Who can you get promoted in part 1?

Masu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who I want to use end-game. I usually just focus on 3 people other than Micaiah and they always get promoted before the end of Part 1.

Nolan is usually up there. I had Aran promoted at the end of 1-6-2 on my recent green hair only playthrough. Edward is also usually pretty close, depending on if he's getting stat blessed or not.

I choose four people, one for each (free) Master Seal, and they all are promoted by Daein, Arise! If I used Ilyana, I will promote Laura as well.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I choose four people, one for each (free) Master Seal, and they all are promoted by Daein, Arise! If I used Ilyana, I will promote Laura as well.

Pretty much this...

You know, everyone loves on Jill but I've never had her be very good for me.

Just thought I'd comment.

She has transfer bonuses easily available, is the only flier in Micaiah's team, uses axes as her base weapon, gets a Brave Axe, and has a red ponytail. What's not to love? Anyone with a red ponytail is automatically an amazing character, no contest.

Granted, she can have bonuses and having them from PoR would instantly make her god-tier. I don't want to play through PoR again just yet to have a file to make her better, though. :(

I also value her abilities to fly. It's definitely a plus because hit-and-run tactics make the DB viable.

Thing is, she's weak. 11 strength at level 14? She has to get strength blessed in order to use steel axes before promotion. She's not fast enough initially to avoid being double-attacked on hard mode unless she's just using her starting hand axe. Even on Normal, she has trouble hitting twice even with just a steel axe.

I know she's got freakin' great potential and plan on using her some day. I just haven't yet because I don't like buying weaker weapons than I start off with if I don't have to, haha.

You know, I just had a thought while typing this out. I'm such a big proponent of using stat boosters when you first get them to make initially difficult characters to use viable. I wonder why I never thought of dropping the STR booster you get in Part 1 for her. That would only make sense.

On easy mode I've almost gotten Jill to promote to DragonLord. (Paragon FTW.)

But on easy mode it's .....well easy to promote people. Usually I have Nolan, Aran and Meg promote. But it depends on who I want to have promote.

Though I find it hard to get Laura to promote without excessive BEXP abuse in part 3.

Guest WolvenWarrioress

Usually I get Edward, Nolan and Jill promoted (I'll definately use Nolan, and about half the time I use Edward or Jill). If I'm using Ilyana, she's promoted as well.

It has always been Nolan, Edward, and Aran in my playthroughs. I sometimes get to promote Laura, too, if I decide to use her. I also try to promote my for fun characters, like Meg and Fiona, beforehand too. I succeeded with Fiona, surprisingly enough.