"Why so nervous? Enjoy yourself for a moment."

Larissa moves to 21,14!

Larissa refreshes Nelon!

Larissa gains 15 XP!

"Gladly, Prince Owen. My eyes shall not fail you!"

Nelon quickly moves to 15,14!

Nelon equips his Iron Lance!

Angus moves to 17,3!

Angus attacks Brigand #11 with his Hand Axe!
16 Atk, 76% Hit, 3% Crit, Charge not possible
(69 72)
Angus deals 16 damage! (1/33 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 21,3!

Cass moves to 22,3!

Cass use Jeeves' Staff on Angus!

A familar feeling echoes through the staff!

Angus returns to full HP!

Cass gains 25 XP!

Cass gains 3 Staff WEXP!

"As you wish, Princess. Collecting ourselves may prove... useful."

Sebastian moves to 23,3!

Adele moves to 21,6!

Adele equips Nacht!

Adele unequips her Heather Shield!

Serge moves to 22,6!

Serge rescues Adele!

Owem moves to 25,13!

Owen attacks Pirate #4 with his Iron Sword!
8 Atk, 100% Hit, 4% Crit, 10% Astra
(6 66 61)
Owen deals 8 damage! (12/31 HP remaining)
Pirate #4 counters with his Hand Axe!
6 Atk, 41% Hit, 0% Crit
(2 62)
Owen takes 6 damage! (19/27 HP remaining)

Owen gains 10 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Alain moves to 21,6!

Sidney moves to 17,15!

Claire attacks Pirate #4 with Fire!
(2 85)
Dead!

Claire gains 40 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Claire grows to level 8!
(88 82 20 26 66 74 73 67)
Magic up!
Skill up!

Freya moves to 23,6!

Freya takes Adele!

Freya drops Adele on 23,5!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuttle caught the bloodied arrow in her hands with the proper gratitude of receiving a token from someone like Angus. "Yes, sir Baron! Wouldn't want to get in the way of your berserking rampage!"

Scuttle's had her time on the stage, but she knew a moving spotlight when she saw one. Perhaps it was time to take a step back and let the heroes do their thing.

Scuttle to (24,2)

Scuttle moves to 24,2!

ENEMY PHASE
Apellon moves to 19,2!
Arteria moves to 19,2!
There was something unsettling about the duo, it was even more apparent up close. Their attire was far too tidy compared to the other bandits and their combined glare wasn't one of a native defending their homeland, it was a pair of people who craved only bloodshed.
"Don't be so shy, horseman. There is only so far you can run until you reach water. Why drown when you can be sliced by my lovely sister and I?" Apellon boasted, beckoning Angus closer. "All life comes to an end eventually, why wait?"
Hunter #3 moves to 17,3!
Brigand #2 moves to 18,3!
"It's either death by the ponce on the horse or the psycho twins..."
Brigand #11 throws caution to the wind and moves to 21,2!
Brigand #11 attacks Angus with his Steel Axe!
13 Atk, 61% Hit, 0% Crit
(43 41)
Angus takes 13 damage! (23/36 HP remaining)
Angus counters with his Hand Axe!
16 Atk, 68% Hit, 5% Crit, Charge not Possible
(49 41)
Angus finishes Brigand #11!

Angus gains 33 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Angus grows to level 9!
(76 20 44 25 22 45 39 95)
HP up!
Strength up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Defense up!
Brigand #12 moves to 16,4!
Brigand #13 moves to 11,2!
Brigand #14 moves to 8,3!
Myrm #7 moves to 14,14!
Myrm #7 attacks Nelon with his Steel Sword!
5 Atk, 56% Hit, 5% Crit
(52 53)
Nelon takes 5 damage! (25/35 HP remaining)
Nelon counters with his Iron Lance!
15 Atk, 95% Hit, 9% Crit, 12% Adept
(52 88)
Nelon deals 15 damage! (13/28 HP remaining)
(89)

