Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 2

Shin

Angus groans softly--it at least looked as if Claire was alright after being tossed face-first into a pegasus. Perhaps battered and bruised, but in good enough health to roast Angus' arse over an open fire after the battle, at least. [Well, what's one more girl with half a mind to kill me, after all the rest?] Baron Kearney pauses for a moment, the lull in battle all too tempting. Those two... still moving well, crimson or not. Doug and Claire would be more than capable of disarming that ballista. Owen, though, Angus couldn't see. [After whatever brilliant bullshit 'e had up 'is sleeve earlier... he's gotta just be behind th'castle. Th'twins came for us, an' we did just fine.]

[The twins.]

Young Kearney looks back to the two bodies, robbed of their souls. No... only one. [Cass might've gotten lucky, but at least she took hers with some honesty. Apellon... rotten bastard. Needed a merc t'do my work.] He spurs Agro away from the corpses--they would need to be buried, but that could at least wait. The knight stands in his saddle... still, no sight of an enemy, barring that thief. Absent any compulsion for haste or thought, Angus finds himself staring blankly at Serge for a few moments. Why so much bluster out of a professional? A warrior who talks like the greenest squire?

"Don't make no damn sense," he mutters, almost to himself.

Angus to (10,3)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen moves to 5,15!

"I follow your command, my Prince!"

Nelon moves to 5,14!

Serge moves to 7,3!

Alain moves to 7,2!

Angus moves to 10,3!

Adeltrudis had opted to... ignore Scuttle's... odd display for the time being, instead giving Cassandra a hopefully re-assuring smile as she pushed herself forward, feeling her wounds close.

"Don't you worry, Cass. We're looking to be just about finished here... hopefully."

Adele to 6,2

Suddenly a strange desire came over Emmet to use one of his staves.He pulled it from beneath his cloak and waved it around. It was a long range healing spell. He couldn't be sure but maybe it helped someone.

Emmet to (7,15), use Libro on Doug.

Adele moves to 6,2!

Something REDACTED!

"I should start charging you for this."

Larissa moves to 8,17!

Larissa refreshes Emmet!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

Emmet moves to 7,15!

Emmet casts Libro on Doug!

Doug returns to full HP!

Emmet gains 20 XP!

Emmet gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Emmet grows to level 9!

(52 26 41 75 0 3 60 11)

HP up!

Strength up!

Magic up!

Speed up!

Resistance up!

Sidney moves to 6,16!

Sidney attacks Thief #3 with her Steel Bow!
17 Atk, 63% Hit, 5% Crit
(36 59)
Deaded.

Sidney gains 39 XP!
Sidney gains 2 Bow WEXP!

ENEMY PHASE

"Ain't got no time for some ponce on a mule"

General attacks Doug with his Javelin!
13 Atk, 61% Hit, 5% Crit
(2 27)
Doug takes 13 damage! (15/28 HP remaining)

Doug gains 6 XP!

Hunter #5 moves to 5,14!

Hunter #5 attacks Owen with his Iron Bow!
4 Atk, 75% Hit, 0% Crit
(51 78)
Owen takes 4 damage! (23/27 HP remaining)

Owen gains 5 XP!

Brigand #6 moves to 9,8!

Brigand #6 attacks Doug with his Iron Axe!
13 Atk, 83% Hit, 2% Crit
(53 45)
Doug takes 13 damage! (2/28 HP remaining)
Doug counters!
16 Atk, 60% Hit, 4% Crit
(37 50)
Doug deals 16 damage! (16/32 HP remaining)
(21 30)
Doug finishes the fool!

Doug gains 36 XP!
Doug gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Other Phase

"You hold your own well... I await to see your swordplay."

Malaphar moves to 6,15!

Reinforcements spawn!

CHAPTER 5 TURN 10

e3eb9073c2507cf8395b7916e92a94dc.png

Without anything on his mind particularly worth commenting on, Emmet rushed back into battle and shot at another foe.

