Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

I'm tired of waiting for Mitsuki to post. Holding off on the parts of my reply that are relevant to her, but going to elaborate more on my issues with Clarinets.

Basically, this is the best phase for scum to aim after me. If we mislynch, I'm confirmed town the next day (and if Izhuark doesn't Bodyguard said confirmed town, then he'd be confirmed scum). If we lynch correctly, chances are it'll make me good anyways and harder to mislynch. Clarinets' portion about me bothered me because it's basically fearmongering w/o offering his actual thoughts on me. If I'm scum and we mislynch, scum wins. If I'm town and we lynch me, then it's basically the EXACT SAME SITUATION tomorrow. This is why I'm fine if people think I'm scum because then I am literally the best possible lynch for them but it annoys the hell out of me when he's like "well regardless of Refa's alignment, Refa is definitely a safe lynch you guys".

Scum could have just NK'd me and saved me the hassle but none of the other lynch options have the risk free "this is a safe lynch for town" that my role does. I mean, it's pretty easy to say "if we don't lynch Refa today, we could possibly LOSE the game" and I was honestly surprised more people didn't mention that earlier (didn't mention it myself until it became relevant because fuck dealing w/that stress).

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His scans are useless (self proclaimed), so there's no point keeping him alive just for that

wait when did he say that? he just said that he doesn' tknow what his sanity is, not that it doesn't do anything. I assumed cop-scan means alignment cop (Clarinets confirm pls?) since that's... pretty much all that makes sense.

fwiw it also seems like a dick move to lynch clarinets when he can't post in-thread to defend himself but i guess he can shout angrily via PM to someone if he needs messages relayed (not me, i'm vanishing remember?)

Clarinets - your self-watch, is it an entirely separate ability to your self-kidnapping? Did you self-watch?

it annoys the hell out of me when he's like "well regardless of Refa's alignment, Refa is definitely a safe lynch you guys".

this is not exactly what clarinets said to me; that was me adding my own reasoning (which i promptly found that i disagreed with tbh so maybe i shouldn't have)

If we mislynch, I'm confirmed town the next day (and if Izhuark doesn't Bodyguard said confirmed town, then he'd be confirmed scum).

actually wait i don't get this part at all can you explain it to me

Powers back so before I jump into iso's just wanna talk about a few posts.

lmao

IMO scum killed Shin and SB killed Blitz. SB would have nothing to fear from a Dayvig after I gave him BPV, (it would only hasten his wincon), so there's no reason for him to kill that role. Killing Blitz makes sense, because it'd be one of the only ways he'd get lynched. This is actually another reason that I'm suspicious of Kirsche (it kind of uh slipped my mind, I'm good at this game), because the only reason I can see for mafia going for Dayvig over Tracker is 1) they assumed the SK would kill tracker (moderately skilled scum player required) or 2) They had nothing to fear from the Tracker.

Two of things of note in the bolded. First who in this game do you think would make this assumption. Of course it's easy for us to look at the decision given the flips and with the understanding that there is an SK, information which the maf team would have, if we chose to believe SB which I do. Now it makes sense for us to assume SB would shoot blitz, ie the tracker, given that he was bullet proof and had nothing to fear from the day vig. However remember at the time it makes no sense for mafia to assume that tracker would pose a larger threat to the SK than the dayvig, therefore the mafia team would be faced with a situation where there is roughly a 50% chance that they would kill the same target, though personally I would've idled the kill if I were scum, regardless of SK or mafia simply to create misinformation and confusion.

Now to get to the actually important part of this whole speel, the scum team should be more concerned with the tracker than the dayvig for the simple reason that the dayvig can potentially kill one member, but he only has one shot at this, where as tracker can consistently fuck over scum, with unlimited uses. That is unless we go by the second important part of the bolded, in which if I'm reading your post correctly you are insinuating that scum killed dayvig because they had nothing to fear of the tracker, which would imply that the ninja is on the scum team, which means that cam is scum.