Nelon gains 9 XP!
Nelon gains 1 Lance WEXP!
Myrm #8 moves to 15,15!
Myrm #8 attacks Nelon with his Steel Sword!
5 Atk, 56% Hit, 5% Crit
(25 89)
Nelon takes 5 damage! (20/35 HP remaining)
Nelon counters with his Iron Lance!
15 Atk, 92% Hit, 8% Crit, 12% Adept
(23 9)
Nelon deals 15 damage! (13/28 HP remaining)
(28)
Myrm #8 attacks again!
(20 30)
Nelon takes 5 damage! (15/35 HP remaining)

Nelon gains 9 XP!
Nelon gains 1 Lance WEXP!
Myrm #9 moves to 7,16!
Myrm #10 moves to 9,17!
Chapter 5 - Turn 5
c4e758d97c49c0859d7ad7151c44a2b0.png
Edited by Shin

Angus takes the needed moment to smite the charging brigand, then leans down to the Princess altogether too close to the fray. A gentle hand touches her head.

"You need t'be gone," the mooncalf whispers. "I c'n take the chumps, but th'rest need you t'handle those two." He sits tall in the saddle, a figure he hoped would strike fear in the enemy. Axe to the sky, he bellows a challenge to the twins: one that could hopefully isolate them from their troops.

"MYRMIDONS!" His roar echoes across the beach, channeling the howl of his greatest foe yet. "You wan' a piece o'this, an' I'm lookin' to tear you apart! You take my men, I'll slaughter yours, an' if we both live we'll have a real bout!" Angus cues Agro to rear up, roaring wordlessly at his foes.

[They want it bad, the sport in it], Angus thinks to himself. [Can't say I don't either, but if I want a sword through the gut, I can just take an axe to Hogan.]

Edited by Terrador

The pair were rather unnerving, an ominous aura surrounded them, it almost felt like Angus were facing Baleros for a second time. The two stood incredibly close, almost entangled in each other's legs. Apellon and Arteria looked at Angus with eager eyes, his offer was tempting, and they did crave battle dearly. Arteria laughed, raising her sword to her mouth. "You speak boldly, Wild One. You must either trust your companions or wish death upon them... dearest brother, I very much like this one... can we savour him for last?" she asked, facing her brother.

"Sweet sister, Arteria... how could I deny such a request? Especially one that pleases you so?" he laughed, running his hand through his hair. "You have a deal, wild one. Our only condition is that you do not impede our passage towards them, otherwise we shall cut you down. You are free to slaughter our men as you see fit. Mortal lives mean nothing to us, only the joys of death."

"What? Gone? Excuse me--" Her confusing and renewed irritation were both drowned out by Angus' loud bellowing, the results of which displeased her further. "ANGUS YOU FUCKING MORON, I WILL DRAG YOU OFF OF THAT ENGEL BE DAMNED HORSE IF YOU TRY THIS AGAIN!" While her shout might not have been as loud as his, it had been loud enough, teeth gritted in preparation as she sincerely was ready to tear him from his mount before he played hero against a bunch of bloodthirsty brigands, let alone the murderous pair that had shown up to fight them.

With a cue from Angus, Agro's hooves thunder into the ground. The knight draws his longer axe, attempting to glare down Cassandra... poorly. The only thing on his face, a secret between the two, is fear. Nonetheless, he interposes his weapon between the two: she could not be allowed to interfere. Not on his honor as a knight, not on his honor as a man, not on his honor as a baron, not on his honor on Owen's man... not on his life.

"Run," Cassandra's betrothed begs quietly. "I won' die today."

Put your axe between me and this idiocy; I AM DONE WITH THIS ANGUS! Cassandra's glare did not lessen, nor did she listen to his begging her to run. Instead, much to the baron's surprise, she threw her own axe down and grabbed the one he'd put between them-- a foolish mistake. With all her rage and adrenaline, she yanked as hard as she could, pulling him halfway off Agro, as his straps and the saddle kept part of his legs in. It couldn't have been comfortable. "NO MORE OF THIS! I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS!" She continues to glare him down in his awkward hanging.

