Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Overall, my favourite soundtrack is still Gen V, because of Village Bridge (one of my favourite part of the game, honest.) And yeah, the different geme theme, and the music for their last Pokémons were great additions.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Village Bridge! This one is actually my top favorite along with Team Galactic Battle and XY's Snowbelle City. Snowbelle City sounds beautiful and ballet-like. ^^ I always imagine a ballet group dancing to it!

The Diamond team is now lv. 20-22 and I just beat Gardenia for the Forest Badge. Time to save the cycle shop owner and get a bike. And I get the Explorer's Kit real soon too! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there was that livestream on Niconico, and while it didn't show any new pokemon, there were some new details.

Shaking grass encounters work like XY where if you are next to something shaking it will attack you. Like the bushes on that route to the mansion.

When you catch a pokemon the Rotomdex tells you your current pokedex completion %.

There are 7 trials. So there's the confirmed Ilima, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, and Sophocles, and from the special trailer in the demo the ghost girl is suspected to be one. Plus the mentioned Khahili from the demo is also speculated to be the last one.

Also Litten's stats at level 15 were shown at some point, and they were 39 HP, 26 Attack, 22 Defense, 24 Special Attack, 18 Special Defense, and 29 Speed. Litten's base stats are suspected to range from 32-49 HP, 55-73 Attack, 42-59 Defense, 48-66 Special Attack, 28-46 Special Defense, and 65-83 Speed. We don't know that Litten's nature though, and so the estimates are based off a neutral nature.

I was hoping that there would be four trials per island, but thinking about it, it would end with 16 trials, and it would be a little too much I guess, so 7 is a good number.

And from the looks of it, the Litten line will be of fast physical fighters. I guess being bipedal will Littens's final evolution as it will allow it to learn more attacks.

Also, Popplio's line seems to be wall with good special attack.

I actually see potential for those Popplio's and Litten's evolution for those two. Water/Fairy is great offensive typing and Litten's evolution might have the right combination of stats, moves and type. I do hope they will introduce a more safer physical Fire attack. Flare Blitz is good, but it makes harder for Pokemon to last.

I was hoping that there would be four trials per island, but thinking about it, it would end with 16 trials, and it would be a little too much I guess, so 7 is a good number.

And from the looks of it, the Litten line will be of fast physical fighters. I guess being bipedal will Littens's final evolution as it will allow it to learn more attacks.

Also, Popplio's line seems to be wall with good special attack.

I actually see potential for those Popplio's and Litten's evolution for those two. Water/Fairy is great offensive typing and Litten's evolution might have the right combination of stats, moves and type. I do hope they will introduce a more safer physical Fire attack. Flare Blitz is good, but it makes harder for Pokemon to last.

Huh... .

Now I'm hoping Rowlet3 won't end up like Samurott (read: overly average at everything).

Litten's base stats are suspected to range from 32-49 HP, 55-73 Attack, 42-59 Defense, 48-66 Special Attack, 28-46 Special Defense, and 65-83 Speed.

If Litten is indeed Fire Dark, then I'm very happy with it being physical. I want it to be detached from Houndoom, since I like it a lot and I kinda don't want it to get overshadowed.

I guess they are still very similar though. They're both fast mixed attackers, with Houndoom favoring Special and Litten favoring Physical, plus Litten is probably going to be faster judging by it's stats now.

Edited by TrueEm

So I played the demo for once and it was kinda underwhelming. At least, I remember enjoying the ORAS special demo much more, but anyways, I like the improvements specifically in user interface, it is much more friendly and colorful. What I don't like is that the PokeCamera (or w/e it is called) is so laggy. The music is really good, I've always like Pokemon soundtracks, but most of them felt brought from ORAS, specially the Defeated Trainer part.

Also, thanks to Truemm for handing the demo rewards, I was looking forward for the info. Thanks!

Edit: something tells me Rowlet will have average HP and spd, high defenses and high attck, and probably low special attack

Edited by Quintessence

Huh... .

Now I'm hoping Rowlet3 won't end up like Samurott (read: overly average at everything).

To be fair, before Serperior got Contrary, Samurott was arguably the best Unova starter. Although that's not really a lot since the Unova starters weren't very impressive in battle, compared to other starters.

I'm hoping Popplio will end up the tankiest with high HP and Defenses with only good Special Attack. Maybe it's also the slowest? I like my tanky water types though.

I expect then that Rowlet will probably turn up High Attack, ok Defenses, and decent Speed, if only because we know Litten's highest stat is probably Speed.

Hmm... I can't tell if I'm I thinking realistically, or just underestimating how good that the starters'll be.

I have a feeling unless something stupid happens, Popplio3 is gonna be the best of the starters competitively. Aurora Veil is way too good, it looks to be quite defensive, and Serene Grace is a likely hidden ability for it. Imagine it: 60% burn Scald, 60% Special Attack drop Moonblast (likely to get if Water/Fairy, which it probably will be), Aurora Veil, and Rest/Ice Beam/Calm Mind and Leftovers.

I have a feeling unless something stupid happens, Popplio3 is gonna be the best of the starters competitively. Aurora Veil is way too good, it looks to be quite defensive, and Serene Grace is a likely hidden ability for it. Imagine it: 60% burn Scald, 60% Special Attack drop Moonblast (likely to get if Water/Fairy, which it probably will be), Aurora Veil, and Rest/Ice Beam/Calm Mind and Leftovers.

