Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Ah, I see. Glad to know that too. I also keep meaning to ask if Alolan Raichu learns some Psychic type moves by level up since it gains the Psychic type upon evolving from Pikachu, despite using a stone to evolve. It still uses the Thunder Stone too, doesn't it? I need to know just when I should use the Thunder Stone, and where to find one, for that matter...

Alola Raichu will try to learn Psychic from the moment it evolves regardless of level, it also doesn't learn any moves by level up.

You can find a Thunderstone in Route 8 which is in the second island. So you're close to it.

I would wait to evolve Pikachu until it learns Discharge at level 34.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alola Raichu will try to learn Psychic from the moment it evolves regardless of level, it also doesn't learn any moves by level up.

You can find a Thunderstone in Route 8 which is in the second island. So you're close to it.

I would wait to evolve Pikachu until it learns Discharge at level 34.

Pikachu no longer learns Thunderbolt by level up? Bummer. But Discharge is nice too, thanks!

Also, lol the "Masked Royal." That was definitely

Kukui. XD He had the same beard, same skin tone, says "woo!" all the time, and he knew about mine and Hau's island challenge. I love Kukui! This was just hilarious lol.

I also love Rotom Dex! He referenced Shaggy from Scooby Doo! He said "Zoinks!" earlier, haha.

Edited by Anacybele

Pikachu no longer learns Thunderbolt by level up? Bummer. But Discharge is nice too, thanks!

Also, lol the "Masked Royal." That was definitely

Kukui. XD He had the same beard, same skin tone, says "woo!" all the time, and he knew about mine and Hau's island challenge. I love Kukui! This was just hilarious lol.

I also love Rotom Dex! He referenced Shaggy from Scooby Doo! He said "Zoinks!" earlier, haha.

Pikachu only learns Thunderbolt at Level 42, which is a little too late.

Besides, you can find the Thunderbolt TM later.

Yeah and the Thunderbolt TM is postgame.

Also Zydog is so good in game. It's got a low enough BST (484) that I don't feel bad about using it, but you can get Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed and Thousand Arrows right away on it. It cleans house!

So far into the game, I can say that Su/Mo has:

- my favorite villain

- my favorite villainous team

- my least favorite professor

- my second least favorite starters

- my favorite region

- my least favorite Champion

- my favorite story

Yeah, but if I can use a Thunderbolt TM on it instead, I'll do that. I really want an adorable Alolan Raichu. It's super cute! Waaaay cuter than regular Raichu.

I caught a Cubone I'm satisfied with! It has the same nature as Philippe the Mudbray, actually. lol So it'll be a physical tank just like it. I hope Alolan Marowak can get Fire Punch or Flare Blitz or some kind of good physical Fire move. Maybe a unique one that's a variation of Bone Club? That guy looks super awesome as well!

I'm glad this one is fine too, the little twat kept calling for help and making it so problematic to even throw a ball at it!

I have six Pokemon in my team now, but I'll swap out Pokemon later when I get more. I still want Bounsweet and Alolan Vulpix too.

- my least favorite Champion

But (I do not suggest to open it unless you have followed the datamine leaks thread and/or you haven't finished the game)

isn't the player himself the Champion while Kukui is just a challenger? Because in that case it means that you are your least favorite champion. Or am I missing something?

But (I do not suggest to open it unless you have followed the datamine leaks thread and/or you haven't finished the game)

isn't the player himself the Champion while Kukui is just a challenger? Because in that case it means that you are your least favorite champion. Or am I missing something?

Kukui is the champion in everything but name.

Wow, Mudbray's amazing vs the Totem Salazzle! Bulldoze knocked out both it and its partner at the same time after Philippe hung on by a hair from being hit with Flame Burst and poison. I definitely recommend this Pokemon for this trial!

True, but controlling the body is all about electrical impulses, and it looks like a jellyfish. I just thought it would've been a swell combo. It's too bad the other Ultra Beasts didn't have unique combinations; that would've been cooler, but hey, UB-01 is my favorite, so at least that's something.

When does this happen?

Another point in favor of a third version of the game being needed, I guess.

[spoiler=From the Story text dump]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Text File : 267

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wh-what are you kids doing in here?! Don’t touch anything with your grimy hands!

This research is our life! I don’t care if you’re a kid or what. I’ll send you flying if you threaten it!

I may be an expert at studying Pokémon, but I’m no expert when it comes to battling them.

But the guys in Lab A next door... They’re pretty experienced with battles. After all, they spent so long researching that uncontrollable Pokémon...

Hey. Focus, people. Where’re Lillie and Cosmog?[VAR 0114(0007)]

We may have lost, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to help you. I’m not telling you anything.

She’s not here, is she? Even you can see that.