"Always, ALWAYS, trying to play the hero! 'Your life's worth something Cassandra, don't throw it away'-- DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TELL ME THAT AGAIN AND AGAIN, AND THEN TOSS YOUR OWN AWAY IN THE SAME DAMN BREATH!" This might've been a bit of excess drama for the moment, but Cass was coming to a boil. Angus dancing with death once again was enough to tip over the pot and spill the water. "DISMOUNT! NOW!"

Edited by Melissa

The twins were somewhat perplexed by the pair, they were under the impression that they would be slaying them... not each other. Apellon laughed, stepping forward and readying his blade. "No matter, my lovely sister and I can provide for both of you... together in life and death." he soothed, his sister relishing in the quarrel. He turned back to his men, urging them forwards. "You handle their underlings, these two are clearly in command. We shall fight them, spill their blood and spread their innards... I'm getting excited just thinking about it."

"Brother, I want to carve through the girl's flesh, I want to hear her beg for mercy before I extinguish her life." Arteria begged, her voice full of depraved excitement. Her brother looked over at her, giving a confirmatory nod. It appeared it was now a two on two match.

Arteria splits and moves to 19,3!

Edited by Shin

So this was how it was to be. "He's finally showing their true colors. They don't care about us. Us commoners. Doing anything he can to keep his own life, sending us to die." He was saying to himself. He gripped his sword tightly with his hands. He was angry. Incredibly angry. Furious even. He felt a burning rage inside of him. He barely even notice the princess and Angus fighting each other over this. All he could think about was how this situation had turned from bad to worse. How his day, no his past month has turned from a ray of hope to unneeded stress and hopelessness. He began laughing. It was all a joke. A whole god damn joke. He remembered how, as a child, he believed that there was always a chance for greatness. How he thought there had always been something to look forward to. There was always a brighter side. Always... What an idiot he was. There was no hope. There wasn't a god damn chance to be something better. There were just idiot nobles playing around with your life like it was a game. A joke.

"Fine...I get it. I get where I stand in this." He said lifting his sword up and pointing at all the bandits in front of him. "Alright...Let's see what you can do. I'll give you my all before I go down, I promise you."

Edited by Dandragon

"Wh--Cass!" Angus drops his long axe, pulling his throwing axe instead. He frantically rights himself, in time to catch the twins' words. They were... sending their underlings to fight the rest. The woman was getting closer... and the man was... behind? [Angus, stay calm. She can handle it. She can handle her, alone, for just a moment. We'll crush the chumps, then slaughter these two.]

"Princess," Angus intones. "They're comin' for us, either way. If you won' run... hand me th'axe so I c'n fight." He whips his arm in the air in a circular motion, hollering to their allies. "Change o'plans! Take out th'lackeys, leave the tough'uns t'us!"

Now that's fuckin' better! Cass smiled through her building tears and picked his axe back up, handing it over to him. At the very least, he wouldn't be running off to face a small horde on his own. The girl didn't look that tough... She didn't look beatable, but Cass wasn't about to die against someone like that. She could fight her for a bit. Enough for everyone else to take care of the remaining pirates and then turn on them. "Let's have it, then!" she barked, pulling her own axe out, "let's have you take me on with all you've got!"

Adele had really only intended to take a step back and survey her surroundings, but through a quick chain of events, she found herself hoisted up and transported across one of the sand dunes, her vision now entirely blocked... which was counter-intuitive to her initial plan, to say the least. She had managed to scale back around the blasted thing in a short enough time, only to hear first Angus, and then Cassandra, begin to scream and shout, her pace quickening as she closed the gap to the pair. It had seemed that Angus had put forth a challenge to the apparent leaders of the group, which was quickly growing awry. As Adele finally closed the gap to the horseman, he heard the woman of the pair speak as the two separated slightly. Speak about Cass... not so fucking soon after all that shit in Wyke.