Is Aurora Veil for sure it's move? I agree it makes sense in conjunction with the other moves and starters, but we don't have super solid evidence, do we?

Also it's HA could easily be something new, or like... Swift Swim or something. I agree that if that does happen it'll be amazing, but we really don't have reason to assume that atm.

Is Aurora Veil for sure it's move? I agree it makes sense in conjunction with the other moves and starters, but we don't have super solid evidence, do we?

Also it's HA could easily be something new, or like... Swift Swim or something. I agree that if that does happen it'll be amazing, but we really don't have reason to assume that atm.

Aurora Veil isn't confirmed its move, but I'll be very surprised if it wasn't.

And that's true it might not get Serene Grace, but it fits with its theme. And wishful thinking. Then again, it's possible the starters will get brand new hidden abilities, like with the starters last gen.

Aurora Veil isn't confirmed its move, but I'll be very surprised if it wasn't.

And that's true it might not get Serene Grace, but it fits with its theme. And wishful thinking. Then again, it's possible the starters will get brand new hidden abilities, like with the starters last gen.

I agree it fits, although I'm betting on new abilities for the starter HAs.

inb4 Popplio has Cosmic Power, Stored Power, Recover, and has Stamina as it's HA, therefore becoming the ultimate tank.

I already have a feeling Superstar Seal will be the best of the starters competitively. Water is already one of the better typing, known for having higher HP and defenses in exchange for speed. Also, having access to Scald, arguably one of the best and most broken moves in the game further helps it along. I feel like it might be in UU on Smogon, depending on its abilities and other obtainable moves.

I feel like Robin Owl will have paper thin defenses, average HP but have high speed and attack, making it a good revenge killer and Focus Sash user. As much as I love it, its typing is kinda garbage. It has five weaknesses with one of them being rock, which means a Stone Edge would probably be all needed to take it down. Speaking of which, how many Grass/Flying types are there (there are five; three of which belong to a single evolution line) and how many of them are actually used in competitive (probably none of them except one)? It'll probably be in Smogon's UU or NU tier.

Wrestler Kitten, I'm not too sure about.

On a side note, why does Lapras not get Scald? What the hell.

Edited by saisymbolic

On a side note, why does Lapras not get Scald? What the hell.

None of the dual ice and water type Pokemon apparently get scald. Likely due to the idea of, you know. Hot water and ice not mixing, I suppose?

I'd be down for Popplio being the best starter since I'm picking it. ;D

Btw, I put Diamond down for today a bit early to watch a game, but I saved after entering Route 209. The team's still the same as before, but at lv. 24-25, pretty much. I also planted some berries and honey'd some trees (might as well see if I can catch those honey tree Pokemon early), so I'll probably boot up the game later to check them.

Edited by Anacybele

None of the dual ice and water type Pokemon apparently get scald. Likely due to the idea of, you know. Hot water and ice not mixing, I suppose?

WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?!1111!!

I mean, I guess hot water and ice don't mix, but . . . Aggron gets to have Flamethrower and I thought fire and steel didn't mix????

i kno it isn't the same thing but still y they gotta do lapras like that tho?

Pokemon like Rhydon get Surf too, it doesn't make sense. xP

Anyway, I checked the tree I honey'd in Floaroma Meadow and caught a Cherubi, w00t. None of the other trees have anything atm. I'll try again tomorrow, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

I mean, I guess hot water and ice don't mix, but . . . Aggron gets to have Flamethrower and I thought fire and steel didn't mix????

I'm pretty sure flamethrowers are made of metal

Alternatively blowtorches

Edited by SecondWorld

WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?!1111!!

i kno it isn't the same thing but still y they gotta do lapras like that tho?

I mean, it's also a being of solid rock... like a furnace... or oven... or something...

Having played the demo, I do wonder what's the meaning of the Kanto reference in the game? Why does the player move from Kanto to Alola? What is the purpose of it? I may understand that Alola forms have to do with how Kanto Pokemon react to the Alola environment, but, are these regions near each other? Like, beyond GF's Gen I love, what's the reasoning of the Kanto reference?

Edit: I thought TM management from GF's part had no reasoning when Pikachu knows Surf, Lapras can use Thunder and its variants, etc. I thought typing had nothing to do with the TMs pokemon can learn, in the end, there are plenty of Dark and Ghost types that know Psychic moves and vice versa, so screw logic.

Edited by Quintessence

Having played the demo, I do wonder what's the meaning of the Kanto reference in the game? Why does the player move from Kanto to Alola? What is the purpose of it? I may understand that Alola forms have to do with how Kanto Pokemon react to the Alola environment, but, are these regions near each other? Like, beyond GF's Gen I love, what's the reasoning of the Kanto reference?

None, really. Just "It's the 20th anniversary? Better do more genwunner pandering".

That's a snide way of putting it, but it's them trying to cash in on nostalgia + Go + Masuda's own clear bias.

I thought Pikachu knowing Surf was only an event thing? Like, it can't naturally learn it and the only way to get it was being Mystery Gifted a Pikachu with the move. I know that this was the only way to get one in gen 4, through buying it in Battle Revolution on the Wii and then transferring it.

Edited by Anacybele