Come on, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! Let’s split up and look around. Maybe we’ll find some clue![VAR 0114(0007)]

Come on, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! At least help me look around, would ya?[VAR 0114(0007)]

Aether Report: Ultra Wormholes Beyond the Ultra Wormholes that Professor Mohn discovered lies a different dimension. By investigating the changes in mass there, we can predict the existence of Pokémon-like life. We have dubbed them Ultra Beasts for now.

Aether Report: Cosmog Cosmog is hypothesized to be a type of Ultra Beast that hails from another dimension. A dimension that we have named Ultra Space. When placed under sufficient stress, it reveals the power to create and open Ultra Wormholes in order to escape from its suffering. We are now working on a device that will allow us to manipulate the Ultra Wormholes created when Cosmog is subjected to extreme stress...

Wait... So Cosmog might be an Ultra Beast?[VAR 0114(0007)]

We should tell Gladion about this![VAR 0114(0007)]

Mohn (the Pelago Guy) also shares Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine's hair and eye color (he's tanner though).

The implication is Mohn went missing during his Ultra Beast studies, and passing worlds made him lose a lot of his memories (like Anabel and ORAS!Looker). When he wound up back in the mega-verse, he settled down looking after Pelago being completely unaware of how his family's suffering

Edited by Glaceon Mage

[spoiler=From the Story text dump]

Mohn (the Pelago Guy) also shares Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine's hair and eye color (he's tanner though).

The implication is Mohn went missing during his Ultra Beast studies, and passing worlds made him lose a lot of his memories (like Anabel and ORAS!Looker). When he wound up back in the mega-verse, he settled down looking after Pelago being completely unaware of how his family's suffering

Exciting stuff! That'd be pretty dark if that were the case, but I doubt the Pelago guy would become important in a third version though, although it's not a necessity by any means.

On a separate note entirely, does anyone else here feel confused by the Festival Plaza? I wanted to try using the facilities but apparently I had to come back tomorrow, even though I hadn't used them today. I also just found out they increase in efficiency with use, and do not upgrade because of the Plaza's rank, which surprised me a lot.

Also, can't you add and remove structures at will? I don't know what to remove when a new building is introduced because I don't know if I can replace it.

I really need to level up that café somehow so I can reset EV's, but since I can't use it, I don't know how to go about doing that.

might I ask what the problem is?

I may be able to assist

No, there's nothing you can do. I technically can continue if I want, but there's no way I'm going to do what I would need to to move on. It would be WAY too much work. I simply screwed myself over and I feel really stupid about it. All but one of my team is either weak to Grass types or ineffective against them. I thought my Trumbeak would be enough to clear Mallow's trial, but it got beat easily. A battle in this game should not be THAT difficult. Why does this Lurantis have a healing move, a Power Herb, a physical version of Solarbeam, AND a Castform partner that uses Sunny Day? That's way overkill. Speaking of which, this game's difficulty is the dumbest I've ever seen. It's all over the place. One important battle is kind of hard, then the next is super easy, and then the next is extremely hard and the pattern continues like this.

The easiest solution here would be to evolve my Cubone, but I don't think it evolves until lv. 28 and it's only lv. 24 or 25. I'm not going to go back and catch a Magby or Salandit, I don't want either of them at all, especially when it wouldn't have been long until I got an Alolan Marowak for my Fire type after this trial.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah that trial is really hard. I had a feeling that's what happened.

The good news is that it's by far the hardest fight in the game.

I would head to the PokeMart and stock up on those X items. They were the only way I beat the fight (my team was Brionne/Wishiwashi/Butterfree/Cutiefly/Cubone/Stufful).

I don't use X items. I think they're bad because they take up a whole turn to use. And when that Lurantis's speed is already ridiculous thanks to the boost it gets at the beginning, you don't want to waste turns here. And besides, the last Pokemon Center I was at didn't have those items.

Edited by Anacybele

You too huh...

Let me guess, it was a trainer with a Garbodor?

And even the Wild Pokemon in the area are of higher level than your Pokemon?

Also, considering you just got to the fourth island, that means you just battle a certain someone

Lusamine and Guzma right?

Tell what did you think of their battles? Were they easy or hard?

Yes actually, the garbodor wasnt much of a problem but the toxapex... I thought it was going to be game over lol.

and the wild pokemon are at my level. At least i think, only had 1 wild battle

I found Guzma rather easy, but that is partly because my Lycanroc killed most of the things with ease while also outspeeding them.

Lusamine was interesting. Its the first battle i had where both me and the NPC were constantly switching pokemon. It was rather fun actually lol. I kept switching to A-marowak because i thought her pink head bear was going to fuck me over, but eventually I killed everything else between switches.