I'M THE BEST

(I'm pretty sure most of my posts are just one liners w/not that much substance behind them though)

Anyways, I read Randa's [sortKey]=date&cType=topic&cId=53827&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_term=&search_app=forums]Shovel Knight ISO and my thoughts were "how the hell did we not lynch him on D1". Those are my thoughts about him in this game as well!

But yeah, why do you want to lynch those three people in particular?

Also I've seen Izhuark as well and he's definitely been online enough to talk about EiMM and do stuff in that which is what's bothering me about him. Not sure if I'd rather lynch him or Randa, though...I think I'd go for Izhuark because Randa comes across as more genuine in his latest posts.

When was the last time you didn't have this thought process lol.

Also when was the last time I was town, Tynes wear?

Now I'm going to go through iso's and then vote.

well, if we mislynch then it'd be GAME OVER if i was scum so there'd be no reason for him to not bodyguard confirmed town

@Cam

Yeah, I know that he's an Alignment Cop (of sorts). What I mean is that his role useless in the context of this game. Like look at the numbers.

GAME START

11/3/1

DAY ONE (ends on a mislynch and a mass roleblock)

10/3/1

DAY TWO (ends on a scum lynch, Clarinets gains OC)

8/2/1 (Clarinets cannot vote)

DAY THREE (ends on a scum lynch, Clarinets gains one set of results)

6/1/1

DAY FOUR (ends on an SK lynch, Clarinets gains OC)

5/1

DAY FIVE (ends on a town lynch, Clarinets gains conclusive results, only they're useless because it's MYLO)

3/1

I was going to write an explanation here (keep in mind that the scum lynches could be replaced w/mislynches and crossfire in the night phase) but what the hell, Clarinets' claimed role is so incredibly useless that it actually makes me mad just thinking about it. Actually...if Clarinets' role was intended to be a functional vanilla, I can kind of see it being a thing? I need to think about this, but would like some additional thoughts here.

i was about to make a post saying that izhu could intercept the kill and save the day which would mean that it isn't game over and then remembered that he dies too if that happens

yeah but we also got the SK super early and there's been no crossfire like he has an almost 50-50 shot at hitting scum if he scans tonight

which, tbh, in LYLO i'll take

actually i wouldn't even be salty about losing to scum!refa this game

well considering how spread out the votes are, if i was scum i would have probably been able to quickhammer by now and win

Izhuark, what do you make of all this?

what is all of this ? you mean refa's post ? because if it's the case i don't understand it at all.

If this is your advices they were really helpful thank you.

I'm still reading mitsuki's iso by the way and will respond to your question as soon as possible.

yeah but we also got the SK super early and there's been no crossfire like he has an almost 50-50 shot at hitting scum if he scans tonight

which, tbh, in LYLO i'll take

i don't get this?

Randa, I'm implying that Kirsche is scum, not Cam.

Kirsche doesn't make sense as scum unless mafia predicted the mass hook. I wish Kirsche was scum because it would be an easy lynch on scum, because theres no reason for scum to risk getting interrupted or caught. Since Kirsche is aesetic the kill would've gone through night 2, since Kirsche is the only person who wouldn't be effected it becomes an easy lynch and town would get rid of one of the more dangerous scum roles.

^^Then Kirsche would be in a 1v1 w/Izhuark and that's only if Ascetic is impervious to Mass Hooks.

Last issue regarding Clarinets. Why would Town!Clarinets not use his overcomplicated cop role on N1?

i don't get this?

the numbers work out to make clarinets useless in a best case scenario which is that we lynch a fuckton of scum. meanwhile, in this game, which has thus far been a scum sweep, it's significantly more likely that clarinets will hit scum (and therefore will have something to contribute in *YLO)

Last issue regarding Clarinets. Why would Town!Clarinets not use his overcomplicated cop role on N1?

smh this is what i can't figure out

clarinets you can talk through me (for now) if you need to although i don't know how much longer i'll be on

Also cam why the change on your read on, you were scum reading me for the majority of day 1 and voice you would have no problem lynching me in post 281, and yet without me doing anything significant to impact reads on me in a positive nature you were town reading me at the start of the phase, and now you have me listed as one of your scum reads again. Why the flip flopping what caused these changes?