Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 2

Shin

"Hm?" Owen didn't recognize the girl that had spoken up about inspecting the building, but at this point he was beyond questioning the new faces in his group --she was probably part of the Reliants or whatnot. "Very well, you do that. And... Mister Serge, right?" He turned to the young mercenary, his eyes lingering for a moment. He had been updated on the Reliant's situation and new command, but to think that such a young man had been given the title... The prince had his reservations, hoping the man's shoulders wouldn't crumble under the weight. "I'll leave you and your crew to aid the captain, along with Baron Angus and Sir Doug. Good luck to you." Hopefully, being under two able nobles --one being a former Reliants, even-- would lift some of his pressure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"She is a noble" Emmet said to the stranger with some confusion. "Her name is Lady Charlotte Montana of Raewald."

Parting ways with the stranger, Emmet approached Serge. "I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn there Sergeant" he said. "I meant what I said however. I want to assist Malaphar and Lady Adele but I will go where you need me to be. You are my commander."

Angus deposits Heather Shield!

Angus withdraws Gattling Bow!

---

The young Baron Kearney keeps his eyes away from Malaphar as the announcements trail off, chasing one warrior after another with his gaze. Everything appeared par for the course, but Owen managed to catch Angus' ear. [Well, looks like I've got Doug an' Serge with me. Th'rest of those new Reliants as well. That'll do, I bet.] He claps Doug on the shoulder--if what he knew about Serge's crew was right, something in the mooncalf's possession was best used elsewhere.

In what must have been a stroke of absolutely divine providence, Angus found Scuttle alone, the other archer having only recently departed. He taps her roughly on the shoulder with the unwieldy thing, waggling it slightly once she turned around.

"Ho there, Scuttle!" Angus extends his arm, offering the strange bow he had picked up not long ago. "I didn' see you miss a shot t'day. Think you c'n handle a beast like this?" His own beast sniffs Scuttle's boots, tongue extended towards a sand-covered stain. An interposing hand promptly coerces the cub back a step; it wouldn't do for him to take to that taste!

---

Angus gives Scuttle the Gattling Bow!

Edited by Terrador

"I see, that's a sound plan then," he nodded. "I do hope you and yours will return safely, Prince Owen. It wouldn't do well for me to arrive in Raewald without the Queen's honorable guest in tow. Though I do suspect that shan't be a problem, considering," he said, his eyes on Malaphar as he spoke. It wouldn't do well for Prince Owen to meet his demise here, in the company of Raewalden diplomats. It could put quite a damper on negotiations with Wyke, that's for certain.

Alain bit his tongue, chewing nervously at the flesh. Now that he thought about it, what were the chances that this Malaphar character wasn't a spy or an assassin from Deira tasked with intercepting the prince. There was no way to confirm or deny his suspicions, so he'd have to simply pray for the prince's safe journey. "By your leave then," he said, getting up from his seat and leaving the meeting chamber. Now was as good a time as any to do some exploring to find a place to rest. He had some praying to do, after all.