Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

My opinion on all moves that have been an HM at one point:

Defog: More useless than Sweet Scent, less than necessary outside of battle.

Defog is a whole lot better now since it removes entry hazards on both side of the field.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defog is a whole lot better now since it removes entry hazards on both side of the field.

Yeah, Defog is now an incredibly useful move in competitive battling, which ironic considering it was after it became an HM.

But it's hella rare nowadays. What Pokemon learn it still?

You can always teach it to Pokemon in Gen 4 and transfer it it all the to thr current Generation. It takes a while, but it's a way to obtain it. Edited by Water Mage

Yeah, Defog is now an incredibly useful move in competitive battling, which ironic considering it was after it became an HM.

You can always teach it to Pokemon in Gen 4 and transfer it it all the to thr current Generation. It takes a while, but it's a way to obtain it.

I'm pretty sure you cannot transfer Pokémon who know HMs over. You have to get the move deleter to delete them first. Edited by Glaceon Mage

I'm pretty sure you cannot transfer Pokémon who know HMs over. You have to get the move deleter to delete them first.

I looked it up. Ducklett, Vullaby, and Rufflet all learn it naturally, with Braviary probably being the best one to pass it due to all of them being male.

I'm pretty sure you cannot transfer Pokémon who know HMs over. You have to get the move deleter to delete them first.

I think that you can transfer them to Black and White if you first trade them over to HeartGold or SoulSilver, since Defog isn't an HM in those games.

Edited by Lightchao42

Oh yeah, Whirlpool is my other hated HM, I'm glad it's not an HM in Sinnoh. We didn't need THREE freaking Water type HMs. Hardly any non-Water type Pokemon learn them.

Also, Hylian Air Force, you forgot Rock Climb. :P It's an HM in Sinnoh and Johto (in HGSS anyway).

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think Talonflame is the kind of bird to use Defog ~

Hey, if it can use Tailwind, it should be able to use Defog.

Edited by Emerson

Oh wow, I didn't think I'd spark this much talk about Defog. lol

I just did lots of digging in the Underground, mainly looking for heart scales and evolution stones. I found a few of the former, and of the latter, I got a Sun Stone and Moon Stone. I'll keep digging for more another time, of course. Gotta have those evolution stones for certain evolutions, after all. I wanted the heart scales to give Roselia Magical Leaf and Giga Drain. I also gave it Toxic.

Look, if DRIFLOON can use Defog (It's an Egg Move), then surely a being that actually has wings can do so as well.

Heck even Seedot, who is literally an ACORN WITH LEGS, can learn it.

Edited by Emerson

So this might be a little off-topic, but is ANYONE else gonna pick Litten? At first the designs were kinda "eh" to me, but they've really grown on me.

Why would talk about Sun/Moon in the Sun/Moon thread be off topic? :P

If anything, the 4th gen talk might warrant a different thread.