Vanguard Dawn DLC Comes Today, Prepare to Fight for Your Friends

Shadow Knight

Sunwoo: I doubt anyone has a full understanding of the real world. The reason being that there are so many things in this world. Many different countries, cultures, inventions, people, and so on.

No duh, there's no one who has a full understanding of the world. The thing is, you have a tendency to act as if you know things that you don't know about better than people who actually do. And when they try to correct your misinformation, you stand your ground and refuse to believe that you could possibly be wrong, even when the evidence is shoved in your face. You can't admit that you could possibly be wrong, even in the face of people who actually do know more about that topic than you do. You do this in the FE7 section. You do this in the general section. You do it here.

I'm even seeing shades of it here when you said that you can't imagine seeing Ike's vanguard costume on a woman because it's too bulky. Which is what started this whole side conversation. And honestly, there shouldn't be a thing such as "how can you imagine Ike's costume on a woman? It's too muscular!" in a fantasy game like FE.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you wanted to take it to PM, so that's exactly what I did. Then you acted completely rude about it. Okay.

On topic, time to shove Aether on everyone, whooooooo

matching Aether for matching Ryoumarx

Ill be honest, im a bit salty Vanguard is gender locked. :(

You said you wanted to take it to PM, so that's exactly what I did. Then you acted completely rude about it. Okay.

On topic, time to shove Aether on everyone, whooooooo

matching Aether for matching Ryoumarx

AETHER LOBSTERNOODLE

Your PM wasn't what I had in mind. But sorry about that, I was still rather frustrated with what was happening here. It wasn't my intention to be rude. Really, I would hate for this to cause a rift between us, Thor. Not that I think we were ever close friends or anything, but I considered you an awesome member that shared my love for muscles and Ryoma. And an awesome artist.

Oh, and I was considering using the Vanguard Brand on Ryoma myself. lol

Sometimes, guys, I'm really just blowing off steam until I can calm down. I don't intentionally offend/hurt anyone or be thoughtless or anything like that. Sometimes I don't even mean what I say at all, I'm just trying to, well, let it all out instead of bottling it up and then exploding later. And lately, I have random bouts of depression and sadness. It can easily translate to anger/frustration/annoyance at times. It's no excuse for if I was acting unnecessary here, but...yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Grandmaster is genderlocked? What? That doesn't make any damn sense to me when we had female Robin... :/ Oh, and Katarina.

Edited by Anacybele

It makes more sense for Vanguard to be gender locked than Grandmaster, that's for damn sure.

It frankly sucks that the thing is genderlocked. Slim the models down a notch to make it appropriate for females. I'd be content with that.

Idk if anyone else noticed this but this is insanely rude.

Stop.

Edited by AddictPunk

Idk if anyone else noticed this but this is insanely rude.

No more ruder than you are to people in general. But okay.

Clearly they should just hire me

I'm less mad about Vanguard in particular and more mad about less female-locked classes than male--making GM unisex would've at least evened it out a bit. It doesn't help that Cipher!Minerva's region-locked. Having F!Vanguard and F!GM would've evened out the numbers, while Great Lord and Lodestar can be exclusive mirrors of each other.

Also@ana: it cool

Edited by Thor Odinson

Your PM wasn't what I had in mind. But sorry about that, I was still rather frustrated with what was happening here. It wasn't my intention to be rude. Really, I would hate for this to cause a rift between us, Thor. Not that I think we were ever close friends or anything, but I considered you an awesome member that shared my love for muscles and Ryoma. And an awesome artist.

Oh, and I was considering using the Vanguard Brand on Ryoma myself. lol

Sometimes, guys, I'm really just blowing off steam until I can calm down. I don't intentionally offend/hurt anyone or be thoughtless or anything like that. Sometimes I don't even mean what I say at all, I'm just trying to, well, let it all out instead of bottling it up and then exploding later. And lately, I have random bouts of depression and sadness. It can easily translate to anger/frustration/annoyance at times. It's no excuse for if I was acting unnecessary here, but...yeah.

...ill take it. This is a pretty good reply. Sorry i got so heated..you do know i actually care, right? Its why i get so...worked up about how you act? It all good. Now...back to the topic at hand...

Grandmaster is genderlocked? What? That doesn't make any damn sense to me when we had female Robin... :/ Oh, and Katarina.