Emmet to (5,16) Iron Bow on Brigand#17

Edited by Jotari

The battle was finally drawing to a close, as few enemies remained. "You were foolish to crawl out of your fort!" Freya taunted the only one she could see, charing forward to capitalize on the error.

Freya moves to (5, 4) and smacks bandit with Bronze Sword.

Claire moves to 8,10!

Claire equips Frost!

Emmet moves to 5,16!

Emmet attacks Brigand #17 with his Iron Bow!
7 Atk, 66% Hit, 2% Crit
(51 40)
Emmet deals 7 damage! (24/31 HP remaining)

Emmet gains 10 XP!
Emmet gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Freya moves to 5,4!

Freya attacks Brigand #15 with her Bronze Sword!
6 Atk, 98% Hit, 0% Crit
(56 46)
Freya deals 6 damage! (26/32 HP remaining)
Brigand #15 counters!
8 Atk, 38% Hit, 0% Crit
(86 82)
Miss!

Freya gains 10 XP!
Freya gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Alain moves to 6,4!

Alain casts Thunder on Brigand #15!
17 Atk, 84% Hit, 17% Crit
(37 41)
Alain deals 17 damage! (9/32 HP remaining)
(91 67)
Alain misses!

Alain gains 10 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!

[spoiler=One more for the road]Anyone who walked into the gardens that day would have found a most peculiar sight: the rarity that was Scuttle up early in the morning, bouquet of flowers in hand, talking animatedly. While Scuttle had been caught with stranger things like bodybags and newt poison, and talking seemed to come easier to her than breathing, perhaps what was most unusual with the sight was the person Scuttle was talking to.

“Hull’s been practically abuzz lately. All kinds of stories. Did you hear about farmer Juno’s latest fib this time? About the zombie rabbit eating his crops?” she chuckled, “He never learns, does he?”

Scuttle took the silence from her listener as an encouraging sign to continue filling it. “And the heroes, wow. They’ve kept us bards busy. You know what they say. Nothing happens for years, then years happen in days. Very interesting times. Talk about incoming war with Raewald. Bandit armies sailing across the seas. Regicide.

I’ve been practising with my bow. Been getting better at it. Honest!”

The peal of the clock tower bells interrupted her rather one-sided conversation. “Gotta go. Adventure beckons! They’re about to set sail to bandit country!” Scuttle said in a whisper, balling up her fists with a silent ‘yay’. “I’ll be back, I promise.”

She laid the bouquet of flowers down onto the tombstone.

She pointed both fingers up to the sky. “You stay safe up there, Javier! Remember, you can take a break every now and then. Nobody needs saving too much where you are, you know.”

Scuttle clambered over the walls of the private estate, and disappeared into the fog of Hull.

The tulips around the tombstone had bloomed. It was amazing how well-groomed it stayed, as if tended to nearly everyday for hours on end by caring and dextrous hands.

"There's nothing to be worried about, honest!" Scuttle said to both Cass and Adele in mid-fire, quite unsure if she had hit her target because it would be rude not to make eye contact with someone she was talking to. "Why, just look at how unabashedly happy the Duchess of Dougistan is with her consort! I would think it wouldn't matter who I was in love with if I could be swept off my feet for a romantic flight over a lake! It looked like the lady was so taken by the romance she had a fainting spell!"

The distant cries of a man in arrow-pierced agony filled in her silent interval as she took a breath.

"I'm just glad Sir Angus is understanding enough to know that those bachelorette days need to be cherished in full!" she said, then glanced pointedly to over the lake. "Speaking of which, we should probably help with that. Whatever's happening down south, I don't want to miss."

Edited by Frostivus

"Of course, Adele..." Cass mustered a smile and let her move on, hoping there wouldn't be anymore of the woman's wounds to be closed, later. Scuttle, on the other hand, seemed to have a wound that no staff could fix. Her ability to interpret.

