Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Alolan Persian so much lol. It's like someone was sitting bored in class one day and was trying to doddle Persian. But they forgot what it looked like, so they decided to be a lazy ass and slapped Meowth's face on it, then mailed it in to GF and GF approved it and put it in the game.

no offense to the designers but i hate that piece of shit cat. a shat? a shat. a shit cat. shat. thats what it is

Speak of random images dealing with today's trailer...

Sh5J8qL.jpg

Also

aw, that made me tear up a little. I might have to choose Litten as my starter so I can have a tsundere fire wrestler kitten.

Awesome trailer, it let's you feel Pokemon's true nature.

Charjabug evolving by Lv. 40 surprised me a bit since I didn't live Gen V, but it looks to have a good movepool with Bug Buzz and Discharge.

Man the Explosions are so good lol.

And Ninetales gets Dazzling Gleam yay.

I think I've actually finally decided on a starter. Poppilo because the final form is elegant and i'm kind of a sucker for elegant looking pokemon

Glad to see Tapu Fini is winning out, though only barely.

Why is your favorite Island Guardian your favorite?

I like Koko's design and typing the most.

Tapu Lele because Psychic, and its terrain is imo the best. I want priority moves to suck and not be an overused mechanic in competitive.

Also, BEHOLD THE MOON COMEBACK WII CAN DOEET

Sh5J8qL.jpg

Also I really tried, but I can't find their sources...

This made cry a bit, especially on the part where Incineroar is the one being..."insulted"

New trailer, which shows new Z-Moves:

I find ironic that of all Pokemon, they used Alola Exeggutor to show a move called Breakneck Blitz. Which, by the way is the Normal type Z-Move.

The bullies gave me a Team Skull feeling tbh.

Aside that tough, It's really cool.

I'm one of the 4 liking Tapu bulu the most only because of his design, which impresses me the most betwwen the four guardian

Tapu Lele is cute, but then I read it's bio that mentions that it can be cruel. It says that it casually brings ruin to both people and Pokemon for fun. It sorta lost it's charm for me.

It's just become more charming to me after learning that

Charjabug evolves at 40? Neat. So that means it will probably have a base stat total around Scolipede or Swadloon. It may actually be able to go with an Eviolite set with doubles.

Also I'm not following the plot of these too well. Why did Sho leave Hawaii? I thought they moved there fairly recently.

[spoiler=Stats] Assuming neutral nature and no EVs.

Alolan Raichu had 120 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 45 with 31 IVs to base 60 with 0 IVs. The thing is, in yesterday's trailer we saw an Alolan Raichu with 126 HP, so we can update the range. That had base 51 with 31 IVs to base 66 with 0 IVs. So the new range is 51 to 60 for Alolan Raichu's base HP. I'm inclined to believe 60 to match normal Raichu's base HP.

Pa'u Oricorio had 135 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 60 with 31 IVs to base 75 with 0 IVs. I'm inclined to believe base 75 HP for Pa'u Oricorio, and maybe the others.

Charjabug had 123 HP at level 37. That ranges from base 88 with 31 IVs to base 103/104 with 0 IVs. We also saw at level 38 it had 127 HP. That ranges from base 89 with 31 IVs to base 104/105 for 0 IVs. We can slightly narrow that down to ranging from base 89 to base 103/104. This one I feel EVs may possibly be involved because it does level up.

Bruxish had 143 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 68 with 31 IVs to base 83 with 0 IVs. I'm inclined to believe base 83 HP for it.

Alolan Ninetales had 148 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 73 with 31 IVs to base 88 with 0 IVs. Normal Ninetales would have 148 HP at level 50 with 31 IVs, so it may be base 73.

Sh5J8qL.jpg

Aw, this is pretty sweet. :)

That Persian one though...I don't really get it. Plus, Persian's coloring makes it look more like Nermal here rather than Garfield. Nermal is that annoying gray cat in the show... Always going on about how cute he is. Ugh, I can see why Garfield hates him.

Edited by Anacybele

We have an official english subbed trailer of Train On #3.

[spoiler=Stats]Assuming neutral nature and no EVs.

Alolan Exeggutor had 202 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 127 with 31 IVs to base 142 with 0 IVs. That's a lot more than normal Exeggutor's base 95. On the other hand, if you invest 252 HP EVs into normal Exeggutor at level 50 with 31 IVs, it has 202 HP. Coincidence? I think not.

Minior had 142 HP at level 50. That ranges from base 67 with 31 IVs to base 82 with 0 IVs. Slightly earlier in the trailer though it had 148 HP at the same level. That has the range of base 73 HP with 31 IVs to base 88 with 0 IVs. That narrows the range to base 73 to base 82.

Edited by Konnor97

You know, I just had a thought...most competitive rules, including I think VGC usually has a "no same dex number" rule...how will that work with Alolan forms? Hell, will that work with Lycanroc? I suppose however it handles Meowstic, which I assume means you can only pick one, in spite of the massive differences.

Edited by Dai

In the TCG you could ever only use 4 cards of the same name, regardless of differences in HP and moveset as well. I realize TCG=/=video game but with all we know about Pokemon with different forms like Wormadan, they still count as the same Dex number and you could only use one.

Aw, what was really neat! The kids deciding to get stronger so they could take back their base and then the opponent guys being cool about it in the end too, that was just so cool. ^^