Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Fishing in this game seems really stupid. Only a few spots can be fished in, and it seems like you don't find anything but pearls, pearl strings, and Magikarp when other Pokemon are supposed to be found as well. Did GameFreak make Magikarp's encounter rate like 99% and the others 1% or something? I've been fishing for awhile and found nothing but Magikarp and a few pearls and pearl strings. >_>

That really annoys me, too.

It's one of the reasons why I'm only breeding Pre-Gen 7 Water-types in ORAS as they are easier to obtain.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, seriously...

I managed to find a Wishiwashi and Luvdisc, but no luck on Corsola or Barboach (I'm aware the latter is only in the sea cave behind Melemele Meadow for Melemele Island, but I was fishing there too). I can't find a Sableye in the Ten Carat Hill cave either... I'm pretty sure I ran into one once a long time ago too.

Yeah, seriously...

I managed to find a Wishiwashi and Luvdisc, but no luck on Corsola or Barboach (I'm aware the latter is only in the sea cave behind Melemele Meadow for Melemele Island, but I was fishing there too). I can't find a Sableye in the Ten Carat Hill cave either... I'm pretty sure I ran into one once a long time ago too.

Sableye is SOS only from Carbink encounters.

As for fishing, the extremely common Magikarp is annoying, but at least you can save scum bubbling fishing spots for the (slightly) better odds.

It works by just below of the Pokemon on serebii of the wild encounters. Like you would have to S.O.S a caterpie on route 1 to find a Munchlax with a 5% chance. 5% chance exactly to get a leftovers since they always carry one upon summoning.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/route1.shtml

For more information on what you can find upon each area.

I'mma gonna phuck fishing and just wait for the bank to be compatible for these games.

Edited by PuffPuff

No, I'm positive I encountered a Sableye by itself once. Maybe it wasn't in this particular cave though. Still, trying to get a Carbink to summon one is probably better.

Just checked, Sableye only appears in SOS

If you want more proof, I can check Bulbapedia too.

They could make a mistake, you know. People are behind these websites, and people make mistakes. Granted, this means I could be mistaken as well, but I'd rather rely on my own personal experiences and memory.

Anyway, like I said, the SOS method was better anyway, it didn't take me long to catch a Sableye in Poni Canyon.

They could make a mistake, you know. People are behind these websites, and people make mistakes. Granted, this means I could be mistaken as well, but I'd rather rely on my own personal experiences and memory.

Anyway, like I said, the SOS method was better anyway, it didn't take me long to catch a Sableye in Poni Canyon.

Also possessing perfect IV's especially getting Pokemon through breeding them with infinite possibilities of the fool arcana without having to use bottle caps. Easy wild item farming. Yep.

Edited by PuffPuff

Y'know what I hate? Game Freak making the Destiny Knot so damn hard to get. ORAS was kinda annoying, but not impossible, while this Gen is just... ugh.

You either have to grind up to 48 BP, which is very tough without any good Pokemon to use, or grind Pickup for hours on end, which has not been successful for me yet.

I guess I'll have to either wait until January and get my 940 BP from Pokebank, or keep grinding Pickup.

I don't think the Destiny Knot's ever been easy to get... xP

I finally managed to get a Barboach (I went to the fishing spot in Paniola Town, it kept bubbling every time I re-entered the place), but I'm still missing Corsola, and this other fishing spot on Akala Island refuses to bubble. I've found a few Luvdisc and Wishiwashi in it though, and even before I found any Magikarp there, so maybe Magikarp is less common here. But still, Corsola must be very rare or SOS only or something...

I finally managed to get a Barboach (I went to the fishing spot in Paniola Town, it kept bubbling every time I re-entered the place), but I'm still missing Corsola, and this other fishing spot on Akala Island refuses to bubble. I've found a few Luvdisc and Wishiwashi in it though, and even before I found any Magikarp there, so maybe Magikarp is less common here. But still, Corsola must be very rare or SOS only or something...

You just get 2 free in XY. ORAS was annoying, you had to keep rematching the twins on the ship. But at least in ORAS you could trade from XY, and the method itself wasn't completely frustrating.

Corsola is 20% in Melemele Sea (And the one place in Akala, I forget the route) in the bubbling spots, and 1% or so without bubbles. I recommend you Save in front of one, then reset if it isn't a Corsola.

Also, if you haven't already gotten one, Mareanie is an SOS encounter only from Corsola.

Edited by Emerson

It was out in the open in XY. :P

I don't think the Route 9 fishing spot ever bubbles, as it lacks encounter data in the ROM for it.

They base their website data on the game's datamined files so if they're wrong, something is glitched in your game.

I see. And thanks for telling me about Mareanie. I don't have one of those yet either.

I guess I'll go back to Melemele and try a fishing spot that actually does bubble.

Since I'm planning to get one for my team (amazing tank), I actually checked and you can only found it via SOS. Try to find a Corsola or something.

I see. And thanks for telling me about Mareanie. I don't have one of those yet either.

I guess I'll go back to Melemele and try a fishing spot that actually does bubble.

There's an easy one on the West Side of Melemele Sea, near the enterance to Ten Carat Hill where you get TM64. You can exit and enter the cave over and over to get the same spot to bubble.

That's what I've been doing for the last couple hours now (except I've been going in and out of Kukui's lab, not the cave, to avoid tall grass). Corsola doesn't seem to be there. It's all Luvdisc and the occasional Wishiwashi.

That's what I've been doing for the last couple hours now (except I've been going in and out of Kukui's lab, not the cave, to avoid tall grass). Corsola doesn't seem to be there. It's all Luvdisc and the occasional Wishiwashi.

It's 20% with the bubbles. Again, the easiest way is to save in front of the bubble spot, fish, and soft reset if you don't get it, or get an item. It takes much less time.

Just go a bit more. It took me half an hour to find Fomantis on Route 5, and that thing's 20% as well.

Edited by Emerson

Uh, resetting would probably take just as long as going in and out of Kukui's lab considering that I have to close the game and then open it again by going to the home menu...

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, resetting would probably take just as long as going in and out of Kukui's lab considering that I have to close the game and then open it again by going to the home menu...

Nope, you just press L+R+Start, and it goes straight to the title screen. Pokemon has pretty much always had that.

Edited by Emerson