Using the WayBack Machine on Serenes

CooledEvergreen

For people who don't know, the WayBack Machine allows you to visit websites as how they looked on certain dates in the past. Using the WayBack Machine, I visited the Serenes Forest Forum on the earliest date I could get, which was the 19th of January 2008. For anyone interested seeing this for themselves, here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20080119012959/http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?act=idx.

Serenes looked quite different back then, it looks like a lot like other forums that I've seen (guessing that is the standard forum skin or something?), and I see that it was strictly FE back then, other than FFTF. I only recognize a handful of people as well.

And there this the question of did a member make this screenshot? And is he/she still around?

Edited by CooledEvergreen

• 2 weeks later...

Serenes looked quite different back then, it looks like a lot like other forums that I've seen (guessing that is the standard forum skin or something?), and I see that it was strictly FE back then, other than FFTF. I only recognize a handful of people as well.

It was an older version of IPB.

My god, it didn't have Serious Discussion? What madness is this? Where will I go to inform anyone who will listen (and most probably a good deal of people who won't) how great monarchy is?

My god, it didn't have Serious Discussion? What madness is this? Where will I go to inform anyone who will listen (and most probably a good deal of people who won't) how great monarchy is?

The great part of early SF was arguing about everything in every topic. Drama was a plentiful resource back in the day!

Fascinating. I'm gonna guess the visuals changed not that soon after (well, speaking in months or so), since I do remember the first time I saw this place still in 2008 (admitedly in December) and it already was more or less like how it looks now.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, but I do know it was December 2008...

jesus you were 7

what you were probably informing people of is how girls have cooties and how you shat your pants in front of jessica

i think ive said too much