Pre-orchestral songs you most want to see redone

So now that Fire Emblem has totally moved past the use of midis for both its console and handheld games, I got to thinking: there are a lot of awesome songs from the older games in the series that are hampered by poor instrument quality, especially in the GBA era where the instruments were particularly weak and in my opinion lacked the power to deliver true intensity. So I thought I'd ask everyone which songs they'd personally most want to see remade, either in a remake of the game it was in or just thrown into a future game in the series.

I'll go first, and I have quite a few:

1: Player Phase 1 -- Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light.

I absolutely love this. It's upbeat, catchy as hell, strangely adorable and yet also strangely heroic. I'm shocked that they replaced it with a weird knockoff of the song that wasn't anywhere near as good for both the SNES remake and the DS remake. I'd love to see this remade in a modern Fire Emblem game.

2: Together, We Ride! -- Various

https://youtu.be/xag92jwdnv0?t=1m24s

It's occurred to me that while this has appeared in multiple fire emblem games, none of them were the ones with full orchestra music. Self explanatory, honestly, it's one of the most iconic songs in the series. While Smash's version did it plenty of justice, I'm still curious to see how an actual fire emblem game would tackle this song.

3: The Prince's Despair -- Sacred Stones

Sacred Stones had some of my favorite music in the series, and looking back on it I feel the instruments and staticky quality don't do it justice. This is one of my favorite boss themes in the series, or it would be if the instruments weren't holding it back.

4: Truth, Despair, and Hope -- Sacred Stones

Holy mother of all the gods. I almost want the next fire emblem game to be a Sacred Stones remake for the sole reason of seeing #3 and this one redone. More importantly still, I want them to cut the normal battle theme because it's really lame and repetitive, and just make (Ablaze) versions of all the map themes. 1:00 in would be absolutely astonishing ablazified.

5: Theme of Seliph -- Genealogy of the Holy War

Easily the most beautiful song in the entire series, I'd love to see this orchestrated. I have no further words, just listen to it.

6: A Clash of Two Virtues -- Shadow Dragon

Of all the songs on my list, this one is the least in need of a remake, probably because it's the most recent, but still, this is one of the best boss themes in the series and I'd love to see what could be done with it with a full orchestra and a real electric guitar.

My first thought was A Hero's Destiny, but I'd also like to see all of FE4, all of FE2, Advance, and Forbidden Sanctuary.

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

Path of the Divine Generals (FE6)

Reminiscence (FE7)

Shaman in the Dark (FE6)

Everything into the Dark (FE7)

Battle for Whose Sake (FE6)

The Last Dragon (FE6)

Campaign of Fire (FE7)

Truth, Despair, and Hope (FE8)

Rise Above (FE8)

Determination (FE8)

Land of Promise (FE8)

Lyon (FE8)

Return of the Demon King (FE8)

The Prince's Despair (FE8)

Doors of Destiny (FE4)

Crossing the Desert (FE4)

Light Inheritor (FE4)

Confront Arvis (FE4)

...Yeah, it's a lot. Mainly from the GBA era.

Edit 8:26pmEST 3/2/16 More

Dragon's Gate II (FE7)

Distant Travels (FE7)

Inescapable Fate (FE7)

Edited by Glaceon Mage

All of FE4's OST

Gaiden's OST.

(Also, FE3/12 spoilers.....just to be safe)

Hardin's theme from FE3/12, that's a boss theme that doesn't get enough love IMO. Well, other than a VERY brief remix in Codename S.T.E.A.M

Edited by Bullwine85

Most of the above suggestions are pieces, not songs. Just FYI.

Anyway, the Tellius soundtracks. The older games have a MIDI quality that I'm not a fan of, but I'd gotten used to. It didn't really hinder my appreciation for the composition and scoring of those pieces. The Tellius game came out in an era when the norm was to take a digital MIDI arrangement and apply instrument samples to them... only the samples are so earshatteringly bad and of such low fidelity that I physically cringe when listening to the 4-disc soundtracks from each.

Shameless plug, though: I'm giving away the Path of Radiance Premium Soundtrack at the moment. Link in sig! :)

Edited by christianponte