"Scuttle, that's not... I..." Cass didn't quite know what to say. She'd heard vague mention of whatever these bachelorette days were, but Scuttle's assumptions were just so far off the mark. Cass wondered if it wasn't some play, or a joke, and she truly did understand what was going on. No one could be this naive.

"We have to talk. After the fight. Find a moment to speak with me."

As Serge ran across the sand of the beach, he couldn't help but notice a stray bandit come out of one of the smaller forts that occupied the beach. It seemed that the armorknight Freya and the mage...Alain was it?...Had attempted to gang up on the brigand, but alas he was still alive. It's fine. It's fine. It's just one bandit. They can handle it. I need to go check up on the bottom side of the island... Make sure Larissa is safe... Paranoia was creeping into his mind again. Well, not necessarily creeping, but rather like ramming itself into it his brain, injecting thoughts into his mind. And he couldn't help but remember how earlier there had been a bandit that had caught Adele of guard and nearly killed her. No, it's fine... It's FINE! They have several other people there...Several...People... "...Oh, god DAMMIT!" He turned himself, rushing towards the bandit, grabbing him by the head and punching him in the gut, before using the same hand to draw his sword into the bandits throat, slitting it wide open.

Serge to (4,5), attack Brigand #15 with Iron Sword

More enemies, Owen rose his sword with a tired look on his face. At this point, the bandits' tricks were mostly over with (at least, he well hoped they were), and a few reinforcements they easily outnumbered did little to daunt the prince. I've lost my patience, we would be well on our way if they hadn't interfered. Maybe their leader would be more reasonable and call for a surrender soon. Maybe not.

Serge moves to 4,5!

Serge attacks Brigand #15 with his Iron Sword!
9 Atk, 98% Hit, 0% Crit, 10% Adept, Charge not possible
(98 22)
Serge misses!
(1)
Serge tries again!
(8 54)
Serge lucks out!

Serge gains 30 XP!
Serge gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Turbo Time!
Doug moves to 9,4!
Cass moves to 9,3!
Cass heals Doug with Jeeves' Staff!
Doug returns to full HP!

Cass gains 25 XP!
Cass gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Sebastian moves to 6,3!
Angus moves to 5,5!
Adele moves to 5,6!
Scuttle moves to 6,5!

Sidney moves to 6,17!

Sidney attacks Brigand #17 with her Steel Bow!
13 Atk, 76% Hit, 5% Crit
(52 40)
(22 2)
Kablammo!

Sidney gains 33 XP!
Sidney gains 3 Bow WEXP!

Sidney grows to level 10!
(18 90 28 30 37 80 24 34)
HP up!
Skill up!
Speed up!

Larissa moves to 6,16!
Larissa refreshes Sidney!
Larissa gains 15 XP!

Sidney moves to 4,16!

Sidney attacks Brigand #16 with her Steel Bow!
15 Atk, 80% Hit, 11% Crit
(39 53)
(56 71)
Sidney deals 30 damage in total! (3/33 HP remaining)

Sidney gains 10 XP!
Sidney gains 2 Bow WEXP!

Owen moves to 4,15!

Owen attacks Brigand #16 with his Iron Sword!
(22 57 70)
Owen finishes!

Owen gains 33 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 9!
(22 16 2 41 11 46 18 60)
HP up!
Strength up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Defense up!
Nelon attacks Hunter #5 with his Great Lance!
17 Atk, 65% Hit, 7% Crit, 12% Adept
(58 85)
Nelon deals 17 damage! (12/29 HP remaining)
(72)

Nelon gains 9 XP!
Nelon gains 1 Lance WEXP!

ENEMY PHASE

"Now they're sending little girls at me!"

General attacks Claire with his Javelin!
17 Atk, 63% Hit, 4% Crit
(98 34)
General misses!
Claire counters with Frost!
10 Atk, 55% Hit, 15% Crit
(42 50)
Claire deals 10 damage! (32/42 HP remaining)
General's Old Age drops to 4!

