How often do you save scum in games?

IceBrand

I don'-

ESPECIALLY in Phoenix Wright games.

Ohh... yeah, you got me there. It got a lot less so eventually, though, after I figured out sort of, the right way to approach thinking things. But yeah, at the start, I mean...

Depends on how annoyed I am. I generally avoid it, but if I just keep on dying or I really don't want to redo something, I'll state. Main exception's Wii U Minecraft: I'll savescum to the Nether and back if necessary.

A lot in FE and DQ. FE because no dying allowed, DQ because... no wipeouts allowed because half my money!

Except one time when I basically resigned myself to the fate of wipeout but didn't want to beat Trapbox again.

lmao I'm trash and savescum a lot

its not even that im bad at games because operating on a handheld or console is fine but its so convenient to do on a computer

Edited by Papyrus

I don'-

Ohh... yeah, you got me there. It got a lot less so eventually, though, after I figured out sort of, the right way to approach thinking things. But yeah, at the start, I mean...

I actually started savescumming more in Phoenix Wright as I got more into the games. In PW1 I didn't do it very often. But then later on I had to do it more often...I felt like there were a few times when I'd think something else might be a possible answer.

Also I usually just look up the answer when I need to use apollo's bracelet.

OH and more generally, I do it habitually with ZSNES because I just got used to it. Otherwise I usually don't. I savescummed a lot in one run of PoR because I wanted to get a great transfers run for some dumb reason. I actually got an SD card while playing on a wii and transferred battle suspend saves to an SD card before levelling up, and restarted and transferred the back up save when I got a level up I didn't want.

OH and more generally, I do it habitually with ZSNES because I just got used to it. Otherwise I usually don't. I savescummed a lot in one run of PoR because I wanted to get a great transfers run for some dumb reason. I actually got an SD card while playing on a wii and transferred battle suspend saves to an SD card before levelling up, and restarted and transferred the back up save when I got a level up I didn't want.

So perfect or bust? I actually wonder what that would look like in the end I don't think I have ever maxed out a unit completely in POR one or two stats per unit generally...

I haven't played an emulator before (I'm always scared to download things and most forums don't let people say where to get the safe ones) so... However with my tendency to hard reset if things go really really bad(as it well my army just got wiped kinda sad) Tells me I probably would use it in frustrating situations... If you count RD battle saves I may or may not have abused Brom's disarm to uh acquire some normally unavailable weapons... Who!!!!!!! Venin Lance FTW! I really wish Disarm would come back along with stealing it was such a fun mechanic...

So perfect or bust? I actually wonder what that would look like in the end I don't think I have ever maxed out a unit completely in POR one or two stats per unit generally...

I haven't played an emulator before (I'm always scared to download things and most forums don't let people say where to get the safe ones) so... However with my tendency to hard reset if things go really really bad(as it well my army just got wiped kinda sad) Tells me I probably would use it in frustrating situations... If you count RD battle saves I may or may not have abused Brom's disarm to uh acquire some normally unavailable weapons... Who!!!!!!! Venin Lance FTW! I really wish Disarm would come back along with stealing it was such a fun mechanic...

I wouldn't go as far as perfect stats, but I went way overboard with it.

I've actually seen some great results in PoR without RNG abuse, but I don't usually see max luck, as an example (Mist comes to mind as a potential exception).