Praise or Blame Takumi?

Flareblade

173 members have voted

1. 1. Praise or Blame Takumi?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we're just going to ignore Azura flat out telling Corrin to feel terrible for his actions in Conquest and Corrin's supports with Leo where Leo calls him horrible at military tactics. Not to say Conquest couldn't have called Corrin out more for his actions, but it really irritates me that people say EVERYONE but Takumi worships him when this really isn't the case.

Granted, I'm clearly biased towards Conquest Corn, if my sig is any indication, so feel free to ignore this.

This

Personally I think Leo's a better character, since he actually dislikes Corrin for being an attention hog, yet Leo keeps it to himself (which is in character for him).

Being someone who represses emotions all the time, I felt more at home with Leo than I do to Takumi.

In the Azura case, people ignore that bit because of the lolCrystalBall scene, but I don't wanna turn this into another "lol nohrrin" thread

I guess we're just going to ignore Azura flat out telling Corrin to feel terrible for his actions in Conquest and Corrin's supports with Leo where Leo calls him horrible at military tactics. Not to say Conquest couldn't have called Corrin out more for his actions, but it really irritates me that people say EVERYONE but Takumi worships him when this really isn't the case.

Granted, I'm clearly biased towards Conquest Corn, if my sig is any indication, so feel free to ignore this.

That's completely different though. Corrin basically says "I did bad thing! I feel terrible!" and Azura says "Yeah. You did bad thing, go feel terrible about it. It was pretty bad." Like, the exact dialogue is

Azura: Hmm. I see. In that case, you SHOULD feel terrible.

Avatar: Wow. Thanks a lot, Azura.

Azura: No, listen... Just because you've chosen this path doesn't mean you have to like it. Get upset. Throw a fit. Cry into your pillow! I'd be worried if his death didn't upset you.

I really hate the Trumpkumi jokes. Trump is a very real threat to America if he gets elected while Takumi is an angry teenager who lost his parents to war and doesn't like Nohr for legitimate reasons (such as killing his parents and trying to invade his country), even if he's sometimes doesn't make the best decisions regarding it because he's an emotional shitty teenager with a lot of baggage. It's pretty gross to compare to the two.

I like Takumi. Poor kid is suffering.

I really hate the Trumpkumi jokes. Trump is a very real threat to America if he gets elected while Takumi is an angry teenager who lost his parents to war and doesn't like Nohr for legitimate reasons (such as killing his parents and trying to invade his country), even if he's sometimes doesn't make the best decisions regarding it because he's an emotional shitty teenager with a lot of baggage. It's pretty gross to compare to the two.

I like Takumi. Poor kid is suffering.

Yeah, no, I'm sorry, but Takumi is a Prince with responsibilities in the world that do not extend to hating Nohr. When he is ordering his men to charge blindly into Nohrian defenses that they cannot overcome, he is, as I said earlier, hating Nohr more than he loves Hoshido. It is perfectly fine that he hates Corrin, it is perfectly fine that he hates Nohr, but there is no excuse for making your own people suffer because of that. And, fine, he is a teenager, but the Hoshidans were stupid to give him any position in the first place. And you are aware that those are just jokes, right? Very few people actually consider Takumi to be as bad as a Trump, it's just a running joke I have going, that's all. Edited by blah the Prussian

It's still fucking gross to compare him to Trump, whatever you think of his leadership abilities, or there lackof.

Mind, I think it's extremely poor taste to compare anything in this game with Trump.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It's still fucking gross to compare him to Trump, whatever you think of his leadership abilities, or there lackof.

Mind, I think it's extremely poor taste to compare anything in this game with Trump.

I'd hate to see what you think of the Downfall parodies.

Yeah, no, I'm sorry, but Takumi is a Prince with responsibilities in the world that do not extend to hating Nohr. When he is ordering his men to charge blindly into Nohrian defenses that they cannot overcome, he is, as I said earlier, hating Nohr more than he loves Hoshido. It is perfectly fine that he hates Corrin, it is perfectly fine that he hates Nohr, but there is no excuse for making your own people suffer because of that. And, fine, he is a teenager, but the Hoshidans were stupid to give him any position in the first place. And you are aware that those are just jokes, right? Very few people actually consider Takumi to be as bad as a Trump, it's just a running joke I have going, that's all.

When does he ever do that? I can't recall a single instance of him ever telling his men to charge blindly into Nohrian defences, but it might be because I only saw Conquest in the Fan Translation patch, so some things might be changed in the localization.

(Needless to say, I'm on Team #PraiseLordTakumi-Sama)

Also, this is slightly unrelated, but can Trump even legally become a president anymore? As someone who isn't from the USA and isn't that invested in politics but still has heard of what Trump's been preaching, I've noticed that several of the things he says violate human rights and I've seen holocaust survivors comparing him to Hitler. And some of his arguments are the kind of arguments used by 5-year olds (like "But he started it."). That's not the kind of person who should be running for president.

Also, this is slightly unrelated, but can Trump even legally become a president anymore? As someone who isn't from the USA and isn't that invested in politics but still has heard of what Trump's been preaching, I've noticed that several of the things he says violate human rights and I've seen holocaust survivors comparing him to Hitler. And some of his arguments are the kind of arguments used by 5-year olds (like "But he started it."). That's not the kind of person who should be running for president.

If people vote for him, and he fits the criteria in the constitution, yes. I personally hate everyone involved in this election, so I probably won't be voting, but I know quite a few people who support Trump.

When does he ever do that? I can't recall a single instance of him ever telling his men to charge blindly into Nohrian defences, but it might be because I only saw Conquest in the Fan Translation patch, so some things might be changed in the localization.