Yeah thats a thing. Its made me a bit salty too, because im waiting to unbox that Robin amiibo and make Camilla Grandmaster, only for it to be genderlocked. And im like "wat is this fuckery." Boo...hisss

...ill take it. This is a pretty good reply. Sorry i got so heated..you do know i actually care, right? Its why i get so...worked up about how you act? It all good. Now...back to the topic at hand...

Yeah thats a thing. Its made me a bit salty too, because im waiting to unbox that Robin amiibo and make Camilla Grandmaster, only for it to be genderlocked. And im like "wat is this fuckery." Boo...hisss

You've made a good reply here too, makes me understand you that much better now (even though we've known each other for several years. :P). And it's nice that you care despite all the problems I've been through, both here and in real life. It really is and I really appreciate it. People that care mean a fuckton to me right now because of those problems, especially the real life ones.

I'd have had the same reaction, "what is this BS" lol. Because it is BS...

Edited by Anacybele

It makes more sense for Vanguard to be gender locked than Grandmaster, that's for damn sure.

It makes about as much sense as refusing to port Thoron the way it was and made it some weird blue Arcthunder.

Honestly, they used a lot of the assets from Awakening...

...then again they could have significantly changed the underlying system and source as many programming endeavors do.

And that making Chrom, Liz, and Frederick in the before Awakening DLC was a lot harder than we think.

And that making Chrom, Liz, and Frederick in the before Awakening DLC was a lot harder than we think.

I think you're right, SOC, because I noticed that Freddy's model was different in the DLC than in Awakening. He had COOLER armor! And so did his horse!

Edited by Anacybele

Sooo, safe to look through the topic now?

Anyway, did anyone else find this map insanely fun? Just lots of enemies, reinforcements all over the place... I had a blast with it.

tbh I can't see a female Vanguard, only because the class is based off of Ike himself, just like Great Lord and Lodestar. I don't think its a matter of gender inequality for that case. However Grandmaster being Male-only is stupid. I know this model of Grandmaster is based off the Male Robin amiibo, but really. It ain't that hard IS.

Im not trying to bring the flames back after all that, on the contrary, I think seeing a F. Vanguard would be pretty cool.

Anyway, did anyone else find this map insanely fun? Just lots of enemies, reinforcements all over the place... I had a blast with it.

Me! Its no small exaggeration to say that FE10 was my favourite game on the Wii. And boy does this map stay true to one of my favourite chapters in the franchise. Also "Ludveck" and his "Tomahawk" gave my quite a run for my money.

Edited by Jakkun

I think you're right, SOC, because I noticed that Freddy's model was different in the DLC than in Awakening. He had COOLER armor! And so did his horse!

Well, Great Knight in Fates has been redesigned completely. But since the other two are basically the same models from Awakening, it is kind of weird...

Well, Great Knight in Fates has been redesigned completely. But since the other two are basically the same models from Awakening, it is kind of weird...

Yeah, but I figured Freddy would remain the same since, you know, different continents and all. Elibe's armor looks different from Tellius's and so on. It would make sense for the Great Knight in Ylisse to look different from the Great Knight in Fates.

Though I probably shouldn't be talking, my armor designs for the people of my fan continent still look pretty similar to that of Tellius even though there are still little differences here and there. :P

This map is everything a defense map should be!

It's considered one of the best defense maps of the series for a reason!

Maybe the reason they made this DLC is because they knew this map was so popular:

And it bears repeating:

This is one the best defense maps of the series!

Yeah, but I figured Freddy would remain the same since, you know, different continents and all. Elibe's armor looks different from Tellius's and so on. It would make sense for the Great Knight in Ylisse to look different from the Great Knight in Fates.

Though I probably shouldn't be talking, my armor designs for the people of my fan continent still look pretty similar to that of Tellius even though there are still little differences here and there. :P

It'd be nice if we could customize armors a bit more or even change the color palettes. But I think that's the direction we are heading in anyways. The accessory system is one step away from armor customization.

Huh, I wasn't expecting some of the enemies to give some decent exp. I wish I used some Eternal Seals beforehand.

On the other note, Shiro as Vanguard, after an Arms Scroll, is so good right now omg. Guess that makes up for me not having an Ike amiibo. : ')

I see a lot of Ike Amiibo at GameStop since your location says the US. But if you don't live near one, well... Yeah, that's a bummer. GameStop is the only place I've seen him.