Sacred Stones Mafia: Redux (Game Over)

ZoesMad

Okay, so it's something in the post...

Quote replacement: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63122&page=34#entry4360743

I don't see a point in defending myself directly to this but I do find this post to have scum intent. In particular I am getting the impression that they were already going to make this post and their question to me about SB was just a buffer to generate interaction before slinging mud at me. i.e. It didn't matter what I said about my change in read for SB, they had already made up their mind to post this and the question was for show.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't help but notice that FK and Clarinets got prodded but not SB despite his not being around.

That makes me think either:

a) The hosts forgot he existed, or

b) He is being allowed to lurk intentionally (does not make sense for a town mason)

actually no, Crysta's post is dishonest but I can see posting it as town

and now that I give Junko a second look one thing catches me eye as odd

First he asks for other town game info.

## vote makaze

basically my thoughts summed up in my announcement with just a little more. Basically I feel like Makaze is way to willing switch off for ??? reasons as SB said. Notice how they switch off marth when the wagon is starting to build momentum and they seemingly try to divert it for Faerie knight for "pressure." I'm finding that their SB read was pretty puzzling (and felt kind of slight misrer since what SB said isn't a waffle post. Also unless i'm dumb I don't see any sb posts when the marth wagon was like at one up until marth was like at 6 so i can't see how sb couldn't have taken a stand? Although I guess you could say your reasons were bad and not just scummy its the timing of the vote that is bugging me.

@Makaze can you link a game where you were town so we can see your voting style.

Makaze>shinori because of the comment from shinori I talked about before.

Then he stalls on reading it.

##unvote

pretty sure that was L-1, it's 6 to hammer right?

yeah I don't really have any defense towards that except that clarinets vote. Although I guess this isn't much of a defense clarinets was constantly making me second guess myself and since he hadn't posted in a while I was hoping to get some more content out of his new posts. Did not really get any new thoughts on clarinets though from that post. IDK why this player is so hard to read for me.

The rest were my honest thoughts though.

Haven't looked at Makaze's older games yet because homework although honestly i'm not even sure if its worth it at this point since it seems ridiculous for scum to say "full clear" reads.

Shinori is also looking townier again since as scum I feel like he might have been able to just BS something instead of looking for something that hasn't seen by other people.

Strawmans latest post just gives me a null feeling.

This game is feeling stuck for me again and I'm really starting to wish i'd just stuck to clarinets originally although that self vote threw me off >_>. Don't really want to risk it now though because if he is town that is not good whatosever.

Then when he actually reads it, he makes a point of saying it isn't conclusive.

honestly the biggest thing stopping me from going through with this Makaze thing is the fact that they called clarinets and strawman clear. Why limit your voting options as scum? It just seems silly to me since there tons of others way they could have said it. Really want to hear this from the people who want a makaze lynch.

I did go look back and look at a makaze town game, AM/PM 2. While there posting style felt the same I did feel that they were a lot more consistent with their votes. Despite this the above has pretty much made me cease to a halt.

And finally he unvotes me without getting any conclusive info and no further explanations.

Blatant fluffing in my opinion.

his marth case doesn't make sense... wut,

why does it feel like you're just hopping onto whatever lynch feels best? It felt like this last phase too, didn't know what to think about it but it keeps on happening.

As for the game itself still waiting for the sb/faerie claim since it might my change my whole perception of the game. Just really hope they do it soon because I do not want to have to find out close to deadline >_>.

I also noticed I was still voting Makaze for some reason.

## unvote

if I had to do something at this point I'd probably lynch strawman out what seems to be the three but I really want SB's claim first before I do anything.

But that's just to do with me. His behavior regarding hammers doesn't make sense.

I'm tempted to half lynch clarinets i'll not lie lol because even if he is town I feel this would help get better associatives dramatically, Although never assume anything is confirmed off of that, can be a dangerous assumption.

@strawman, how come yolo over clarinets tho?

Also sorry but I'm having trouble buying that explanation since I don't see why you could have mentioned that on D1 since you implied you found Marth town totally?

moving yolo from slight town to null since I think I remember a game where he coasted the entire time and was scum,

Prims reaction test pretty lame tbh since he doesn't actually say anything about ars nova's response. Feels like padding out content although we'll see later when he does post content.

As of right now I would be fine with a clarinets,strawman, or prims lynch, i'd consolidate on yolo.

Not really feeling the ars nova lynch atm, Tone feels townie to me.

Shinori null, did not have much activity in AM/PM 2 either.

##unvote

## vote clarinets

pretty tired of thinking and I feel like this would be the best lynch even if it was a town flip. Hopefully this pressure will also actually spur him to post.

okay that's cool.

kind of want to get shinori's thoughts as well but tbh i'm tired of waiting.

##vote ars nova

First be backs off of Clarinets way early to avoid a hammer, then he pushes one in without a second thought.

