The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Not too sure what to think of it. It's kinda bad until it gets to Lv.7 (much like most of the earlygame stuff like Ralts and Seedot). It pretty much requires the use of TMs though, as Lombre doesn't get an offensive Water-type move until Lv. freaking 49 (It's so getting surf before then). Ice Beam and Giga Drain give it a solid lategame, but the earlygame is really bad for it. Once it gets Surf it's set. Too bad Surf comes after halfway through the game.

5+1 bias = 6/10 - Uber tiny natural movepool, which requires lots of resources to get solid offense. Bias comes from Mirror. B.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Spearow can be caught very early with solid attack power to go with it; it's got great Atk and Spd the whole way through, although it's pretty bad in all its other stats; luckily, Flying is physical, so it never really has to worry about its bad Sp Atk since that's what it's devoted to. Its defenses are kind of annoying, but it's fast enough to sweep some things that could give it trouble. It gets Peck from the very beginning and doesn't learn another Flying move until level 40 (well, Aerial Ace, level 25 as a Spearow, but that's not necessary) in the very good Drill Peck, but it gets Aerial Ace and Fly along the way as TMs/HMs at appropriate intervals to boost its attacking ability. Not a bad movepool, although I do wish it had some more flexibility.

In terms of gyms, it's only bad against Brock, Surge, and partly Giovanni, and it's actually helpful against some Pokemon in that last one due to its immunity to the ever-annoying Earthquake (as long as there's no Rock moves for it to be scared of); although one could argue that it's only good against Erika and Doduo comes then, but it also gets Fly right then, offering a nice boost in power. Fearow isn't always optimal, but in terms of general usage it's very solid and can help in a lot of situations. Worth picking up and taking all the way, although it has its rough patches.

7/10

Bad when you first get it, pretty good once it gets Absorb and Bullet Seed on it, starts to deteriorate again as you move through the game. By the time you get Surf, it's probably having loads of trouble justifying its spot on the team, though once it does learn it it's set as a solid Water type, especially since you can then jet off to the Abandoned Ship and finally evolve this stupid thing, since the only remotely worthwhile thing it learns aside from Absorb and the uber-late Hydro Pump is Fake Out, which loses a lot of ground as a good opening attack over time.

For the lategame, it has Solarbeam, Giga Drain, and Ice Beam to make a splash (lawl geddit). For raw stats, it's nice as a Ludicolo (90/100 for Special stats), despite some meh Spd that it could use a Quick Claw for. It's a pretty good option versus Roxanne, and actually really good to mess with Wallace/Juan (but only in the short term since its only good Grass move would have low uses). Overall Ludicolo can be a good member of the team once you get cruising into the latter act of the game, but are you willing to sit through a long period of stink for that? Take your pick.

4.5 + 1 bias = 5.5/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Bad when you first get it, pretty good once it gets Absorb and Bullet Seed on it, starts to deteriorate again as you move through the game. By the time you get Surf, it's probably having loads of trouble justifying its spot on the team, though once it does learn it it's set as a solid Water type, especially since you can then jet off to the Abandoned Ship and finally evolve this stupid thing, since the only remotely worthwhile thing it learns aside from Absorb and the uber-late Hydro Pump is Fake Out, which loses a lot of ground as a good opening attack over time.

For the lategame, it has Solarbeam, Giga Drain, and Ice Beam to make a splash (lawl geddit). For raw stats, it's nice as a Ludicolo (90/100 for Special stats), despite some meh Spd that it could use a Quick Claw for. It's a pretty good option versus Roxanne, and actually really good to mess with Wallace/Juan (but only in the short term since its only good Grass move would have low uses). Overall Ludicolo can be a good member of the team once you get cruising into the latter act of the game, but are you willing to sit through a long period of stink for that? Take your pick.

4.5 + 1 bias = 5.5/10

Slight problem with that: The Water Stone isn't accessible until you get Dive. Also, I'm not really feeling sold on Solarbeam just because it's Solarbeam.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Never used him.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

You can get a Water Stone in the Abandoned Ship, and I don't think it requires Dive to get.

I know about that one, but it's in the segment of the ship with all those locked rooms, which is inaccessible until you get Dive.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Well, it's the first Pokemon you can get with Intimidate. Other than that, it's movepool is outright depressing, its stats are lackluster, and Poison is not a great type to have alone, especially since the best STAB it gets is Acid. Don't even bother leveling this thing.

1.5/10

Like Beedrill, Arbok is another one of those pokemon who was meh to me for a long time, but in my last heartgold game I got the urge to use him and realised that it actually looks really cool.

In heartgold Arbok managed to be a decent at worst pokemon, but this isn't heartgold. Intimidate and shed skin are awesome abilities, but other then that Arbok has nothing going for it. Bad movepool and stats that aren't very good.

2+1 bias point since I start to like the poor snake more and more.

That beginning is atrocious. Astonish is a terrible move, but if you level Lotad up, it becomes pretty good later. And you could wait until later and catch a Lombre by Meteor Falls if you want to avoid the crappy start. Water Stones take a while to get, but until then Lombre can suffice. The movepool is pretty good.

6/10 + 1 bias

7/10

If there aren't at least five votes in total, I'll probably leave this up for another day. If there are five votes, an someone else tally and start the next topic for me around midnight EST? I will most likely not be here.

Ooh boy. Ekans is why you don't get Fire Red version.

For starters, Poison Sting will be it's only STAB move for above 20-30 levels, depending on when you evolve it. It's got 15 BP, which is atrocious. Then it picks up Acid at Lv.32. This jumps it up to 40 BP. Then... that's it for poison moves. The next time you'll see one is Sludge Bomb, which comes after the Elite Four is beaten. So we've got a 40BP STAB move that is somehow going to carry this Pokemon through more than half of the game. It's stats aren't higher than Base 85, and its TM pool pretty much limits its movepool to Acid/Earthquake/Iron Tail/Return. That's how narrow it is!

2/10 - An absolute pain to use, but doesn't reward you for doing so.

Not too sure what to think of it. It's kinda bad until it gets to Lv.7 (much like most of the earlygame stuff like Ralts and Seedot). It pretty much requires the use of TMs though, as Lombre doesn't get an offensive Water-type move until Lv. freaking 49 (It's so getting surf before then). Ice Beam and Giga Drain give it a solid lategame, but the earlygame is really bad for it. Once it gets Surf it's set. Too bad Surf comes after halfway through the game.

5+1 bias = 6/10 - Uber tiny natural movepool, which requires lots of resources to get solid offense.

I'll use this as my vote. Tallying. Which has been a lot easier lately.

EDIT: Yes, I counted Horace's vote.

Edited by ZM456

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Shiftry is so cool looking.

4/10. Lotad's Ruby version counterpart. Unfortunately, it's not much better, since it has to start with lolBide, and also gains hardly anything of note naturally. However, it does get to evolve a good deal earlier than Lombre.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

He's okay. Comes quite early and although he's useless against Brock, does well against Misty. This guy is basically one of your only options if you started with Charmander to take Misty out. He does decent against Lorelei as well and that's about it, but I think the Misty utility alone coupled with generally decent stats are worth a 4/10.

Edited by BigBangMeteor