Closing the rest of the distance until she came up to Angus' side, Adele grabbed a hand axe and hurled it at the woman, a bit too far out of her effective range for it to be effective... almost, though. The axe whirred through the air for a few moments, coming within inches of ripping through Arteria's face and throat, instead only clipping her cheek to leave a shallow cut before lodging itself in the sand behind her, having lopped the hair off the left side of her head, leaving it to wisp to the ground and disperse in the wind.

"JUST TRY AND LAY A HAND ON HER YOU SAVAGE! I'LL TEAR YOUR INTESTINES OUT YOUR GODDAMN FUCKING ASS AND STRANGLE YOU WITH THEM, AND THEN YOUR BROTHER WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU!" Adeltrudis roared in anger, readying Nacht to split the woman's skull open if she dared get in range.

Adele to 21,4, Equip Heather Shield

Cass watched the axe whizz past her target, a worried expression striking her as Adele roared from behind them. But she could still handle this! "Eyes on me, slag! You want her, you've gotta get through me first! And I'm willing to stake my life that you can't!" She had to keep her interested. Adele could intervene after they'd gotten them weakened, but they had to get them weakened enough to do that. And this was the only way Angus wasn't going to run off and play hero. Ho, this was going to be a bumpy ride...

While Owen had thrown a literal grenade, on the other side of the battlefield it seemed like Cass and Adele had been busy detonating verbal ones. "Doug," she started, approaching the pegasus rider and gesturing towards the source of the noise. "I think the others might need some help, can you take me over there?" Their last ride hadn't exactly been smooth, but between all of the screams and the number of enemies she spotted, Claire figured that they could use some help.

Claire to (20,14)

There was a commotion going on at the other side of the shore, Owen couldn't make out anything, but he sure could tell. How many enemies are those? Hmm... they might need assistance. Scouting up ahead, their side seemed considerably thinner in enemy numbers, they'd probably manage as it was. "My sister and Adele might be in need of assistance, stay at the ready." He cautioned to his general area, and started moving, with an ever watchful eye for that side of the shore.

"Sir Nelon, are you alright?" The prince's caution had to shift briefly as he realized the Baron had engaged in battle very shortly after going ahead, he seemed rather beat up! "Take caution, Sir Nelon --please come closer so we can tend to your wounds." We'll need you in good shape, Baron. Either way... Claire already seemed to have caught the idea, calling the mer- no, the new lordling. If his pegasus has room for another person, then all the better.

Nelon iron lances Myrm #8, canto to (18,14).

Owen to (22,14).

Adele moves to 21,4!

Adele equips the Heather Shield

Arteria didn't even move as the axe glanced her, removing a solid lock of hair from her head. The woman raised her hand to her cheek, smearing her own blood across her finger and putting it to her tongue. Arteria began chuckling, her laughter growing more insane rapidly.

"Your words... they hide great losses, perhaps you fear the death of others as much as your own?" she sneered, amused by Adele more than anything else. "Will you fail to protect this one as well? Only the beauty of battle can decide? Will your innards spill or mine? I hunger to know."

Clapping his hands, Apellon seemed to show the same sentiment. "Either would be a magnificent display, dear sister. I await the curtain of death, whoever it may claim."

Claire moves to 20,14!

"My Prince... I am not certain how much longer I can continue..."

Nelon attacks Myrm #8 with his Iron Lance!
15 Atk, 92% Hit, 8% Crit, 12% Adept
(85 35)
Nelon finishes!
Nelon gains 19 XP!
Nelon gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Nelon cantos to 18,14!

Owen moves to 22,14!

Serge moves to 21,5!

Serge rescues Adele!