I can't see any reason for this change in such a short period of time.

lol @ my cases not making sense when all you have to do is ISO Yolo to see all the times he calls me scummy without giving a case or reason. Versus the one time on day one he actually tried to make a case against me but voted Marth instead.

Also this gem in which he prompts Makaze for reasons when he gives little to none of his own.

when are you going to hunt scum in this game makaze? which of these players are scummy and why? the only conviction ive seen from you is in regards to my slot and your wrongness there will soon be evident

when are you going to hunt scum in this game makaze? which of these players are scummy and why? the only conviction ive seen from you is in regards to my slot and your wrongness there will soon be evident

lol @ my cases not making sense when all you have to do is ISO Yolo to see all the times he calls me scummy without giving a case or reason. Versus the one time on day one he actually tried to make a case against me but voted Marth instead.

Also this gem in which he prompts Makaze for reasons when he gives little to none of his own.

Thank you for reminding me.

I have to apologize for my behavior this game. My head isn't all here and I haven't really been paying much attention since Nova died. I can't trust my cases when something I was so sure about turned out to be wrong. I find myself finding reasons to suspect every player including Clarinets and Prims and lose sight of the big picture. Not saying I'm going to become less jumpy or gain perspective, but I am town and my jumpy reads are coming from a town perspective.

Sorry for wasting your time.

My overall reads are pretty straightforward, so here's an update (Junko read is new, I hadn't given him much thought before):

Strawman - Tone: definitively Town; Content: Null

Shinori - Tone: still town!Shinori in my opinion; Content: town!Shinori too

Faerie Knight - Tone: Angry; Content: Strongly implying masons, so probably town

SB - Tone: not around to have a tone; Content: What content - only reason I'm not policy lynching him is Mason implication

Crysta - Tone: has both Town and Mafia tones, but predominately; Content: null

Clarinets - Tone: null; Content: Associatively condemning (Nova's case plus actions today)

Prims - Tone: Traditional Prims, unreadable; Content: There are some town posts but others are especially cagey. I can't make a decision. Will vote when he stops using half decent reasoning. There's also the claim that he disables a Mafia role on death, which means lynching him could be a good idea for multiple reasons. Plus the Mafia wouldn't want to lynch that role, so whether he is Mafia or town we have something to gain here.

Junko - Tone: wafflecone; Content: Growing scummier by the minute

Yoloswag - Tone: Scumleaning; Content: Scumleaning (see pretty much every one of his posts)

Would lynch: Anyone from Crysta down, in reverse order of priority.

Yolo > Junko > Prims > Clarinets (?) > Crysta

SB is viable as long as he doesn't show up and clear things up if only to get something real out of FK's double clear.

##Unvote

##Vote Yolo

Yesterday's hammer annoyed me more than I initially thought so I backed off for a day to cool off. Sorry.

@Are we masons, yes and no. We technically aren't masons but when your role pm basically says "this guy is Eirika" and looks like it was converted straight from a mason role pm you tend to think that They Are Town.

@Makaze a few pages back, your playstyle has nothing to do with my read on you. I've read games of and played with people with similar styles to you, but be way more productive with it. It's possible to have scattered posts and chase a lot of weak reads as town, yes, but the fact remains that basically none of the reads you chased went anywhere. There's no progression in your posts; you vote a person and then forget about them a few pages later which makes it look like you're happy to jump on anything. The only exception to this is your Strawman read and ONLY in the past day phase. Yes, I read scum intent; you're happy to basically lynch anyone and jump around at basically random. It doesn't even read like town paranoia, it reads like "yeah sure whatever I'll lynch these dudes cool" and looks like you don't care about who you're lynching.

Also I don't think I've played with you ever except for a joke game and eimms (multiple joke games).

@Town: Pay attention to the votals. Three of the most disgusting slots in the game want me dead as their first choice when the scumteam need a mislynch on D3 which is one of the most important phases.

I am mostly fine with Omega until this line just feels... super forced? It looks like he just stacked it full of buzzphrases "day 3 is very important!", "three of these players are scummy!" which you could really do with anything if you tried hard enough.

I don't think I've ever read a Shinori case and agreed with it before but I just did. Help? I still think Makaze is scummier though.

I am torn between agreeing with Strawman's confusion at the game in general (also the votes on his wagon are iffy, see Omega and surprise Clarinets out of nowhere) and deciding his posts suck because they kind of do.

I know its deadline soon but I still feel mentally clocked out of this game. Idk what it is. Pls give me a new definitely-not-mason-buddy hosts. Looking at Strawman again.

Uh assuming sb and faerie are masons doesn't that mean 4 confirmed town? Sb farie, manix and prims since he can communicate with via it seems? Having a hard time bekieving that scenario.