Claire gains 15 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Hunter #5 moves to 3,16!

Hunter #5 attacks Emmet with his Iron Bow!
10 Atk, 74% Hit, 5% Crit 
(80 58)
Emmet dodges!
Emmet returns fire!
8 Atk, 92% Hit, 2% Crit
(74 1)
Headshot!

Emmet gains 30 XP!
Emmet gains 2 Bow WEXP!

OTHER PHASE

"One last to slay... then the battle is over."

Malaphar appears at 7,11!

"How intriguing."

CHAPTER 5 TURN 11

f634c84326e0e21424341f91dbeaa77b.png

SPREADSHEET

Doug's victory over the ballistician proved short-lived; it was an ambush. He had failed to see the javelin jettisoned from the castle and into his side. Luckily, Doug wasn't impaled, but he certainly needed a breather. As the rider lowered to the ground, a bandit took the opportunity to finish of the duke. The axe tore into Doug's back; if it weren't for a mysterious healing, that would have been the end of his legacy. Yet Doug stood back up, much to his enemy's surprise.

"If you strike at the Duke of Dougistan, you'd better finish. DOUGISTAN DOUBLE!!!"

Doug followed up with an attack, twirling his lance into the bandit's face. One strike hit one side, another hit his left. The bandit was down. Claiming victory yet losing lots of blood, Doug got back on his pegasus and headed north to regroup., completely forgetting about Claire. He made a beeline for Cass, but really wasn't in a state of mind to ask for healing.

"DOUGISTANDS!" he shouted in her face, which roughly translated to "I've lost too much blood to form a coherent thought. Please help."

Fortunately, that was specific enough to warrant a healing. Doug would live to fight another day.

Not in a rush to keep up with the group with the rest of their enemies dead, Cass started to drag behind a little bit, keeping to herself and trying to stay calm. That wasn't exactly easy to do with a pegasus rushing towards you and the rider barking some stupid pun of their stupid country whilst nearly bleeding to death!

"UGH!" she shrieked, bashing Doug on the leg with her staff, healing him at the same time, albeit painfully. "Don't you dare do that again, Doug! I don't care if you're a count now!" She huffed, and walked off, letting his javelin wounds heal, and hoping the new one on his leg would bruise for a while.

Edited by Melissa

One of the enemy bowman shot an arrow at Emmet. In the last second the scholar stepped to the side, working on instinct more than intelligence. He spun around in a full circle for no logical reason and launched an arrow without taking the time to aim. It managed to embed itself directly between his enemy's eyes. "That was bloody amazing" Emmet exclaimed. He wasn't the vain sort in any measure of the word but he really hoped someone had been watching what was possibly the greatest feet of archery he would ever pull off. He was feeling pumped now. Like he had suddenly grown much stronger. He was ready to take on a dozen foes....but it turns out the battle practically over already. With a disappointed sigh he got ready to do the rounds of post battle healing.

Doug moves to 9,9!

Doug attacks General with his Javelin!
3 Atk, 50% Hit, 12% Crit
(35 70)
Doug deals 3 damage! (29/42 HP remaining)
General's Old Age drops to 3!
13 Atk, 61% Hit, 3% Crit
(11 61)
Doug takes 13 damage! (15/28 HP remaining)
Doug attacks again!
(33 86)
Doug deals another 3 damage! (26/42 HP remaining)
General's Old Age drops to 2!

Doug gains 18 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Doug grows to level 10!
All glory to Dougistan!
(37 13 21 27 88 88 31 43)
HP up!
Strength up!
Skill up!

Doug cantos to 8,9!

Claire moves to 9,11!

Claire attacks General with Frost!
10 Atk, 57% Hit, 20% Crit
(41 12)
Cool!

