-year-old's scribbling. This "Pikachu" does to me.

Oh, I see...

And I noticed, but Wobbuffet doesn't look like a five-year-old's scribbling. This "Pikachu" does to me.

That's the point of Mimikkyu. The cloth it's wearing is based on old Pikachu merch from 20 years ago.

Why are people calling that Popplio evolution a siren? Sirens are supposed to be evil and seductive creatures! That Popplio evolution looks like a lovely performing mermaid, not an evil creature! :( (though if it ends up getting a Pokedex entry saying it does the evil seductive stuff, well... That's just freaky. It wouldn't be the first time we've had really creepy dex entires though, sadly)

Anyway, it's looking more and more like these are real, so it's looking more and more like my vote will change to Popplio and make this a rare occurrence that I pick the Water starter!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't most Mermaids considered to be monsters, because I know it's totally mythological/fiction and some of them I'm not entirely too sure about, but I seen in Rosario + Vampire, Samurai Jack, and Xialion Showdown made the Mermaids as Monsters, but the other mermaids in The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, One Piece, etc. considered to be more friendly?

I did heard Derrick from GameXplain did say about that Ghost/Fairy-type Pokemon has a sheet that was shown in the artwork that protects from the Sun and if you remove the sheet, you can get illness.

And also, I did heard from Pokejungle mentions about the leak starter evolutions are getting deleted from the internet and my guess that those images of the leaked final Alola starter evolutions could possibly be most likely real.

Edited by King Marth 64

That's the point of Mimikkyu. The cloth it's wearing is based on old Pikachu merch from 20 years ago.

Oh. Well, I guess that does clear some things up.

I don't like Kiteruguma. Normal/Fighting is cool typing, but I don't like the design. The concept is nice and creepy though.

Mimikkyu is absolutely adorable; it's on the team. That makes Litten, Vikavolt, and Mimikkyu for the definite team. Salandit/Drampa might make it on if I don't find others I like, and there's a saved slot for something that isn't seen pre-release.

Learning that the real Mimikkyu was actually hiding under the cloth Pikachu cloak has made me like its design a little better. It has amazing typing, only being weak to Ghost and Steel. It also has three immunities (Normal, Fighting and Dragon) and a 1/4 resistance to Bug type. Simply incredible.

Kiteruguma is just awful and I don't think I'll get used to the design. It's the twisted love child of Monokuma and Pedobear. I still stand by the fact that its lack of a mouth is one of the biggest contributors to its creepiness factor. Most of the mammalian-inspired Pokemon do have mouths, so the absence of one on Kiteruguma's face makes it looks too doll-like and fake. Its tail looks really bad too.

Edited by Leif

Wouldn't it be weak to Poison too because Fairy type? Or does Ghost resist that?

Nope, Ghost types resist poison, so it nullifies the weakness.

Edited by Leif

Wonder if it comes with different sheet designs, like Flabebe comes in different colors. I'm sure there's plenty of other Pokemon who are popular enough to still work with its general theme.

Wonder if it comes with different sheet designs, like Flabebe comes in different colors. I'm sure there's plenty of other Pokemon who are popular enough to still work with its general theme.

Yeah, that would be cool. It would give the design more visual interest and give some realism to the Pokemon, since not every Mimikkyu would have access to the same Pikachu cloth in the wild. I predict they will be found in alleyways or by trash bins.

Edited by Leif

That bear is creepy as heck. And not the good kind of creepy, just creepy. The idea behind it is neat but the design is really eh.

Ghost has really neat idea behind it. The sheet it's wearing could look better but the story behind is really interesting. Poor thing. It would be cool if it had different designs.

Litten's a bipedal brute and Rowlet's a sniper.

Popplio's final form is dancer/bard and Litten's... I don't know, Berserker?

Add this to Kalos starters which can easily be made to match FE classes, and the Pokemon Conquest/Birthright joke from before...

Fire Emblem / Pokemon crossover confirmed.

Unlikely, because of it's bio.

It says that Mimikkyu knows how popular Pikachu is, so it tries to dress like Pikachu so humans would like it as well.

Edited by Water Mage

I love Mimikkyu. I'm going to get one. I guess I am weak to Pokemon with sad backstories. But it's just so cute!

bear, however, is horrifying