Makaze would you honestly believe as scum i would vote you with a vote that i could push pretty easily then 2 minutes later unvote >_>. Also yes i kmow this is self metA. Ars nova i thought confirmed scum, clarinets not Omay gtg school bell aboutgo ring.

Proto/Rainbow subs Faerie Knight effective immediately. You have 5 hours and 8 minutes before phase end. OP edits and votals coming when I get home.

@SB: ...have you asked the mod if it's confirmed the other player is town or not?

Proto are you scum?

yolo I'll get back to you about Via's opinions. I'm gonna be at school all day but I should be able to hammer over phone if need be.

##Unvote

##Vote: Strawman to put him at L-1.

Please claim. Also when you do explain why your role made you believe Marth's claim but not enough to switch off him

Yesterday's hammer annoyed me more than I initially thought so I backed off for a day to cool off. Sorry.

@Are we masons, yes and no. We technically aren't masons but when your role pm basically says "this guy is Eirika" and looks like it was converted straight from a mason role pm you tend to think that They Are Town.

@Makaze a few pages back, your playstyle has nothing to do with my read on you. I've read games of and played with people with similar styles to you, but be way more productive with it. It's possible to have scattered posts and chase a lot of weak reads as town, yes, but the fact remains that basically none of the reads you chased went anywhere. There's no progression in your posts; you vote a person and then forget about them a few pages later which makes it look like you're happy to jump on anything. The only exception to this is your Strawman read and ONLY in the past day phase. Yes, I read scum intent; you're happy to basically lynch anyone and jump around at basically random. It doesn't even read like town paranoia, it reads like "yeah sure whatever I'll lynch these dudes cool" and looks like you don't care about who you're lynching.

Also I don't think I've played with you ever except for a joke game and eimms (multiple joke games).

I am mostly fine with Omega until this line just feels... super forced? It looks like he just stacked it full of buzzphrases "day 3 is very important!", "three of these players are scummy!" which you could really do with anything if you tried hard enough.

I don't think I've ever read a Shinori case and agreed with it before but I just did. Help? I still think Makaze is scummier though.

I am torn between agreeing with Strawman's confusion at the game in general (also the votes on his wagon are iffy, see Omega and surprise Clarinets out of nowhere) and deciding his posts suck because they kind of do.

I know its deadline soon but I still feel mentally clocked out of this game. Idk what it is. Pls give me a new definitely-not-mason-buddy hosts. Looking at Strawman again.

Okay then. I'll consider SB and FK cleared.

I can't really fault you for having that opinion, you're not really wrong. But I like to think that scum!me would at least try to be consistent. This method is too risky and haphazard likely to get me lynched. Especially given that as scum I would not want to out my reads as much in general.

I've lost almost all confidence in my own reads because I was wrong about Nova and apparently Clarinets, SB and FK too, meaning I am in fact okay with most lynches outside of SB, FK, Shinori and Strawman. Even my own lynch would give town something to get us out of the lock.

The problem with lynching me is that I am too easy to lynch and you won't be able to get ton of info on me when I flip.

Which reminds me: Clarinets made a strong point about townreading me throughout D1.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63122&page=16#entry4349321

Has this read changed, Clarinets? If not, why have you remained silent about the cases on me? If it has, then doubly so?

Utilitarian standpoint has me thinking Strawman is a good lynch even if he's not my strongest scumread because he's been a main suspect for two days straight + he himself claims to be demotivated now so probably won't be posting any blockbuster cases.

I'm home, 4 hours left apparently.

I guess I'm okay with a strawman since it answers some questions I have about him/Junko/Yolo. I also don't really see it changing at this point in time.

Can hammer if need be.

Cormag the Town Vanilla

LOL SB just literally revealed that he actually didn't have FK's alignment given to him, and everyone comes in here saying "YEAH K BOTH CONFIRMED TOWN"

Also @ whoever asked Makaze is null. He flips between town moments or progression and reads and erratic scum who seems fine with whatever lynch. I wouldn't lynch him before yolo.

SMH @ whichever of Strawman/Makaze is town and not scumreading the other. It's very obvious that there's scum between the two; they should be fighting tooth and nail to reveal to town who is innocent and who is guilty.

Votals: 3.4

Makaze (1): SB

Strawman (5): Crysta, Clarinets, Yolo, Prims (L-1!)

Yolo (2): Strawman, Makaze

Not voting (3): Proto, Shinori, Junko,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to hammer. You have approximately 3 hours and 22 minutes left.

Edited by Lord Gaius

Isn't Yolo on Strawm

Straw pls explain your thought process on Marth I asked you about

Yolo why Dao you think there absolutely has to be scum between them? I mean they are scummy but I don't see a 1v1

@Prims: Its as simple as that my own role is vanilla town. Its an easy and not at all helpful claim. Manix had already been theorizing role madness. Seemed like a bad claim for a scum to try and not get lynched.