The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Spearow! It's faster and stronger than Pidgey, and also gets Drill Peck. However, Drill Peck isn't obtained until level 40, so it has to make do with Peck and then the Aerial Ace TM once you get it, so for most of the game, it still doesn't have anything better than Wing Attack. Other than Peck/Aerial Ace, it's only got Fury Attack. And again, Flying STAB is only really useful against Erika and Rival's Venusaur, if he has one. So 5/10.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Rating will come later...maybe.

8/10, +.5 bias for being my first ever Pokemon. 8.5/10

EDIT: I'm stupid, I forgot about her water heavy Hoenn is. I'm taking a full point off.

i don't mean to necropost sort of, but in ruby+sapphire, blaziken essentially shits on the E4(sidney with fighting moves, neutral vs sophia, fighting for glacia, not really vs drake, but LOLSTEVEN gets smashed). And judging from what i read, no one put ruby+sapphire in consideration(since i read so much about wallace and juan)? I'm probably wrong since i skimmed

Edited by Kitty of Time

It's better to have around than Pidgey in the early game due to Peck. But once Doduo comes around, Fearow's time is coming to a close.

5.5/10 - Nice to have during the earlygame. It's better than Pidgey due to earlier STAB, and it learns all of the same HMs as well. Competition will come later on in the form of Doduo, and Fearow has nothing to differentiate itself from the two headed bird.

It's got arguably better typing than Beautifly (x4 Fight resist, x4 Grass resist, x2 Rock weak), but oh those offensive stats are painful (50/50/65). Dustox struggles to do damage to anything in the earlygame. For reference, 50 Sp.A is the same Mudkip has. Now its pretty good for Mudkip. But Dustox has evolved twice and only now does it match the offenses of a Mudkip. That's just sad. >.< No early Absorb removes any hope of having utility against Roxanne, but Gust and Confusion can provide something as a last resort against Brawly.

1/10 - Purely from utility against Brawly. It's so terrible at attacking, all of its stats suck (bar SDef but who cares about that ingame), its typing is balls bad and its movepool is thinner than a nebula belt.

When he's talking about how water heavy Hoenn is, even in R/S, half of the game's map is water. Sure, a good chunk of it is optional, but still.

Story of my life :sob: I would have ranked 10/10 too. He's an easy to use starter. He's good against pretty much all the gyms(seeing how the fire and physic gyms are 6 and 7 and imo are the only which might be a problem). He turns into Venusaur at 32 which is 4 levels before the other two starters. He's immune to poison. His moves are good too.

What a bummer I missed the actual ranking.

Edited by Guy Starwind

Ok Beautifly is bad, but Dustox is worse. Sure that Spf. Def. is amazing for how early in the game you can get him, but he struggles like ridiculousness in the attacking department. Looks kinda cool though... 2/10

But it's better than doduo, due to helping when Flying type was wanted.

Also, +1 bias.

6.5/10

One of the best Pre Cerulean early joiners, below the Nidos, Clefairy, and Mankey and Butterfree.

Psh, Brawly? Hi, my name is Sableye.

Well, there is the fact that Sableye is only available in Emerald and Sapphire to consider...

2.5/10. Aside from Brawly, it can eat Norman's Slaking(s) alive with Toxic and Protect.

It's got arguably better typing than Beautifly (x4 Fight resist, x4 Grass resist, x2 Rock weak), but oh those offensive stats are painful (50/50/65). Dustox struggles to do damage to anything in the earlygame. For reference, 50 Sp.A is the same Mudkip has. Now its pretty good for Mudkip. But Dustox has evolved twice and only now does it match the offenses of a Mudkip. That's just sad. >.< No early Absorb removes any hope of having utility against Roxanne, but Gust and Confusion can provide something as a last resort against Brawly.

1/10 - Purely from utility against Brawly. It's so terrible at attacking, all of its stats suck (bar SDef but who cares about that ingame), its typing is balls bad and its movepool is thinner than a nebula belt.

It's way better than Pidgey, but it's not that great. Still, its pretty useful for earlygame until Doduo comes along.

6/10~

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

What an amazing Pokemon.

But it's better than doduo, due to helping when Flying type was wanted.

Also, +1 bias.

6.5/10

One of the best Pre Cerulean early joiners, below the Nidos, Clefairy, and Mankey and Butterfree.

3.5/10. Ugh. This thing's hard as hell to work with thanks to lolAstonish being not very effective or worse yet, outright ineffective against a lot of what you see earlygame, and its natural movepool is awful, which only makes training it harder. It doesn't help that it won't get to its final evolution until you get your seventh badge, and needs a lot of resources to hold its own.

Edited by Golden Cucco