Edited by Shin

"Wait, I wanted you heal me too" Emmet muttered weakly as the scantly clad healer immediately ran off to help someone else. "She must not have noticed I'm injured."

Emmet stood there for several minutes trying to regain his strength but when it seemed like the battle was going too far ahead of him, he rushed forward to join his allies. The same rider from earlier rushed up to meet him, looking even more injured than before. "You need to be more careful" Emmet advised. "A healer might not get to you quick enough next time."

Emmet moves to 19,14 and uses Heal on Nelon.

Edited by Jotari

Emmet moves to 19,14!

Emmet casts Heal on Nelon!

Nelon regains 17 HP!

Emmet gains 15 XP!

Emmet gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Emmet grows to level 8!

(99 4 80 31 38 1 48 12)

Strength up!

Skill up!

Speed up!

Resistance up!

Shouting. Even from this far, Sidney could hear it. When would people stop being lunatics in battle and fight with a semblance of composure, maybe not needing to shout if they would just think?

Either way, it wasn't her issue yet. Others were injured and enemies were still approaching, so that left things for her to take care of.

Sidney moves to (15, 14) and stabs Myrm#7 with the Zodiac Claw

Angus watches the axe whizz by, going wild--exactly what they needed. He whips around, glaring at the noble who would make a bad situation worse, but she was already scooped up by Serge. [We live through this, I'm tossin' 'im somethin' good], the baron notes, before eyeballing the other enemies. One was a bit far off, an archer, with... well, Angus didn't know what it was, and he didn't terribly like it in the foe's hands. Alain and Scuttle seemed a hair too fragile to have a weapon like that pointed at them.

He locks eyes with Apellon for a moment. Assessing. Considering. [Can't let him think I'm going back on his duel.] Then, after a moment... realizing. [They're psycho, but they're damned good sports.]

"Th'name's Angus Kearney", the mooncalf begins. "Baron o' Wes'kearney. An' this is Cass Gaffney, Wyke's Princess; we're betrothed. You've been right sportin', an' I respect tha'. F'r tha', I'll have you name th'terms. Healin', firs' shot, matchup, weapons, an' so on." He gives Cass an encouraging wink, despite his fear. They'd still survive. Angus addresses Arteria, Cassandra, Adele, their entire team... but primarily, eye-to-eye, Apellon. "We'll kill you, any way."

Edited by Terrador

Freya moves to 20,5!

Freya takes Adele and drops her on 19,5!

Sidney moves to 15,14!

Sidney attacks Myrm #7 with her Zodiac Claw!
(58 80)
Sidney finishes him!

Sidney gains 30 XP!
Sidney gains 2 WEXP!

"Apellon, and this is my darling sister, Arteria. Feel free to prepare yourself before we start, the fight ahead is one I must experience... regardless of the result. There is far more to our existence than life or death, the great beyond will take who it desires. I care not for the others, you may slaughter them as you see fit." he replied, giving a sly glance back at the other enemies. "Let your weapon speak the words of your tongue, strike me down with your might... your wit seems to be less of a weapon in comparison. If you wish to fight us on honourable terms, do so... but his eyes will make you regret any foolhardy actions you take."

Angus nods in confirmation. "Slaughter 'em as I see fit, eh? I'll have t'take you up on tha' one." The possibly-doomed baron charges the Hunter, taking his head before positioning at Arteria's side--as close as Agro could return, really. Blood still trailing from his prior wounds, Angus twirls his axe for a moment in his hand. His opponent had yet to approach. The knight steels himself against the idea he is about to put forth, only able to utter the words because he recognizes Apellon as more dangerous. [something about his stance... lighter. More measured. Reminds me too much of Sir Lionel.]

"Go on, Arteria. You know you want th'girl more."

Angus to (17,4), attack Hunter #3 with Iron Axe, Canto to (19,4)

---

Sebastian to (18,4), attack Brigand #2 with Steel Sword

Edited by Terrador