Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Finding a Corsola in itself was a pain in the fucking ass for me, so instead of going back to find a Mareanie I just decided request one on GTS. I got one with its hidden ability, which was really nice, even though I didn't even realize it was a hidden ability at the time. I got Dhelmise via GTS as well because I have never seen one in-game in the wild. The bubbling spots really should've made it so that the chance to encounter Magikarp was a lot lower. Maybe 30% when bubbling and 50% for Pokemon that normally have a 1% encounter rate.

I've also completed my Pokedex, which is nice.

There's something funny I noticed about the two areas in which Bagon can be countered. The higher location on route 3, where they have a 1% encounter rate, is right above the other place where they show up, Kala'e Bay. They have a 10% there. Only Salamence can be summoned on the higher area. The Bagon are obviously jumping off the cliff and ending up in Kala'e Bay, where they are now stuck. I feel almost bad for them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, if the Corsola was fished from a bubbling spot, the Mareanie from SOS is 20%.

It's 5% from SOS on Route 9, which has no bubbles, and 1% SOS if the Corsola was fished w/o bubbles in Melemele Sea.

Serebii source: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/location/747.shtml#sun

Fish Special is the bubbles.

Edited by Emerson

I don't think it was posted so

tumblr_ohq2fwsdUo1r8sc3ro1_r1_540.png

Get your metal rabbit while I go off and continue to be sick

Edit: "The Mythical Pokémon Magearna is now available for North American Pokémon Sun & Moon players through a QR Code released on the official website. To get it, simply scan the QR code provided into the QR Scanner in the game and it will allow for you to go to Hau'oli City’s Mall to collect Magearna after becoming the Champion in the game. This can only be scanned once per game. It is Level 50 and comes with a Bottle Cap attached. This code does not expire. The European code is expected tomorrow."

Edit 2:

tumblr_ohsfx5HIWe1r8sc3ro1_r1_540.png

EU version

Edited by Ebony

There's something funny I noticed about the two areas in which Bagon can be countered. The higher location on route 3, where they have a 1% encounter rate, is right above the other place where they show up, Kala'e Bay. They have a 10% there. Only Salamence can be summoned on the higher area. The Bagon are obviously jumping off the cliff and ending up in Kala'e Bay, where they are now stuck. I feel almost bad for them.

I've noticed that too, and I gotta admit that's it's a really nice touch.

It's kinda similar to the reason why Absol is usually only first available at late game and almost never early game in the main Pokemon games which makes sense considering the lore associated with it. It's actually really clever.

I'm still pretty salty about my Popplio having a Lax nature - it's the one nature I didn't want besides the obvious -Sp. Atk natures <<

If it's any consolation my Popplio was adamant, I hadn't saved before hand so I just kept it instead of just restarting, at least Lax has some benfits for it. At least it was helpful early game with aqua jet.

Also has it been released anywhere when we can start using Poke-Bank with Sun and Moon? Pretty sure it's in Januaray but we're still waiting for an offical date, right?

Finding a Corsola in itself was a pain in the fucking ass for me, so instead of going back to find a Mareanie I just decided request one on GTS. I got one with its hidden ability, which was really nice, even though I didn't even realize it was a hidden ability at the time. I got Dhelmise via GTS as well because I have never seen one in-game in the wild. The bubbling spots really should've made it so that the chance to encounter Magikarp was a lot lower. Maybe 30% when bubbling and 50% for Pokemon that normally have a 1% encounter rate.

Yeah, I think I'll request one too. Though I don't really have anything worthy to trade. I was looking to try Castform since a lot of people seem to request it, but that one seems equally hard to find. It's another SOS-only Pokemon, and for it to even be that, you need certain weather effects, which my team lacks moves for. -_-

Also, agreed on Magikarp...

Edited by Anacybele

You know, I replayer ORAS recently, and I can't help but think that, holy crap, I just can't realize that I haven't realized that Pokemon Amie was tedious as hell.
You couldn't change pokemon inbetween, there was thousand of pokepuffs, and get them, you had to play minigame were, while fun, annoying after a while and at high level asked SSJ level of reflex.

Friendly reminder that I love Blaziken. And Linoon. And Gardevoir (and not for those reasons.) :p

With Pokemon Sun/Moon, everything is just so much simplier. Heck, even the pension is simplier and better ! Everything is simplier and better.

I came to the battle tree, it was hard , but.... spoiler alert...

I expected to be safe, but then, there was them ! Blue and Red !

Of course being the curious and overexcited manchild, I am I choose to fight Red since I though Bluewould have been boring to fight, and boy, Red did not dissapoint. He had the same team than last time ! The second gen ! And he was strong as hell !

Now I just have to build a good team to fight my way up to the tree, if I really want to;
Oh, and and I got Magearna, she's pretty cool. Too bad she's a legendary so I won't be able to use her. Same with Sylvallie.

I have a thing for mechanical angelic humanoid creature like that. Like Gardevoir. (No, not this.kind of thing)

You mean Mareanie, Nym? I've been trying to get one of those too. lol Emerson was supposed to trade me one, but we can't get it to work.

Could be that a connection is at fault which happens sometimes which shouldn't happen now and both have to connect through the blue wave icon button.

