Need Help With Birthright

CybrGamr

Hi all - I have played some of the previous installments of Fire Emblem and I just started with Birthright, but I have some questions:

1) I am on Chapter 12 I believe - the ship - and I am finding many of my characters are underleveled for this Chapter - what is the best way to grind levels? Scout for battles? Paralogues? The downloadable maps?

2) I have all 4 amiibos for this game - last night I scanned Ike and got the two pieces of armor and now have his Hero Battle but I am still outleveled - again need to grind - are all the amiibo hero battles higher than level 14?

3) How do I know what types of units I want to group up - to this point I have been making sure I have units in adjacent squares so they group attack but I have not actually paired anyone up - should I be and if so, what types of units should be pairing up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Someone else might be better able to help you with those, but nonetheless, I'll give you a word of warning: You'll want to get Kaze to get an A support with Corrin before chapter 15.

Scouting for battles is preferable because most paralogues can be very difficult. You could also do the Boo Battle DLC (since it's made for level grinding) to help gain more levels without having to scout over and over again.

Well, you can pair up in a battle just to cover some characters, like giving them more defense or more attack or just to keep them from enemies dual attacks, is not necessary that you "marry" them together, so try to pair up at free for battles, just watch which bonus give every class. For which units to pair up, I can't say which ones, since maybe you don't like the pairings I ended using (but as a example, I keep Subaki with Hinoka and Oboro with Takumi for extra speed), so, for pairings it's up to you, but yeah, you can always pair up just for the bonus in a fight.

Now for the ship chapter, if you are under leveled, try to use Takumi a lot (if you have money, visit onlines castles who have "free skills" and search Death Blow for him and/or Replicate for 2 Takumis in the chapter), since most enemies are fliers, keep Azura near him to use him two times in a turn, only remember to keep him safe and don't allow him to receive a lot of damage. Reina joins you at some point of the battle, she can use bows too, so use her too.

And send a royale to activate the Dragon veins, that will slow down the flier enemies, take advantage of that! But of course, be carefull with your own fliers! (Like Reina when she appear).

A little advice, if you are using Hinoka, reclass her to Spear Fighter, she do more damage in that class, also, she won more defense, Spear Master Hinoka with Rend Heaven, Lancefaire and a Guard Naginata (plus any other skill you find for her visiting other castles) can be very usefull. Oboro can be good at receiving some damage too, she can have less defense than Hinoka, but she is a good unit too.

For grinding, start with scouts mission since the EXP DLC will be a bit hard for you at first. Just remember that you need to fight enemies with a higher lv than yours in order to win a good amount of exp.

Edited by SniperGYS

1. All are valid ways to do it, if you have a Paralogue available do it, if not scout, remember levels are scaled for the most part (to your average unit level) in this game so griding is not really needed unless you have a very under leveled unit you would like to use and are not very good at power leveling (I am so I don't grind ever), I don't grind as a rule so I can really help you to much here (I do use some Paralogues though that doesn't count as griding due to level scaling).

2. I don't own any ambiio so sorry can't help here.

3. It depend, but generally pair people whose stats compliment each other. For example Hana benefits from someone that give her more str and def, Rinka benefits from Spd and Res and so on....

For the amiibo hero battles I recommend doing them once you start promoting some of your characters.

For attacking and pairing up, if you are surrounded by a large number of enemies, pair some of your characters up to protect them.

The enemies in the Boo Camp DLC can and will attack you, unlike in Awakening's EXP DLC (the gold Faceless won't attack you, but everything else will; beware of the Stoneborn especially - their range is massive).

The enemies in the Boo Camp DLC can and will attack you, unlike in Awakening's EXP DLC (the gold Faceless won't attack you, but everything else will; beware of the Stoneborn especially - their range is massive).

I don't know precisely if thw gold ones don't attack, but I'm like 100% sure that only the Faceless with Heartseeker will attack you, as well as the Stoneborn withe Certain Blow and Freeze. The rest that have Pass, Wary Fighter, Inspiration and Breakers will just full move to the escape point.

@OP: Try the DLC, the pacifist enemies give more EXP, so kill the attackers and then chip and kill the escapists.

My general advice is try to promote synergy in your team, either by buffing certain stats or just balancing all of them at the time. I've only played Conquest though, but Pair Up is pretty much a must on Hard Mode and above, lower difficulties are good enough with Dual Attack.

Btw, does Kaze need A support with Corrin? I've played through Conquest and he remained by only having C rank with him (and A in another file).

Edited by Quintessence

I don't know precisely if thw gold ones don't attack, but I'm like 100% sure that only the Faceless with Heartseeker will attack you, as well as the Stoneborn withe Certain Blow and Freeze. The rest that have Pass, Wary Fighter, Inspiration and Breakers will just full move to the escape point.

@OP: Try the DLC, the pacifist enemies give more EXP, so kill the attackers and then chip and kill the escapists.

My general advice is try to promote synergy in your team, either by buffing certain stats or just balancing all of them at the time. I've only played Conquest though, but Pair Up is pretty much a must on Hard Mode and above, lower difficulties are good enough with Dual Attack.

Btw, does Kaze need A support with Corrin? I've played through Conquest and he remained by only having C rank with him (and A in another file).

Kaze only needs an A rank with Corrin in Birthright due to stuff that happens after Chapter 15.

The Gold faceless are not aggressive, the green faceless and the stoneborn are.

You want an A rank with Kaze in Birthright before you start chapter 15, this does not apply in Conquest and Revelation.

Kaze only needs an A rank with Corrin in Birthright due to stuff that happens after Chapter 15.

Really? Seems surprising to me knowing that stuff in Hoshido is different. If anything I would expect that rule to apply in Conquest since Nohr is the counterpart. Could anyone feed me with spoilers (tags) as to why such requisite?

Man, just use Takumi and Reina to kill most of the enemies. Takumi can even OHKO the unpromoted enemies in Attack Stance.

Really? Seems surprising to me knowing that stuff in Hoshido is different. If anything I would expect that rule to apply in Conquest since Nohr is the counterpart. Could anyone feed me with spoilers (tags) as to why such requisite?

If Kaze isn't at support rank A with Corrin by the end of Birthright chapter 15, he dies, sacrificing his life to save Corrin. If he is, he survives. I haven't seen both versions of the scene, but I've heard about them, and... as far as I know there's no logical reason for this. It's not like Corrin pushes him out of the way of danger or something; Kaze just spots something that allows him to save Corrin without sacrificing himself. I'm thinking they just planned for him to die, but wanted to give the player a way to keep him around if they liked him.