Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'm surprised I haven't seen more "Sinnoh confirmed" stuff after Cynthia showed up.

To be fair, she was a postgame boss battle in Black and White, so seeing her here isn't much of a surprise, although if that means that the Sinnoh remakes are in the works for the Switch, that would be great.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, she was a postgame boss battle in Black and White, so seeing her here isn't much of a surprise, although if that means that the Sinnoh remakes are in the works for the Switch, that would be great.

Either they'll come out on 3DS or won't be until Gen VIII. Gen V skipped remakes and was on the same console as Gen IV- plus, Nintendo has said that they'll continue to support the 3DS for the foreseeable future. Black 2 and White 2 proved that Gamefreak will stick to hardware they're used to for a time.

The grassy terrain is kinda funny for Amoongus.since it doesn't really attack much(i mean 112 Giga Drain is pretty dank but your other move is Spore and RP) + healing is kinda eh since it have Regen,but nerfing Earthquake is pretty cool

The Water Tapu is kinda harsh though because without your own Tapu to rewrite it, it renders Powders which is one of the biggest reason to use Amoongus away. Not sure if this is going to be relevant enough to the point that people started using low speed Tapus

Edited by JSND

I am pretty much set on Decidueye. I kind of wish Incineroar was an Electric-type so I could name it Fourth Raikage. Primarina is pretty cute; I actually like it's evolution design progression.

I am hype about the post game of Sun/Moon. A Battle Tower-esquire sort of challenge is already more than X/Y had. Yes, I am hype about Red and Blue. I dont mind bringing back previous characters, especially the two that helped found an ever-growing dynasty. Red, in particular, is looking pretty swanky; I swear he would fit perfectly into JJBA. Him and Jotaro would get along perfectly.

I have to say, I am a fan of the Totem's Z move.

Edited by saisymbolic

Red is my man crush now.

CYNTHIA RETURNS YES!!! THE BEST CHAMPION!

Given my Italian roots, I can only read Primarina as Primavera, a pasta sauce. #TeamSpaghetti

Still no idea which starter I'll pick. I was hoping Spaghetti sauce would get that Aurora Veil move but now it gets something basically useless (why would a bulky Water want to remove Scald burns?)

When the final evolutions for the starters leaked all those months ago, I thought Incineroar was an awful design. Now, I'm torn between using Litten and Popplio. All Incineroar needs is a steel chair now and it's the best final evolution starter ever.

[spoiler=Comment regarding something datamined]I hope Primarina (not a fan of pronouncing that. Doesn't sound like a name, imo) learns Aurora Veil--Sparkling Aria is probably similar to Smelling Salts, and that's a pretty bad move.

Red looks like a college dropout. Blue is slaying it with those shades.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Those saying Cynthia is a hint towards Sinnoh remakes: while I'd LOVE to agree, I'm not so sure about this one because she's shown up in other non-Sinnoh games too, including an event in HGSS and in that villa in gen 5. Either she's really popular or GameFreak just likes her a lot. But either way, I don't mind, cause she rocks and is best champion. ^^

Also, while I still hate Incineroar with a passion, I have to admit that it's signature move is pretty damn cool.

Edited by Anacybele

Those saying Cynthia is a hint towards Sinnoh remakes: while I'd LOVE to agree, I'm not so sure about this one because she's shown up in other non-Sinnoh games too, including an event in HGSS and in that villa in gen 5. Either she's really popular or GameFreak just likes her a lot. But either way, I don't mind, cause she rocks and is best champion. ^^

She did get a bit of a redesign though.

Not like Red/Blue levels but enough of one.

She did get a bit of a redesign though.

She did? I don't think so, she looked the same to me, the 3D model aside.

Also, NoA needs to start recoloring Blue. Him wearing green makes no sense here because his name is BLUE. He's only Green in Japan. Alterations to the graphics have been done in localized versions of Pokemon games before, so there's really no excuse...

Edited by Anacybele

She did? I don't think so, she looked the same to me, the 3D model aside.

Her hair does look a bit different, but that's all I can tell.

Edited by The DanMan

Cynthia is extremely popular. She even got her own Nendoroid and her theme made it into Smash 4's Pokémon League music rotation. She is really memorable thanks to her strong and diverse team.

Her Garchomp was very scary back in the day. It took a long time for my Empoleon to finally outclass it.

The grassy terrain is kinda funny for Amoongus.since it doesn't really attack much(i mean 112 Giga Drain is pretty dank but your other move is Spore and RP) + healing is kinda eh since it have Regen,but nerfing Earthquake is pretty cool

The Water Tapu is kinda harsh though because without your own Tapu to rewrite it, it renders Powders which is one of the biggest reason to use Amoongus away. Not sure if this is going to be relevant enough to the point that people started using low speed Tapus

Really? I think the combination of healing+Regenerator was pretty good.

And I didn't realize at first, but damn...the Water Tabu has a lot of potential. Great typing and great ability and it probably learns Scald too.

And guys, I just realized something about Red's shirt:

f8d.png

Look at it. It says 96! The year the original Pokemon games were released!

I can see this getting some use from me. That devilish grin is amazing.

Hey, uh, that's datamine info right there. Could you please keep that in its respective thread?

Oh, right. Oops. But you may want to edit your post too, since when I edit mine it won't change on yours.

And guys, I just realized something about Red's shirt:

f8d.png

Look at it. It says 96! The year the original Pokemon games were released!

That's a pretty neat easter egg. Another thing that disappoints me about this though, is that Red is silent again after Origins had more or less officially changed that. I was glad to see him speak instead of being boringly silent, now we're back to him being silent again. >_>

I hope we get the rest of the protags alongside Red, rivals too (though Wally is confirmed for them, despite lack of aging since ORAS.)

I would like to battle Looker just because of his status as a recurring character and pseudo mascot.