Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Oh yeah, anyone know what rewards you get from those people asking you to return after x amount of days? Seems like they mostly involve stuff that'll get you money in game.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uh, is anyone else not receiving the thing in the demo from the guy outside the Pokemon Center? He still says "come back tomorrow". I did mess with my clock yesterday, so it could be like Gen 4 and lock you out of stuff for 24 hours...

Edited by TrueEm

So, uh, is anyone else not receiving the thing in the demo from the guy outside the Pokemon Center? He still says "come back tomorrow". I did mess with my clock yesterday, so it could be like Gen 4 and lock you out of stuff for 24 hours...

I'm going to assume it's this. I got my 10 pretty wings from him.

Yeah.... I think you messed yourself up on that

I just came up with a theory about the Ultra Beasts and thr Aether Foundation:

What if the reason you can catch the Ultra Beasts is because they are Pokemon but not from the world where game takes place, but a world where Pokemon are like the Ultra Beasts? Maybe in the world where the Ultra Beasts are from, Pokemon such as Pikachu, Eevee and many others don't exist at all. To them, the Ultra Beasts, they aren't the strange Pokemon, maybe to them, the Pokemon from the world where the game takes place are the ones that look bizarre and doesn't look like Pokemon at all, hell even a small simple looking Pokemon like Caterpie or Ratatta may look completely bizarre and unnatural to them.

The reason I got this theory I because I remembered something from the ORAS games. In the Delta Episode, Zinnia mentions another world where Mega Evolution doesn't exist, that world is implied to be the world where the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games took place. Another thing that made me think of other worlds was a line from Lusamine where she says "Even Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of my love." or something similar. This might imply the existence of other worlds, and maybe, when Lusamine says that even Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of her love, she's talking about the Ultra Beasts.

And finally the last and probably the weirdest part of my theory, what if some of the people of the Aether Foundation are from that other world, where the Ultra Beast are normal Pokemon. More specifically, what if Lusamine, Gladion and Lili are from that other world? Perhaps, when Lusamine says that Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of her love, she's not talking about the Ultra Beasts, but rather, she's talking about the Pokemon from the world where the game takes. Maybe to her, Pokemon like Pikachu, Eevee, Caterpie and Ratatta are the ones that look otherworldly and bizarre while the Ultra Beasts are the "normal" ones.

What do you guys think? And sorry for writting to much, I got carried away.

I just came up with a theory about the Ultra Beasts and thr Aether Foundation:

What if the reason you can catch the Ultra Beasts is because they are Pokemon but not from the world where game takes place, but a world where Pokemon are like the Ultra Beasts? Maybe in the world where the Ultra Beasts are from, Pokemon such as Pikachu, Eevee and many others don't exist at all. To them, the Ultra Beasts, they aren't the strange Pokemon, maybe to them, the Pokemon from the world where the game takes place are the ones that look bizarre and doesn't look like Pokemon at all, hell even a small simple looking Pokemon like Caterpie or Ratatta may look completely bizarre and unnatural to them.

The reason I got this theory I because I remembered something from the ORAS games. In the Delta Episode, Zinnia mentions another world where Mega Evolution doesn't exist, that world is implied to be the world where the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games took place. Another thing that made me think of other worlds was a line from Lusamine where she says "Even Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of my love." or something similar. This might imply the existence of other worlds, and maybe, when Lusamine says that even Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of her love, she's talking about the Ultra Beasts.

And finally the last and probably the weirdest part of my theory, what if some of the people of the Aether Foundation are from that other world, where the Ultra Beast are normal Pokemon. More specifically, what if Lusamine, Gladion and Lili are from that other world? Perhaps, when Lusamine says that Pokemon from other worlds are worthy of her love, she's not talking about the Ultra Beasts, but rather, she's talking about the Pokemon from the world where the game takes. Maybe to her, Pokemon like Pikachu, Eevee, Caterpie and Ratatta are the ones that look otherworldly and bizarre while the Ultra Beasts are the "normal" ones.

What do you guys think? And sorry for writting to much, I got carried away.

I don't quite know about the part about some people coming from the UB world, though I'd believe it if some NPCs say they just appeared one day, like an NPC talks about Lusamine coming out of nowhere to being the president and founder of the Aether Foundation. Otherwise though, I believe it. I called it when the UBs were confirmed capturable. They show up one day, people are confused when their attempts to capture them are denied, and they're declared bizarre creatures. [spoiler=Cause datamine]I bet the UB Ball has special technology to be able to capture them cause it's from their world.

Edited by Konnor97

Yep. Messing with your clock causes the game to mess with you.

