Praise or Blame Takumi?

Flareblade

173 members have voted

1. 1. Praise or Blame Takumi?

I think it's clear that I side with the #BlameTakumi side.

I don't need to say why, he's just a prick most of the time and caused problems for himself and other people, especially in Conquest.

#BlameTakumi forever.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing through my Birthright Lunatic auto run last night and got to Takumi's chapter. I managed to recruit him before starting Auto, and from then on he kept stepping in traps. Didn't even activate the Dragon Veins. #blameTakumi all the way.

Well of course he's gonna look like a prick in Conquest gameplay wise and story wise.

But out of all the characters, he's the most human. And not frickin blind worshipping the cause of death and destruction for his country all for the sake of using the Byakuya/Hoshido throne for *spoiler*.

#タクミを守白騎士団

#PraiseTakumi

Edited by shadowofchaos

And not frickin blind worshipping the cause of death and destruction for his country all for the sake of using the Byakuya/Hoshido throne for *spoiler*.

Pretty sure he did that in the end.

Well what I mean is he wasn't victim to it initially.

Blame Takumi Trump all the way.

That nickname is kidding though, right? Because comparing him to Trump is a gross prejudicial statement for one of the better written characters in the entire cast.

Edited by shadowofchaos

#blametakumi

whats the reference?

Battle of Gallipoli, WWI. The Entente tried to land a force close to the Ottoman Capitol to take it, but the Ottomans had set up some damn good defenses, and ended up holding off a far superior British, French, and ANZAC force. The battle was a major Entente defeat and was characterized by the Entente commanders throwing a bunch of soldiers at heavily fortified Turkish positions, with massive casualties as the result, just like the actions of a certain Hoshidan Prince. Basically from him I got the impression of a guy who hates Nohr more than he loves Hoshido.

Battle of Gallipoli, WWI. The Entente tried to land a force close to the Ottoman Capitol to take it, but the Ottomans had set up some damn good defenses, and ended up holding off a far superior British, French, and ANZAC force. The battle was a major Entente defeat and was characterized by the Entente commanders throwing a bunch of soldiers at heavily fortified Turkish positions, with massive casualties as the result, just like the actions of a certain Hoshidan Prince. Basically from him I got the impression of a guy who hates Nohr more than he loves Hoshido.

But with how hard Chapter 10 was I don't think it was a bad idea to try necessarily. If Corrin wasn't Corrin it'd probably mean a won battle.

Well of course he's gonna look like a prick in Conquest gameplay wise and story wise.

But out of all the characters, he's the most human. And not frickin blind worshipping the cause of death and destruction for his country all for the sake of using the Byakuya/Hoshido throne for *spoiler*.

#タクミを守白騎士団

#PraiseTakumi

Hes also an asshole in the other routes too.

The only redeeming quality he has is that you get to kill him twice in conquest

Hes also an asshole in the other routes too.

Uhhh yeah, because he has good reasons to be an asshole.

Kamui pretty much singlehandedly caused crap for the entire country of Hoshido/Byakuya.

He has every reason to be wary of them in other routes and every reason to hate them in Conquest.

Look at it from his perspective and you might see that he isn't "being a jerk" for petty reasons.

He slowly warms up to them in other routes because Kamui is proving that they care by fighting by their side despite Takumi's justified wariness.

He is the most human out of any of the characters and I don't say that lightly.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Blame all the way. I see why people like him, but I just can't fricken stand him. He's one of the many reasons I refuse to accept anything other than Conquest as my route choice for future playthroughs. Sorry, Takumi, I can see why you behave the way you do, but that doesn't mean I have to like your actions even if I understand them.

Well what I mean is he wasn't victim to it initially.

Oh..right. I agree with you then!

You fight him four/five times in Conquest, depending on whether or not you count the Replicate.

Edited by Refa

But with how hard Chapter 10 was I don't think it was a bad idea to try necessarily. If Corrin wasn't Corrin it'd probably mean a won battle.

And what does Hoshido get from a won battle? The way the port is arranged means that the Hoshidans are taking horrific casualties to take it, Corrin or no Corrin. Also, wasn't Corrin the only reason Takumi Trump attacked in the first place? Regardless, so Hoshido has the port, now what? The Nohrians can now easily shift their army south and entrap the Hoshidan beachhead. The Hoshidans are being supplied over sea, which is always more tenuous than an overland supply route. The Nohrians can easily turn the city into a death trap, and the Hoshidans can only funnel more men in, who will just proceed to be lost when the perimeter finally breaks. They are also facing a hostile populace, which is a nightmare in any situation, but this one especially. A hostile populace is, quite frankly, death here. This can only be a strategic and tactical failure for Hoshido, and the worst part is that Takumi Trump faces no punishment whatsoever for his failure. A simple demotion would be nice.

Can I be in the middle? Like not praise or blame Takumi, but indifferently say hello to Takumi?

He was likely one of the best written characters in the entire game, and one of the better in the series. They did a good job of wrapping up his story in Conquest and showing you why he was acting the way he was. It being a mix of both personal flaws and being possessed by, I think, Anankos made for a good emotional situation for the last chapter. I mean, I hated the guy for doing some of the things he did in Conquest because it was either downright wrong in my eyes, or pretty damn stupid, but overall it made sense once you get the whole picture. One I started Revelation I really started to like him, worked on his support first just to try and learn more about him and it was really cool.

Now at the same time there are quite a few things I dont like about him. There are times where I think he acts really immature, and is wrong to treat people the way he does at times. I also think he was wrong to lash out at Azura the way he did in the first 6 chapters, but as I said before these are personal flaws that make him more human. Something quite a few characters in the entire series are missing.

So, once again, can I say an indefferent hello to Takumi rather than blame him or praise him?

Praise Takumi. The only one who didn't blindly lick Corn's boots in Conquest and a flawed, but actually nice person in Birthright.

I guess we're just going to ignore Azura flat out telling Corrin to feel terrible for his actions in Conquest and Corrin's supports with Leo where Leo calls him horrible at military tactics. Not to say Conquest couldn't have called Corrin out more for his actions, but it really irritates me that people say EVERYONE but Takumi worships him when this really isn't the case.

Granted, I'm clearly biased towards Conquest Corn, if my sig is any indication, so feel free to ignore this.