(Needless to say, I'm on Team #PraiseLordTakumi-Sama)

Chapter 10, Conquest. The entire chapter is a reckless and flawed plan by Takumi where he sacrifices countless of his men (all while cowering behind them, mind you) that is at least partially motivated by his hatred of Corrin. You don't do that shit with human life.

Both ?

Imo it just bad writing wrapped hidden in a pretty package, he does look realistic, after all, why shouldn't he be cold to this so called brother/sister of his coming from Nohr (Which, btw, the writers didn't do jack about it.)? Plus, there is this lack of confidence, middle child syndrom, that's interesting.

But they went overboard with it and make him into a complete and idiotic jerk and going as far as doing... what he did in Conquest and vilifying him for hating Kamui, despite actually having the right to do so.

No matter which angle I look at him, at him, he is badly written. Really, it's more like #blamewriting than #blametakumi.

I feel bad for you, blah, for looking at his failures as a prince. Many other FE-Lords would facepalm at him.

Edited by B.Leu

I vote Praise Takumi. It's nice to have a character that carries the animosity you'd expect from having your parents killed and country invaded. For almost everyone else, the game bends over backwards to make Kamui look like a saint (and Takumi is vilified in Conquest for even MORE Kamui praise). He's honestly one of the better written protagonists in the series, in my opinion.

And what does Hoshido get from a won battle? The way the port is arranged means that the Hoshidans are taking horrific casualties to take it, Corrin or no Corrin. Also, wasn't Corrin the only reason Takumi Trump attacked in the first place? Regardless, so Hoshido has the port, now what? The Nohrians can now easily shift their army south and entrap the Hoshidan beachhead. The Hoshidans are being supplied over sea, which is always more tenuous than an overland supply route. The Nohrians can easily turn the city into a death trap, and the Hoshidans can only funnel more men in, who will just proceed to be lost when the perimeter finally breaks. They are also facing a hostile populace, which is a nightmare in any situation, but this one especially. A hostile populace is, quite frankly, death here. This can only be a strategic and tactical failure for Hoshido, and the worst part is that Takumi Trump faces no punishment whatsoever for his failure. A simple demotion would be nice.

Isn't it unfair to single Takumi out for poor/unrealistic tactical choices when the game runs on Nonsensium? Tons of characters make tactically unsound moves with little concern of logistics but that says more about the writing of the game as a whole (and gameplay/story segregation) than particular characters. This isn't the game to play if you want realistic war tactics.

I find myself more likely to praise Takumi and considering how quick I usually am in disliking the rude, unreasonable tsundere who rips on other to feel better, I think that means something.

Takumi avoids many typical pitfalls because he warms up to others faster then his average kind of Tsundere and in his retainers we have two examples of him clearly being very fond of people. In Corrin's case there is also a 33% chance that he's pretty much right in distrusting him.

Chapter 10, Conquest. The entire chapter is a reckless and flawed plan by Takumi where he sacrifices countless of his men (all while cowering behind them, mind you) that is at least partially motivated by his hatred of Corrin. You don't do that shit with human life.

If I'm remembering correctly, that is one of the chapters with the most dialogue changes. I'll rewatch a video later to see what you're talking about, but I don't think Takumi's plan was intended to be that reckless and flawed. The game does a pretty shitty job of explaining the reasons for each plan, after all.

Edited by Luankachu

If I'm remembering correctly, that is one of the chapters with the most dialogue changes. I'll rewatch a video later to see what you're talking about, but I don't think Takumi's plan was intended to be that reckless and flawed. The game does a pretty shitty job of explaining the reasons for each plan, after all.

Of particular note is a passage at the end where it is basically outright stated that the Hoshidan forces took horrific casualties. I don't necessarily care if it was intentional or not, because it was presented as wrong (I agree) that Takumi would continue to push forwards. I consider the Gallipoli analogy to be a good one; it was the same reckless disregard for the lives of his men.

#PraiseTakumi

Only one of the Hoshido siblings to react appropriately to the whole Kamui thing/Nohr invasion. Nice supports that show his insecurities as well as what a kind person he is. Great unit.

I still think Leo and Takumi should have been the Lords this game.

Yes

#PraiseTakumi

Only one of the Hoshido siblings to react appropriately to the whole Kamui thing/Nohr invasion. Nice supports that show his insecurities as well as what a kind person he is. Great unit.

Yes

Even more yes. Leo is a very enjoyable character, and Takumi has a lot of potential for growth. Leo would be especially refreshing as a more tactically orientated Lord.

Even more yes. Leo is a very enjoyable character, and Takumi has a lot of potential for growth. Leo would be especially refreshing as a more tactically orientated Lord.

Please. Don't hurt me like this. I can taste the dream but I can not consume it. I have no mouth and I must scream.

Why did you not make Leo and Takumi the main lords, IS!? WHY!? All that I have is bitter, salty tears.

Not to mention the potential character development each of them would bring to the other siblings had they been main characters instead of everything being so player worshippy.

I always took it for granted Ryoma and Xander would have been the lords without an avatar, but the younger bros would've had so much more potential.

*gestures around personal space* This is a #PraiseTakumi area. Kid is making archers cool again, and will crit your face into oblivion with Fujin. Hes given a shit hand in Conquest because the narrative deems it necessary to punish him repeatedly for simply having the balls to dislike Corrin. And defend his nation. :/

I still think Leo and Takumi should have been the Lords this game.

This is what Conquest's endgame should've amounted to.

Kappa but I agree with your statement.