Yep. Messing with your clock causes the game to mess with you.

Does it make you wait 24 hours from when you messed with it or until the next day is over? If its the ladder, well I guess I messed up.

What WAS the gift anyways?

Does it make you wait 24 hours from when you messed with it or until the next day is over? If its the ladder, well I guess I messed up.

What WAS the gift anyways?

Wait 24 hours, I think. And the gift was ten pretty wings.

Wait 24 hours, I think. And the gift was ten pretty wings.

Wait- really? That's a crappy reward.

Those literally sell for Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png100. I don't think Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png1000 is worth it.

also waiting 24 hours didnt work i think might have to double check

Wait- really? That's a crappy reward.

Those literally sell for Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png100. I don't think Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png1000 is worth it.

also waiting 24 hours didnt work i think might have to double check

Yes, but it's probably going to stack. A lot of the items you get in the demo seem to gear towards getting the PC money at the start of the game easily.

Yes, but it's probably going to stack. A lot of the items you get in the demo seem to gear towards getting the PC money at the start of the game easily.

Yeah, but we've already gotten a Nugget, 3 Stardusts and a Star Piece. That's... Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png5000 + Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png3000 + Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png4900...

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png12900! Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png1000 more is nothing.

Finally played the demo.

Definitely shorter than I'd like. ORAS had more story to it, but at least riding around on Tauros happened (also RIP field moves). The trial was alright, and I assume they'll all have something like that. The catching challenge was a pain because I literally caught 18 trying to get the nugget, only to later find it was only 3 needed and all had to be give back (Sure, not transferring them, but still). Team skull are making a better impression than Flare so far (and I keep hearing the grunts talk like Beat). The opening might suggest that the PC is a blow-in, though that might have been for the demo's sake and Hau..... hoo boy he might end up one of the worst rivals. Too little to confirm but the signs are there. Battles were mostly easy and I only ended up close to wiping out the catching challenge because the Greninja found a Pikachu who used nuzzle.

Really, a better demo would have made more available.

And somehow, I just feel that seeing the word Alola in every conversation might drive me mad.

And for those items on certain days, it does say from initial play. So you might be stuck there. (Though I won't be able to change back from DST for something like 12 days if that's the case.)

The thing is, Alola didn't really bother me while playing the demo, because it references people in Hawaii saying Aloha all the time. Eclipse was right, Game Freak did their homework on this one.

That's true.

It's just that seeing this new word as the region name and as a greeting/farewell means it is going to be a very common word in game. And personally, that just clicked while playing the demo as something irksome. Of course, there is too little to tell from this and I could just be guessing wrong as to the occurrence in the full game. Again, it is an impression of the game that was made to show certain things about Sun/Moon.

Edited by Dayni

Also, there's been quite a few teases that Gladion is our "main" rival, what with him and Hau sharing cut-in styles (a shock wave emanating from behind them as they strike a pose), him being fought multiple times throughout the story, directly opposing you, and his possession of Type Null- which evolves into Silvally, with recent info all but confirming it will use the memory drive effective against your starter.

I quite like Hau. I can't bring myself to hate him and I'm more fond of friendly rivalries rather than antagonistic ones. I never liked Blue as I'm not one to appreciate being insulted even after I've curbstomped his entire team. Silver was much the same, though I could tolerate him a bit better as it seemed that he made progression to not be such an asshole to his 'mons by the end of the game. Barry was actually okay, but my image of him is tainted as a Paul Fanboy from the anime. I was neutral towards Cheren, but I hated Bianca. Hugh is literally irrelevant. The cast from Gen VI was . . . not good.

My favorite rival was May/Brendan from Gen III, and it looked like Calum/Serena was supposed to be their successor. It didn't work to well because of the other three people tagging along the entire time.

The thing is, Alola didn't really bother me while playing the demo, because it references people in Hawaii saying Aloha all the time. Eclipse was right, Game Freak did their homework on this one.

I've been saying GF did their homework since that starters came out. Guess I was right.

I know how often Aloha is used in Hawaii, but I still cringe from them saying "Alola" mostly because it sounds stupid tbh.

Edited by TrueEm

Lockstin released a new video yesterday. Heavily focuses on the transformation theory involving UB's.

His timing could not have been worse.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm crying at that mimikyu song i'm going to use it just for that

Yeah, but we've already gotten a Nugget, 3 Stardusts and a Star Piece. That's... Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png5000 + Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png3000 + Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png4900...

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png12900! Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png1000 more is nothing.

Wait you really get that much for playing the demo??? How to play?????

Edited by sylveonzoroark