Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I never said you were. When I said "we", I meant all of us- you included. My point is that though we dislike the pandering, we're still buying the game. Though the stereotypical genwunners are a vocal minority, there's a cut below that forms a not-insignificant amount of people. And while they would sell a ton either way, they're pretty much guaranteed to sell more with the genwunner pandering.

I'm not thrilled, but business is business.

Yeah, gotta agree with that. As much they Game Freak like working on these games, it's still a business in the end.

For example, do you know why the Pokemon games have been getting easier and easier? To make them more accessible to children. That's why things such as the Battle Frontier have disappeared, becuase it was deemed too hard.

It was long time ago, so I don't remember all the details, but back on the Gen 4 days, a lot of parents in Japan complained that the games were too hard, and their children couldn't complete them, and a lot of the young children stopped playing the Gen 4 games because it was they couldn't complete everything in the game. And if they stopped playing the game, they would stop buying the other Pokemon products as well. And Game Freak couldn't have that happening.

So they made games easier with things like new Exp. Share and making boss trainers such Gym Leader and evil team leader very easy to defeat.

It was all business. They made the games easier because it would sell more.

It's the same thing with the Gen 1 pandering. It sells, so they have do it. The Gen 1 Pokemon are easily recognizable and that makes them easily marketable.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I must be one of few people that isn't really bothered by the Alola forms apparently being Gen I exclusive. I can understand the . . . annoyance, though. I guess I can just understand both sides of the story.

Edited by eggclipse

Hm, I must be one of few people that isn't really bothered by the Alola forms apparently being Gen I exclusive. I can understand the . . . annoyance, though. I guess I can just understand both sides of the story.

That said, I just can't bring myself to hate the mind that created Alola Dugtrio. It is literally the most absurd yet cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Technically not supposed to mention that here. It's not officially announced yet and from the datamine.

And recent interviews have confirmed that Alolan Forms are indeed exclusive to Gen 1. Though my issue lays with something only found within the datamine... .

Edited by The DanMan

I understand the issue with difficulty of gen 4 (I found them pretty hard myself even though I enjoyed them a lot). But why not re-implement difficulty settings like in gen 5? Just not in such a stupid way...

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the SPOILERS. >_> Thread title clearly says datamine stuff is not allowed in here!

Edited by Anacybele

Technically not supposed to mention that here. It's not officially announced yet and from the datamine.

And recent interviews have confirmed that Alolan Forms are indeed exclusive to Gen 1. Though my issue lays with something only found within the datamine... .

It's in the demo. Sometimes at the beach at Ten Carat Hill there's a woman who sees a pokemon in the distance, and you use Pokefinder to look at it.

Edited by Konnor97

It's in the demo.

I never saw any Alolan Dugtrio in the demo.

EDIT: Oh, really? That's interesting! I was planning to play the demo again anyway, now I have more reason to, it seems!

Edited by Anacybele

It's in the demo.

It is? Legitimately? I thought the DMs had just found a way to rig it to spawn. Suppose that wouldn't make sense with everything else being cut out... .

I understand the issue with difficulty of gen 4 (I found them pretty hard myself even though I enjoyed them a lot). But why not re-implement difficulty settings like in gen 5? Just not in such a stupid way...

The reason challenge mode only appeared in Black/White 2 is because, if I'm not mistaken, these games were made by a different team.

Black/White 2 and X/Y were being developed around the same time, so they had to different teams working on each pair of games.

The reason challenge mode only appeared in Black/White 2 is because, if I'm not mistaken, these games were made by a different team.

Black/White 2 and X/Y were being developed around the same time, so they had to different teams working on each pair of games.

Well, that's rather disappointing to hear...

Yeah. I don't know if you can just leave and re-enter Ten Carat Hill to try and get her, or if you have to exit and restart the demo.

I'm gonna give it about 5 minutes.

Nothing for a bit, so I restarted and it became night. I also just noticed that if you stand next to someone they'll turn to you, even if you don't talk to them.

Tried a bit at this night attempt and got nothing. I guess it may just be random demo excursions.

Edited by Konnor97

The most recognizable Pokémon are probably Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Lucario and Greninja entirely because of SSB.

Pikachu's number 1 and I'd say Charizard is number 2. They're the only two that a lot of people who have never touched the games could probably name. Pichu and Jiggs are pretty unknown outside of Japan (and heck, they're popularity over their has declined), with Mewtwo/Lucario/Greninja sharing the niche of "uber popular among the fandom but not iconic".

At this point, I'm honestly not surprised that the Alola Forms are only for Gen 1 Pokemon, hypocrisy in the interview aside. I wasn't planning on using them anyway, since I prefer to stick to new Pokemon when I enter a new region, so I'm not too bothered by it. That said, I would like them to keep regional variants as a concept for future games, and expand it to other generations' Pokemon.

Confirmation (in so many words) that Alolan Forms are meant to be genwunner pandering.

"The first generation Pokemon aren't treated any differently from Pokemon from latter games."

And to think I was one of the first to say that Pokémons from others generations will surely have an Alola form. Sigh.

I still like them tough.

And the fact that Hms area thing of the past convinced me to buy Pokemon S&M regardless of what they will announce anyway

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

I like to use as many new Pokemon as possible as well, and the Alolan forms feel somewhat new to me since they're old Pokemon with different designs and types and all. Though the only Alolan forms I'll use are Raichu, Vulpix/Ninetales, and Marowak so far.

I just really wanted to see Alolan forms for other gens as well... I mean, wouldn't something like Alolan Houndoom or Buizel/Floatzel be pretty cool?

Edited by Anacybele

If they do do regional forms in other games, I hope they just don't go with just a single generation at a time. I don't want to wait for like 6 games to get regional forms for Unova pokemon.

is your AS trainer's name Cyan, for instance?

Hey you cheated :P:

Also, spoilers. Spoilers everywhere. That said, I can't say I really mind just because I've never been the type of person to avoid spoilers. All this new info sounds pretty interesting.

Well. Ash-Greninja is now a thing, and that is from gen 6, not 1. But I'm finally watching the gamexplain video. They said that the Alolan forms were intentional because it is the 20th anniversary.... it's not ideal, but it's not something to get bent out of shape for.

And now that I hear the context of the "The first generation aren't treated any differently" line. I think I get what they're trying to say. That they want to have something special in this generation for all of the previous generations. But the line kind of Falls flat considering that Alolan Forms are gen 1......

I still feel this is less pandering than X&Y

Edit: Also multiple zygarde forms. Another gen 6 thing

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Also, spoilers. Spoilers everywhere. That said, I can't say I really mind just because I've never been the type of person to avoid spoilers. All this new info sounds pretty interesting.

Oh yeah. We kinda spoiled all Alolan variations were from Gen 1.

It's not spoilers when the producer, director, and random company reps are spouting them left and right.