How you’re still completely missing the point of Azama’s character (and why, yes, he is smarter than you):

gnubz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that some people ITT have implied characters like Leo or freaking Forrest are well written is pretty hilarious.

You, uh

wanna expand on that thought?

regarding the topic, Azama's may be an absurdist but I don't think that intristically leads towards purposefully pecking at people's insecurities with no regards to their mental health or well-being. Jakob and Niles are assholes but they at least care for their allies and friends and will apologize if they fuck up really bad (especially bad). Jakob himself never really seeks out anyone to attack besides Rinkah. Azama only ever really aplogizes when he's either being threatened (Kagero) or getting the shit beaten out of him (Sakura) which makes him seem really shallow.

hate might be a bit much, but people dislike her (Setusna's) personality

>Setsuna

>Personality

Pick one.

None of this changes how I feel towards Azama, though. Regardless of his motives, he still ends being a bully to many of the characters.

Ditto.

I'm glad that the localization team put effort to do what that did, but he's still an absolute ass and I honestly and wholeheartedly hate him.

I can understand why people like him, everyone has their own opinions and tastes, and objectively he's not an awful character, but he REALLY just gets on my nerves. That's hard to do, especially for a video game character.

The fact that some people ITT have implied characters like Leo or freaking Forrest are well written is pretty hilarious.

I am also waiting for some elaboration on this.

As for Azama, I like him. In real life, I generally ignore people that aren't able to show common courtesy; his rudeness is easy for me to look over. His supports aren't even that bad, sans the Kagero one, which was changed for the better in the localization. He honestly looks like he belongs in Samurai Champloo or Afro Samurai; that gives him extra points in my book.

Setsuna is waifu. That is all.

I recall a time where Azama would have been universally hailed by the fandom as the greatest character in the entire game, and to question his brilliance would be blasphemy

Perhaps, but this is the same fandom that developed an obsession with fucking Gheb of all people, so...

Perhaps, but this is the same fandom that developed an obsession with fucking Gheb of all people, so...

Minor bosses used to be great, FERD was a minor boss goldmine and since then the minor boss quality has gone down down down

I recall a time where Azama would have been universally hailed by the fandom as the greatest character in the entire game, and to question his brilliance would be blasphemy

Maybe if he was fat.

I'm glad OP posted this topic. I love him as well! I rather admire his absurdism. I feel he's able to enjoy life a lot more. And he's not nearly as rude as every seems to imply. I also liked his supports with Hinoka. He's better written than nearly all the characters I have read supports for thus far. Not saying much though.

ITT people feel threatened by a forum topic title and hop aboard the srs train to defend their intelligence. lol

I'm glad OP posted this topic. I love him as well! I rather admire his absurdism. I feel he's able to enjoy life a lot more. And he's not nearly as rude as every seems to imply. I also liked his supports with Hinoka. He's better written than nearly all the characters I have read supports for thus far. Not saying much though.

ITT people feel threatened by a forum topic title and hop aboard the srs train to defend their intelligence. lol

Is this sarcasm? I hope it is, because you're acting like a bit of an arse if it isn't.

Is this sarcasm? I hope it is, because you're acting like a bit of an arse if it isn't.

It is sarcasm, but isn't that the point? It was rather silly reading people reply with "a video game character is not smarter than me", being a rather obvious statement and all. Silly thing to be worked up about. Ironically the reaction to the thread mimicked an Azama support quite well! Life is simply azamaing.

I honestly hope this is just some troll bait.

I won't lie - the only reason why I tolerate Azama is because I have a thing for Matthew Mercer and Mitama is a cool chick.

Azama's wearing pompoms on his shirt. That's so silly! You're silly, Azama.

It is sarcasm, but isn't that the point? It was rather silly reading people reply with "a video game character is not smarter than me", being a rather obvious statement and all. Silly thing to be worked up about. Ironically the reaction to the thread mimicked an Azama support quite well! Life is simply azamaing.

Well, the internet doesn't allow them to react to you the same way Kagero reacted to Azama.

Until I have to step in and actually mod threads.

SF has standards.

I imagine Azama in a fedora would look something like this defense lawyer from the Miles Edgeworth Investigation series of games—but with his eyes closed or with star irises.

25717.jpg?t=1438549094

You, uh

wanna expand on that thought?

Gladly. Leo is pretty much your boring and stoic prince with no real flaws. He's like if you take Takumi and make him less interesting and dynamic and give him less agency. Add some arrogance and acting like a hypocrite (the way he treats Zola) and you have Leo. In the Japanese version, there's barely a difference. He's just a bit less arrogant and a bit more dweebish and nerdy. Not saying he's terribly written, but I just don't consider him well written. He's just there.

Localized Forrest is just a complete disaster though. He's a passive-aggressive and sassy little prick, literally: "STRONG INDEPENDENT TRAP WHO DON'T NEED NO DAD". In the Japanese version I didn't mind him at all because he was much less haughty and just a boy who liked girly clothing.

ah yes, we were all expertly trolled xD lmao

Gladly. Leo is pretty much your boring and stoic prince with no real flaws. He's like if you take Takumi and make him less interesting and dynamic and give him less agency. Add some arrogance and acting like a hypocrite (the way he treats Zola) and you have Leo. In the Japanese version, there's barely a difference. He's just a bit less arrogant and a bit more dweebish and nerdy. Not saying he's terribly written, but I just don't consider him well written. He's just there.

Localized Forrest is just a complete disaster though. He's a passive-aggressive and sassy little prick, literally: "STRONG INDEPENDENT TRAP WHO DON'T NEED NO DAD". In the Japanese version I didn't mind him at all because he was much less haughty and just a boy who liked girly clothing.

So, essentially, your opinions? I can accept that.

I can agree on Leo, but I'm not seeing where your getting passive-aggressive and sassy from. He's really only like that in his paralouge, and that's really only because his dad (Leo) is being a huge prick in general. After his paralouge most of his supports show him as a pretty gentle guy, who even makes a whole outfit for Rhajat depite Rhajat literally going up to his face and saying "I hate you".

I can agree on Leo, but I'm not seeing where your getting passive-aggressive and sassy from. He's really only like that in his paralouge, and that's really only because his dad (Leo) is being a huge prick in general. After his paralouge most of his supports show him as a pretty gentle guy, who even makes a whole outfit for Rhajat depite Rhajat literally going up to his face and saying "I hate you".

I was confused too. Like, he was nothing but sweet in all the supports I got for him. I didn't see any sass. If him telling Leo that if he can't be accepting, then Leo isn't good enough to have Forrest as a son is considered "sass", and not him telling his abusive father off, then you have a pretty skewed idea of sass is.

That changes things. . .a lot.

TC, unless you post in this thread saying that blog is yours, I'm closing this. If you're online after I post this message and say nothing, I'll assume you plagiarized from that blog, and close this.

Your call.

Cool, he's still 100% an asshole who I have sworn to forever hate thanks to his supports with Sakura and especially Kagero.

The bullshit he pulls in Kagero makes me incredibly uncomfortable to the point where I dropped the game for awhile. Literally no 'he's deep!!' will change that because I don't care if he could cure cancer he's a complete dickbag and unforgivable.