Claire gains 80 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Claire grows to level 9!
(27 87 46 1 35 43 61 29)
HP up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Resistance up!

Claire picks up a Secret Book!

No enemies remain!

MAP COMPLETE

The bandits that had attacked were vanquished, none of their offense had survived the response from Owen's party. However, that still left them with the mysterious Malaphar, who had chosen to watch their assault on the castle. Standing silently, the sorcerer smirked, watching as the cold wind passed over the corpse of the general. The fort itself was mostly made of stone, far cruder and uglier than anything in Wyke. "The savages continue to surprise me..." he muttered, looking back at Owen's group. There was much to talk about with the young prince.

Nelon climbed from his horse, approaching Owen slowly. "Prince Owen... do you know this individual?" he asked, looking ahead at the wizard. "I cannot say I recognise him... and quite truthfully, I cannot say that I am quite comfortable with his presence."

Larissa let out a sigh, slumping down onto her knees. "This mercenary thing's harder than I thought." she lamented, amazed at how her own wounds had been healed by Emmet. She'd used a staff before, but never had she actually been on the receiving end of healing. Looking up at the bowman, she let out a laugh. "Not quite as much of a bookworm as I thought, I was worried you'd poke your own eye out."

--

"Hey boss, wait for us!"

The northern group were met by the calls of Hans and Lars, leading the remaining members of the group towards Serge and his allies. All of Valter's daughters, as well as the Reliants, were present, even Geoffrey was in Lars' mighty grip. They appeared mostly unharmed, although a little on the damp side - Emily in particular seemed rather displeased. Panting as they tried to catch their breath, Hans approached Serge.

"Boss, we got out safe... except for the Captain." Hans explained, still slightly winded. "He said if he sunk, the Prince and his crew would be stranded. He said he was going to try and anchor down further north. Couldn't follow him though... path looked real nasty."

Chapter 5 Completed!

Routed all enemies

[spoiler=BEXP]

Owen gains 30 BEXP!

Cass gains 15 BEXP!

Angus gains 20 BEXP!

Claire gains 20 BEXP!

Adele gains 50 BEXP!

Adele grows to level 9!

(17 24 18 6 82 20 40 67)

HP up!

Strength up!

Skill up!

Doug gains 15 BEXP!

Serge gains 50 BWEXP!

Serge grows to level 9!

(78 0 69 51 13 57 84 38)

Strength up!

Speed up!

Emmet gains 20 BEXP!

Sidney gains 15 BEXP!

Alain gains 60 BEXP!

Alain grows to level 9!

(6 27 56 3 35 49 58 24)

HP up!

Skill up!

Speed up!

Luck up!

Freya gains 60 BEXP!

Freya grows to level 9!

(9 0 80 3 69 95 51 93)

HP up!

Strength up!

Skill up!

Defense up!

Scuttle gains 100 BEXP!

Scuttle grows to level 9!

(36 28 96 24 23 54 74 34)

HP up!

Strength up!

Skill up!

Speed up!

Luck up!

Larissa gains 20 BEXP!

Sebastian gains 10 BEXP!

Nelon gains 15 BEXP!

Nelon grows to level 12!

(75 26 13 94 96 68 50 95)

HP up!

Strength up!

Average weighted XP gain is 120!

Hans gains 80 BEXP!

Lars gains 80 BEXP!

Emily gains 90 BEXP!

Morganna gains 50 BEXP!

Morta gains 80 BEXP!

Decima gains 70 BEXP!

Nona gains 40 BEXP!

All players are free to post!

Emmet looked around to try and discover who was talking to him before noticing the dancer sitting on the ground. "Oh. Bookworm? Is that what you thought of me?" Emmet laughed slightly. "Well I am in many ways but I've had more than a little experience in this line of work. You surprised me too. I thought you the ship's whore till you took to the battlefield. I dare say it's always good to have an extra healer and your dancing really seemed to improve morale."