I don't think it was posted so

tumblr_ohq2fwsdUo1r8sc3ro1_r1_540.png

Get your metal rabbit while I go off and continue to be sick

Edit: "The Mythical Pokémon Magearna is now available for North American Pokémon Sun & Moon players through a QR Code released on the official website. To get it, simply scan the QR code provided into the QR Scanner in the game and it will allow for you to go to Hau'oli City’s Mall to collect Magearna after becoming the Champion in the game. This can only be scanned once per game. It is Level 50 and comes with a Bottle Cap attached. This code does not expire. The European code is expected tomorrow."

Edit 2:

tumblr_ohsfx5HIWe1r8sc3ro1_r1_540.png

EU version

Yeah.

I just wanna pick her up already. -.-

(Only at trial 6)

You know, I replayer ORAS recently, and I can't help but think that, holy crap, I just can't realize that I haven't realized that Pokemon Amie was tedious as hell.

You couldn't change pokemon inbetween, there was thousand of pokepuffs, and get them, you had to play minigame were, while fun, annoying after a while and at high level asked SSJ level of reflex.

Friendly reminder that I love Blaziken. And Linoon. And Gardevoir (and not for those reasons.) :p

With Pokemon Sun/Moon, everything is just so much simplier. Heck, even the pension is simplier and better ! Everything is simplier and better.

I came to the battle tree, it was hard , but.... spoiler alert...

I expected to be safe, but then, there was them ! Blue and Red !

Of course being the curious and overexcited manchild, I am I choose to fight Red since I though Bluewould have been boring to fight, and boy, Red did not dissapoint. He had the same team than last time ! The second gen ! And he was strong as hell !

Now I just have to build a good team to fight my way up to the tree, if I really want to;

Oh, and and I got Magearna, she's pretty cool. Too bad she's a legendary so I won't be able to use her. Same with Sylvallie.

I have a thing for mechanical angelic humanoid creature like that. Like Gardevoir. (No, not this.kind of thing)

That the king presented to his daughter which pleased her. It looks really adorable and her ability itself is why that she is barred from all in-game facilites.

Edited by PuffPuff

I put one of my Kartana on the GTS for a Mareanie. Should be fair enough. Some people might be asking for Kartana in return for Mareanie already, but I didn't want to bother looking anymore. I've already looked a lot for reasonable trades that don't involve UBs or legendaries, and I've seen some, but I don't have the right Pokemon. And every time I go out to get the right Pokemon, those trades are done by the time I get back. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

I put one of my Kartana on the GTS for a Mareanie. Should be fair enough. Some people might be asking for Kartana in return for Mareanie already, but I didn't want to bother looking anymore. I've already looked a lot for reasonable trades that don't involve UBs or legendaries, and I've seen some, but I don't have the right Pokemon. And every time I go out to get the right Pokemon, those trades are done by the time I get back. >_>

Why I don't use GTS.

They only ask for these. It's for those who don't like cheating to get them and have missed the events. Mostly, I just trade on the forums, or friends. ;)

Edited by PuffPuff

Yeah, I think I'll request one too. Though I don't really have anything worthy to trade. I was looking to try Castform since a lot of people seem to request it, but that one seems equally hard to find. It's another SOS-only Pokemon, and for it to even be that, you need certain weather effects, which my team lacks moves for. -_-

Try Ula Ula island outside of Po Town. I think it's always raining there so Castform should show up? It isn't a specific SOS battle to any one Pokemon... it just takes a very, very long time for it to show up...

I've been breeding Castforms and putting them on GTS. Every time I get a trade. Then again I think I've been reasonable with my trades - I've gotten stuff like Almomola, Cleffa, and at one time even a Honedge. I thought Honedge was in the Pokemon dex but apparently it isn't. Whoops.

For some reason, a lot of people are still requesting impossible Pokemon, whether they're not in the dex or they can't be obtained at the requested level. Why are these people so stupid? I hope they're little kids who don't know any better.

...I've had my Kartana on the GTS for two days and still no trade for a Mareanie. Wtf. I thought you guys said the GTS was easier to get trades on now. That's not the case as far as I can see. >_>

For some reason, a lot of people are still requesting impossible Pokemon, whether they're not in the dex or they can't be obtained at the requested level. Why are these people so stupid? I hope they're little kids who don't know any better.

...I've had my Kartana on the GTS for two days and still no trade for a Mareanie. Wtf. I thought you guys said the GTS was easier to get trades on now. That's not the case as far as I can see. >_>

Considering you get 4 Kartana's in Sun, it's probably not the best mon to choose.

I looked up Kartanas and I can't seem to find a Kartana asking for Mareanie.

Considering you get 4 Kartana's in Sun, it's probably not the best mon to choose.

Sure it's a good Pokemon to choose. It's a Sun-exclusive UB and several people were requesting it for Pokemon like Mareanie when I was looking for a trade.

But since I felt like I had no choice but to try fishing up Corsola to summon one again, I did that, and after almost running out of False Swipe uses, a Mareanie finally showed up and I caught it.

Edited by Anacybele

Out of the four Version Exclusives Ultra Beasts, Kartana is actually the least desired one in the GTS.

You will have an easier time wih Buzzwole.

I personally found that the fossil pokemon were great to use on the GTS. They're even breedable, so trading them is no issue.

How do you get fossil Pokemon though? One of the caves on Poke Pelago?

How do you get fossil Pokemon though? One of the caves on Poke Pelago?

You can buy two from Olivia's shop in Konikoni, behind the person who sells evolution stones. You get tirtouga and cranidos if you're playing Sun, and archen and shieldon if you're playing Moon.

Edited by Samias