Edited by SlayerX

If I could offer one piece of advice for the Lurantis fight (no idea if it's different between Sun/Moon but)

Try to status the Lurantis with like Poison/Burn/Paralysis turn 1 and then stall

then just go for it I think

Another question: where would you guys grind for EXP post Elite Four? I would challenge it again, but seeing as I have two Pokémon below level 30 and my other ones aren't strong enough to handle the league on their own, I'm unsure of how I should go about this the best way.

At least I've got the Power items now, so I've at least EV trained my 'mons correctly. Baby steps.

I don't use X items. I think they're bad because they take up a whole turn to use. And when that Lurantis's speed is already ridiculous thanks to the boost it gets at the beginning, you don't want to waste turns here.

They aren't bad. They're actually the equivalent of a Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Agility now. It's definitely not a waste of turns, unless you think using boosting attacks is a waste of a turn.

Use an X Defense on your Trumbeak on the first turn. You'll halve the damage of Solar Blade. After enough X Defense, the only way you'll lose is if he crits or you run out of healing items.

It's actually a really slow Pokemon too; only slightly faster than Snorlax without the boost.

I wasn't a fan of X items either until I realized using them was the only way I'd be able to finish the game.

Try to status the Lurantis with like Poison/Burn/Paralysis turn 1 and then stall

then just go for it I think

The only team member I have that has status-inflicting moves/abilities is Jaq the Pikachu (he has Static and Thunder Wave). I doubt he'll be able to get even one move in since his def is terrible, but I suppose it's worth a try.

One question though, do I have to repeat the whole trial? Or do I go straight back to the Lurantis battle? Having to redo the whole trial was another thing I didn't want to go through. Not that I hated it or anything, I just don't want to do it all again. It kinda took awhile to find those ingredients.

Edited by Anacybele

Another question: where would you guys grind for EXP post Elite Four? I would challenge it again, but seeing as I have two Pokémon below level 30 and my other ones aren't strong enough to handle the league on their own, I'm unsure of how I should go about this the best way.

At least I've got the Power items now, so I've at least EV trained my 'mons correctly. Baby steps.

Do power items stop you from getting the wild pokemon EVs if they don't match? For example, if i want Speed evs and hunt a wild chancey with the power item equipped, do i still get HP EV's as well?

On a separate note entirely, does anyone else here feel confused by the Festival Plaza? I wanted to try using the facilities but apparently I had to come back tomorrow, even though I hadn't used them today. I also just found out they increase in efficiency with use, and do not upgrade because of the Plaza's rank, which surprised me a lot.

Did you change your 3DS system clock or start up the game in a different system? That makes the time-sensitive events lock down for 24 hours.

Also, can't you add and remove structures at will? I don't know what to remove when a new building is introduced because I don't know if I can replace it.

Unfortunately I don't think you can, unless it unlocks at a higher plaza level.

They aren't bad. They're actually the equivalent of a Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Agility now. It's definitely not a waste of turns, unless you think using boosting attacks is a waste of a turn.

Use an X Defense on your Trumbeak on the first turn. You'll halve the damage of Solar Blade. After enough X Defense, the only way you'll lose is if he crits or you run out of healing items.

It's actually a really slow Pokemon too; only slightly faster than Snorlax without the boost.

I wasn't a fan of X items either until I realized using them was the only way I'd be able to finish the game.

Yeah, and I'm not a fan of using status moves either because they take up your turn. On occasion I use them when I know my Pokemon can take a hit, but in this case, my Pokemon can't afford to take a hit. And like I said before, I can't access X items right now. The nearest Pokemon Center/Pokemart doesn't have them.

It's not a slow Pokemon at all. If it outspeeds my fastest Pokemon, Trumbeak, who has a pretty high speed stat, it's hardly slow.

Edited by Anacybele

Did you change your 3DS system clock or start up the game in a different system? That makes the time-sensitive events lock down for 24 hours.

Unfortunately I don't think you can, unless it unlocks at a higher plaza level.

Ah! I did change my Japanese 3DS' time, which was still running on Japanese time after all this time simply because it didn't affect my games in any way, so I never bothered changing it. Thanks a bunch, my friend!

Wait, what!? So if I were to remove an inflatable castle, I wouldn't be able to rebuild it? They don't even explain what the new structures do when they're introduced! Boy am I glad I didn't touch the café, since it seems to be the only way to fix your Pokémon EV's. I can't believe they'd let you sacrifice such important structures for shit like cloth dying.

Do power items stop you from getting the wild pokemon EVs if they don't match? For example, if i want Speed evs and hunt a wild chancey with the power item equipped, do i still get HP EV's as well?

I honestly don't know, I'm afraid. I avoided that happening like the plague since I finally have two Pokémon with good natures, so I wanted to train them properly and actually get two Pokémon I can use online.

Now to fix my Silvally's messed up EV's somehow...

Edited by Thane