Kaga views on Fire emblem Fates and Awakening

Yeah, a system is not going to be perfect when it's first there. But the Kaga team came up with the idea, and it's been a staple in FE ever since. The ultimate thing that people end up saying against Kaga is that the early games had a lot of imbalances - but remember Dual Guard/Attack/Pair Up in FE13? Because that was probably about as bad.Second generation, plot wise was done the best in FE4. Implementation wise, I liked it in FE14 (but not the plot justification) and in FE13 is poor, but I prefer they go back to the way they did it in FE4 if they ever do it again.

FE13 buyable rescue is a perfect example of inbalance lmao

Also the Conquest Birthright splitting also comes from Kaga team

Seriously speaking a lot of things in Conquest seems taken straight from FE5. The almost copy pasta ending of Camilla and Selphina in particular made me lol

Edited by JSND

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He even directed the Zeta compilation movies in the mid-2000s. What Kaga and IS did and what Tomino/Sunrise did are night and day.

Yeah but both franchises are clearly suffering from similar problems. Both franchises about war that now lack the people who grew up in the worst of post war Japan and had a different attitude about how to portray conflicts.

https://amielleon.dreamwidth.org/227637.html

Edited by Irysa

Seriously speaking a lot of things in Conquest seems taken straight from FE5. The almost copy pasta ending of Camilla and Selphina in particular made me lol

The prison system and the weapon system are also a pretty bastardized form of stuff we saw in Berwick Saga. Would be cool as hell if we could actually have bounties or keep prisoners for ransom though.

He made Mobile Suit Gundam/Zeta/ZZ/Char's Counterattack/Victory/Turn-A Gundam/G-reco. EDIT: Also, F91.EDIT: The first four were in the 80s, F91 was 1991, Victory was around 1995, Turn-A was around 98, G-reco was 2014.He even directed the Zeta compilation movies in the mid-2000s. What Kaga and IS did and what Tomino/Sunrise did are night and day.

I know about those but what other 2014 anime did he make.

FE13 buyable rescue is a perfect example of inbalance lmao

Also the Conquest Birthright splitting also comes from Kaga team

I wouldn't mind the next fire Emblem taking stuff from Fe 7. In fe7 the wizard who told mark he was sent to their world to do something. The next game could but it like the Avatar(you) must bring together 3 others(Lord) and with them you can beat the dragon/Evil emperor. They could bring dismount and other stuff.

I know about those but what other 2014 anime did he make. I wouldn't mind the next fire Emblem taking stuff from Fe 7. In fe7 the wizard who told mark he was sent to their world to do something. The next game could but it like the Avatar(you) must bring together 3 others(Lord) and with them you can beat the dragon/Evil emperor. They could bring dismount and other stuff.

Plz, Beruka x Saizo localized support is basically Dorcas Vaida episode 2

Hmm... In this case, I'd say that there is this gap between game/anime/manga writers before and after 2000. It's hard to say, because every era has its own distingtion - the excessive materialism of the 80s, the economic burst of the 90s, the mass-connection and influx of information of the 00s, etc. But as you can see clearly, the old artists certainly have much more freedom than nowaday (debateable.)

It's strange, very strange. As Japan and other Asian countries in general have been adopting the Western approach to work - fast, direct, personal, and pushing the decision down; the work ethnic within game companies and the entertainment industry as general has been more and more bereaucratic and systematic (everything done by a team whose leader, responsibility, etc. are clear) as the cost of production goes up and the salary goes down. Even when you consider how Japanese firms have been making decisions for decades (every employees, even ones that are miles away from being affected are always asked before a new policy is implemented), it's still a strange occurent.

Not to mentions the fandom has a very strong influence to their own medium. For example, to those usually up-to-date with light novel, the genre "Boy lost in another world and becomes a hero" is on its apex and pretty much saturate the market at this moment. Why does this occur doesn't matter to us (the depressing reality of Japanese youth), but you can see that the authors are much more catering to their audience. There is the part of the companies (market researchs, convention, etc.) and the creators (social networks, comments, etc.) It's clear that no author can live in their own world now, or we would be extremely astonished to the ideas that they present.

...What am I saying again?

Bottom line: It's more possible for Kaga to be ambivalent about the newer games. Simply put it, he might find them too... bizzare.

Edited by False Prophet

• 1 month later...

I think he'd be happy that the franchise he once helmed has become so successful, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Heck he didn't even realize us English speakers knew who he was when some of us contacted him about his new game.

Little late to the convo here, but is this dialogue publically avilable anywhere?