Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I mean, I know the circus theme is a really popular theory with the starters but if they had a theme, you'd think the final evolution would have it (kinda like what they did with the fighter-mage-thief theme in Kalos). But they... don't. Litten's a bipedal brute and Rowlet's a sniper.

Unless they're going for a hero-damsel-villain thing. Rowlet is the hero, Popplio is the damsel, and Litten is the villain. [/shrugs]

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I know the circus theme is a really popular theory with the starters but if they had a theme, you'd think the final evolution would have it (kinda like what they did with the fighter-mage-thief theme in Kalos). But they... don't. Litten's a bipedal brute and Rowlet's a sniper.

Unless they're going for a hero-damsel-villain thing. Rowlet is the hero, Popplio is the damsel, and Litten is the villain. [/shrugs]

Rowlet's a trickshooter and Litten's a strongman; simple.

You might be a little out of touch with reality, there.

...Are you really assuming that I think mermaids are literally real? That was not what I meant.

If the final evolution designs are real, I think the Poplio one is trying way too hard to be "elegant" and "beautiful". Maybe that's why I don't like it. I don't like things that try too hard to be cute or beautiful. Which is why Sylveon is my least favorite of the Eevee evolutions (although I've warmed up to it recently) and why Fennekin was my least favorite of the Kalos starters.

I still don't quite get what exactly has leaked.

Part of it is here:

I saw this on IG and some article in the internet, I'll see if I can find a link. They said they might be real since a smiliar concept art was shown for Noivern in X/Y.

Edit: ha, that was easy. Here it is: http://pokejungle.net/2016/06/04/rumor-final-starter-evolutions-leaked/

Other stuff is somewhere else in one of my last posts.

Rowlet's a trickshooter and Litten's a strongman; simple.

... A what and a what?

I haven't been to a circus in years so I have no idea what kind of new acts they have. But uh, okay, you've got it sorted out so there we go.

Okay so, in other Not Vash's Dumb Ass Not Knowing Circus Stuff.

There was a Corocoro link, with an image of two potential new Pokemon.

tumblr_oa7h69atPh1si81lwo1_1280.jpg

I have no words.

Actually I do have words.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GAMEFREAK AND WHY.

Edited by Vashiane

hi I'm here and Serebii got the news on the Corocoro stuff

Sourced straight from the home page:

"The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise."

"People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness"

We have no idea what Fluffy/Disguise do in terms of abilities

Mimikkyu... mimic you... heh. Cute pun. The additional pictures of that thing are nothing short of terrifying though. I like it.

Not so sure on the red panda. It didn't strike me as one until I saw the tail!

I'm actually rather interested in the Ghost/Fairy one.

Here's a closer picture of it:

corocoro8163.jpgcorocoro8162.jpg

It's real body seems to be rather freaky from the looks of it.

And the bio on the bear Pokemon makes is actually kinda scary. Like the Pokemon can kill without meaning to.

Edited by Water Mage

... A what and a what?

I haven't been to a circus in years so I have no idea what kind of new acts they have. But uh, okay, you've got it sorted out so there we go.

Okay so, in other Not Vash's Dumb Ass Not Knowing Circus Stuff.

There was a Corocoro link, with an image of two potential new Pokemon.

tumblr_oa7h69atPh1si81lwo1_1280.jpg

I have no words.

Actually I do have words.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GAMEFREAK AND WHY.

A trickshooter's basically someone who does things like shoot a target with an arrow while hanging upside down or something of the sort. "Strongman" was a term that I came up with for, well, strong guys who help out with performances or have their own side attraction of lifting a lot. Either way, they're kinda dated positions.

Anyways, I have nothing to say on these new pokemon until we see them in motion.

Wonder if we could find a translation for the text soon, because I want to figure out what it says about the Mimikkyu's connection to Pikachu.

Also the bear? What? People post warning signs about the bear? It likes to hug its trainers and has the strength to break things in two easily? It's warned that raising one will put your life in danger???

WHAT?

That's actually more horrifying than the Mimikkyu!

A trickshooter's basically someone who does things like shoot a target with an arrow while hanging upside down or something of the sort. "Strongman" was a term that I came up with for, well, strong guys who help out with performances or have their own side attraction of lifting a lot. Either way, they're kinda dated positions.

Anyways, I have nothing to say on these new pokemon until we see them in motion.

Ohhhhhh, I see. That's pretty cool actually.
Edited by Vashiane

...And here I thought Bruxish looked awful.

These two pokemon are, by far, the most horrifying "Pokemon" I have ever seen. I have seen Fakemon that look better than these two.

OH. OH NO. I SAID IT WAS JUST A WEIRD RED PANDA BUT... IT... IS THAT A GLOOMY BEAR REFERENCE?!

From Wikipedia:

Gloomy, an abandoned little bear, is rescued by Pitty (the little boy). At first, he is cute and cuddly, but becomes more wild as he grows up. Since bears do not become attached to people like dogs by nature, Gloomy attacks Pitty even though he is the owner. So Gloomy has blood on him from biting and/or scratching Pitty.

It also happens to be giant and pink. The red panda features on Kiteruguma are probably there to throw off the resemblance.

OH. OH NO. I SAID IT WAS JUST A WEIRD RED PANDA BUT... IT... IS THAT A GLOOMY BEAR REFERENCE?!

From Wikipedia:

Gloomy, an abandoned little bear, is rescued by Pitty (the little boy). At first, he is cute and cuddly, but becomes more wild as he grows up. Since bears do not become attached to people like dogs by nature, Gloomy attacks Pitty even though he is the owner. So Gloomy has blood on him from biting and/or scratching Pitty.

It also happens to be giant and pink. The red panda features on Kiteruguma are probably there to throw off the resemblance.

Oh my god.

I don't know whether to be terrified because they're creepy or delighted because they're creepy.

Both I guess?

Wonder if we could find a translation for the text soon, because I want to figure out what it says about the Mimikkyu's connection to Pikachu.

According to Siliconera:

"If you’re wondering why it has an eerie resemblance to Pikachu, it’s actually wearing some sort of Pikachu goodie that was popular 20 years prior. And the reason for that is because it wishes to be friendly with humans just like Pikachu."

That's...kinda sad actually.

According to Siliconera:

"If you’re wondering why it has an eerie resemblance to Pikachu, it’s actually wearing some sort of Pikachu goodie that was popular 20 years prior. And the reason for that is because it wishes to be friendly with humans just like Pikachu."

I would laugh so hard if it had an evolution that was like Raichu and it was upset because Raichu gets no love.

According to Siliconera:

... Awwww. Poor thing. It just wants to be loved.

Heck it, I'm not scared of it anymore after that. I'm going to hug it.

Hmm...I'm not quite sure what to think of those Pokemon. I kinda like the bear, but...hmm, something about the design. Idunno.

I think you're apprehensive about the bear's design because it doesn't have a mouth.

I feel that Sugimori really lost his touch when it comes to these designs... they are becoming more hit or miss.

I think you're apprehensive about the bear's design because it doesn't have a mouth.

I feel that Sugimori really lost his touch when it comes to these designs... they are becoming more hit or miss.

Sugimori has never been the sole designer and he probably didn't design these. I think it's been shown the official art this time around isn't his doing either.

2. I doubt the lack of mouth is the issue. Otherwise no one would like Diglett or Magnetite or Dragonair.

I think the bear is kinda unsettling from a variety of features... and that's the point. It's too generically cute but its disposition is unintentional murder. Though pink on black is a harsh colour combo in these washed out scans. I get the feeling it looks better in game but the official art draws it from its flattest angle.