What in Fire Emblem: Fates did you find the most unintentionally humorous(Spoilers)

Locke087

I have been replaying Conquest recently around Chapter 12 and seeing Garon literately do a evil laugh in front of Iago to the point that Iago was taken aback, it made me laugh so hard. Garon is just so ridiculously stupidly evil that I just can't help but laugh.

Also Hinoka's S support need some sort of special podium for best unintentional humor ever...

Hinoka: No really we're not related at all, I have a paper here from mom that proves it, this not contrived I swear. It's completely okay to marry your sister-in-law, mom says so...

Corrin: Sure, I have done worse things with even stupider excuses... Why not...

So what fates has been so stupid that you actually laughed at it.

Edited by Locke087

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm honestly having a hard time rationalising this as a "salt thread". i mean, the point is dumb stuff that people like or find amusing because of its dumbness

while i haven't played the game, there's the deeprealms thing. sure, it makes no sense whatsoever, but how am i supposed to hold it against the game? the cutscene where they explain it is basically one long wink, as if intsys is saying "look, we get it. you want babies and you don't care whether the plot has anything to do with them. here, have babies. don't think too hard about them"

Sorry it if I upset you guys didn't mean to... I just wanted to shed a positive light on negative aspects of the story and maybe get a laugh or two. I don't really see how this will become a salt thread it is just a thread for laughs...

Edited by Locke087

When you're known for constantly complaining (and this thread counts), you're going to get this sort of response. If you want to change that reputation of yours, change your posting habits (for example, instead of posting things you don't like, give someone a hand with pairings).

EDIT: This goes for several of you.

Edited by eclipse

Sorry it if I upset you guys didn't mean to... I just wanted to shed a positive light on negative aspects of the story and maybe get a laugh or two. I don't really see how this will become a salt thread it is just a thread for laughs...

Naw, don't take it the wrong way. I just think we should keep conversations discussing story elements in some of the topics already open. Or at least word your topic in a way that it sounds less spiteful (even if you genuinely find parts so bad it's funny).

The part in Conquest where Azura shows you the crystal ball, it breaks conveniently so you don't have physical proof of Garon being a slime daddy. Then, she proceeds to tell you that you have to conquer Hoshido to prove to your siblings that Garon is a slime daddy.

Also

When dumb ass f*ck Corrinmui couldn't tell it was Azura in the black dress when all she had was a sheer mask.

Those were my favorite moments.

Naw, don't take it the wrong way. I just think we should keep conversations discussing story elements in some of the topics already open. Or at least word your topic in a way that it sounds less spiteful (even if you genuinely find parts so bad it's funny).

How is this title?

Also thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it I will try to be more generally positive my threads.

How is this title?

Also thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it I will try to be more generally positive my threads.

Good!

For my unintentionally humorous moment, it was in Birthright right after you fight Camilla, Leo shows up and start mouthing off and out of nowhere

Ryoma ninja's in wearing full plate mail and ganks the smug bastard.

Best entrance ever.

Any of the underaged characters "I'm technically not jailbait" lines also sends my sides into orbit.

Edited by NekoKnight

Any of the underaged characters "I'm technically not jailbait" lines also sends my sides into orbit.

I'm going to have to second this. I realize the localizers hands are tied, but it really comes across as a desperate "no no it's okay we swear!"

And what I consider the worst line in Fire Emblem: Ryouma talking about how he was jealous about Corrin's kingly attributes when the latter was around four years old.

I'm going to have to second this. I realize the localizers hands are tied, but it really comes across as a desperate "no no it's okay we swear!"

And what I consider the worst line in Fire Emblem: Ryouma talking about how he was jealous about Corrin's kingly attributes when the latter was around four years old.

I don't recall that, could you tell me where he said that?

Also, I'm going to have to go with this:

Midori: "OK... I was out in the forest, collecting some herbs, and some kids came up to me. They asked where my parents were, and then laughed when I said I was an adult."

Oh Midori, we're all laughing at you...

Edited by Phillius

I don't recall that, could you tell me where he said that?

Also, I'm going to have to go with this:

Midori: "OK... I was out in the forest, collecting some herbs, and some kids came up to me. They asked where my parents were, and then laughed when I said I was an adult."

Oh Midori, we're all laughing at you...

Before chapter 16, when he talks with Yukimura about leaving to join Corrin. Here's a link: https://youtu.be/gtjuhIvxS3Y?t=130

Like...how old do they want us to believe Midoriko is? In Japan they seem to treat her like a 10-year-old and in the US she's, what, 18?

Before chapter 16, when he talks with Yukimura about leaving to join Corrin. Here's a link: https://youtu.be/gtjuhIvxS3Y?t=130

Like...how old do they want us to believe Midoriko is? In Japan they seem to treat her like a 10-year-old and in the US she's, what, 18?

Oh my God, the cringe...still, could be worse.

4581331-kid+itachi.png

Using Naruto is cheating.

...But holy shit, I remember those people who'd worship Itachi. I can't believe how a series messes up that much.

In-universe or fanbase?

Anyway, I'm changing my answer to the Ryoma praise as well. That's just...I have no words for how much I laughed.

Garon in general is giving off a funny vibe that I don't think he was supposed to. I'm sure he's supposed to come off as a terrifying dictator but when the intro chapters were shown at E3 all I did was chuckle and laugh about just how quickly and how often Garon threatened to murder people. It came off a bit silly. That and his habit of doing evil laughs and saying he's evil when people are close enough to hear him just gives me the impression that Garon is very close to an abridged parody villain.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

It's a wonder 4 year old Kamui didn't thwart his own kidnapping. This kid is a legend.

I really want to see art of Kamui, wearing a diaper and food-stained t-shirt, stacking blocks and have Ryouma looking onward with a shocked expression "I knew at that moment, he had the makings of a king."

Edited by NekoKnight

It's a wonder 4 year old Kamui didn't thwart his own kidnapping. This kid is a legend.

Right? It's a wonder all that charisma didn't make Garon repent and become a monk in a secluded cloister.

I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. Clearly, all four-to-seven year old children are amongst the wisest and most charismatic individuals you will ever meet, especially one like Corrin who should be worshiped as Gods for their knowledge and insight.

Huh, looks like I missed a medication dose. Back in a minute guys!

Conquest Spoilers:

Lilith's death quickly went into this territory as soon as I thought of a certain scene: "This can't be happening... there's no reason to go on. What... WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR???!!!"

Edited by The DanMan

I have another one. I know S supports probably deserve their own category for unintentional hilarity, but Kamui x Camilla's C-S deserves a special mention. The first three supports are about Kamui being really weirded about about Camilla's not quite...sisterly behavior, the S support has him decide "Whelp, if you're going to continue to be so overbearing and creepy, I guess we should just getting married, social consequences be damned."

I still ship them because some supports hint at a really interesting character for Camilla that we don't see in the main story.

[spoiler=I'd her horns. If you know what I mean]

tumblr_noews96y6G1s6lheyo1_1280.jpg

Conquest Spoilers:

Lilith's death quickly went into this territory as soon as I thought of a certain scene: "This can't be happening... there's no reason to go on. What... WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR???!!!"

Alas, that scene wasn't similarly voice acted.

When dumb ass f*ck Corrinmui couldn't tell it was Azura in the black dress when all she had was a sheer mask.

Those were my favorite moments.

to be fair if I had a balcony seat I wouldnt know my own mother if she were on a stage in something she never wore.