The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Kinda lame start, because it's not doing squat until Lv.6. It's stats are among the lowest out of all Pokemon. Evolution into Kirlia barely improves its stats. Evolution into Gardevoir finally gives it awesome stats, and Lv.30 is earlier than most.

Psychic and Thunderbolt are pretty much all it needs for offense. That's good because that's all it gets for special moves. Throw in Calm Mind and Reflect (which helps a lot with its low defense), and you're pretty much set to go.

8+1 bias = 9/10 - It's like a less extreme Magikarp, only a Psychic type. It's fairly medicore until the Gardevoir stage, but that Gardevoir stage is amazing,

This. Also, tallying a bit earlier tonight.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

This Pokemon actually used to scare me a bit. :blink:

Interesting Pokemon. It's too bad Masquerain didn't keep Surskit's Bug/Water typing, because then it would be so much more unique than a Bug.Flying dude. I really like this Pokemon though.

I like waiting until Lv.25 to evolve it so that it can get Bubblebeam (the strongest Water-type attack it gets). It can get Ice Beam from TM. It gets Aerial Ace via TM, which is the strongest Flying type move you're going to get. Silver Wind at Lv.47 gives it four moves to work with, and all with decent coverage. But with no stats higher than 82, Masquerain is really tough to use late game.

4 + 1 bias = 5/10. It's basically the same as Beautifly, but with Water and Ice moves at the cost of slightly worse offense. Intimidate makes it bulkier. Bias comes from Surskit's awesome typing.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

I hate Clefairy so much I'm not sure I can rate it without factoring in at least 10 points of negative bias...

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Kinda like the Nidos, as it has a massive movepool so it can be anything you want. It's really good with supporting moves. Clefable's got just as much Special Attack as Nidoqueen, although it is slower. It's got more bulk than Nidoking as well. So it's like a mix of the Nidoroyals.

If I gave Nidoqueen a 9.5, and I gave Nidoking a 10, then I'm giving Clefable a 9.25 (lost points due to speed). I'll give a full bias point too.

10/10

Except unlike the Nidoroyals, Clefable is fat and ugly and should go stand in front of a train so it can be erased from the world.

Also, 60 base speed is pretty painful and is like Swampert levels of slow. But it's nowhere near as good as Swampert otherwise, losing or tying in every other stat, so I have to question how you can rate it higher than Mudkip (even before bias). I should really have asked this about the Nidoroyals too, but I didn't realize it then.

Clefabel gets recovery (Softboiled move tutor), a massive movepool (at least 30 TMs), evolves right away (Moon stone in Mt. Moon), and never has a type disadvantage until Bruno. That's why I think Clefable>Swampert, even though comparing them when they never coexist is pointless. I can take off a full point for 60 base speed if it'll make you happier, but my bias is still giving it a 10.

I really think this is my Clefable +bias and Swampert -bias vs your Swampert +bias and Clefable -bias. >.<

Edited by Lucina

Clefabel gets recovery (Softboiled move tutor), a massive movepool (at least 30 TMs), evolves right away (Moon stone in Mt. Moon), and never has a type disadvantage until Bruno. That's why I think Clefable>Swampert, even though comparing them when they never coexist is pointless.

I really think this is my Clefable +bias and Swampert -bias vs your Swampert +bias and Clefable -bias. >.<

You gave Clefable a 9.25 before bias and Swampert an 8.5 before bias. I would maybe give Clefable a 7ish before bias, and I have Swampert a 10 before bias, because I honestly believe Swampert is the best ingame pokemon ever. Swampert doesn't need a massive movepool when EQ (Mud Shot early)/Surf/IB cover just about everything in the game. Recovery is also overrated ingame when you have items that go before any moves. But comparing them is dumb, you're right.

Clefabel gets recovery (Softboiled move tutor), a massive movepool (at least 30 TMs), evolves right away (Moon stone in Mt. Moon), and never has a type disadvantage until Bruno. That's why I think Clefable>Swampert, even though comparing them when they never coexist is pointless. I can take off a full point for 60 base speed if it'll make you happier, but my bias is still giving it a 10.

Dude , softboil is fucking useless in game , recovery moves shouldn't be a point in a pokemon's favor ingame . Healing items have first priority and you get an crapload of cash in game , there is virtually no reason to use recovery moves . In addition despite his awesome movepool, Clefable has crappy offensive stats , and coupled with the fact that clefable doesn't get stab from almost any of the awesome moves he learns , his massive move pool is less effective . Clefable earning a score similar to Swampert is ridiculous , Swampert has access to powerful stab moves of some the best types in the game . He has both better bulk and superior offense to Clefable . Clefable is a run of the mill normal type with the typical massive movepool that they all seemingly possess . In addition normal type is not considered a very good type, sure they only have the fighting weakness , but they're stab is not super effective versus any type and they have virtually no resistances. He does not deserve a perfect score he has far too many flaws .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Can (and should) be evolved immediately at Mt Moon for those great base stats. It might as well face Misty's Starmie and whatever else. Early Mega Punch/Kick tutors are a very good idea on Clefable, and you should expect to spend the rest of your unique one-time TMs (unless you're willing to buy a lot of coins) on it so that Clefable continues to be useful. 8.5/10

Think fe4 Nanna with a combat oriented parent.

Soon evolution, then mega punch/kick, and then the elemental beams.

And Softboiled, which is a useful move to have.

And Calm Mind, if you want.

Meteor Mash is nice, but lol meteor mash.

10/10, if I rated the Nidos, they woulda got the same.

And besides, Clefairy was almost the Mascot for Pokemon, instead of fu-reaking Pikachu.

Too late, but since this is my fave.....

9/10+1

Imagine Magikarp, coming earlier, with an actual STAB move in 2 levels, and all.

For what it's worth, I always try to get a female one with a good nature, and seem to find alot of Bold ones.........

Oh, and Thunderbolt+Psychic+CM+Filler beats everything at Winona and afterwards, and before, Kirlia is a great user for Shock Wave and learns CM at evolution (lvl 20/21)

10/10.

Dude , softboil is fucking useless in game , recovery moves shouldn't be a point in a pokemon's favor ingame . Healing items have first priority and you get an crapload of cash in game , there is virtually no reason to use recovery moves .

Still nice to have though. If I can save cash for TMs, I'm going to do that.

In addition despite his awesome movepool, Clefable has crappy offensive stats , and coupled with the fact that clefable doesn't get stab from almost any of the awesome moves he learns , his massive move pool is less effective .

Same thing can be said about the NidoRoyals, mostly Nidoqueen though. Clefable and Nidoqueen have the same special attack.

Clefable earning a score similar to Swampert is ridiculous , Swampert has access to powerful stab moves of some the best types in the game . He has both better bulk and superior offense to Clefable . Clefable is a run of the mill normal type with the typical massive movepool that they all seemingly possess . In addition normal type is not considered a very good type, sure they only have the fighting weakness , but they're stab is not super effective versus any type and they have virtually no resistances. He does not deserve a perfect score he has far too many flaws .

Like I said earlier, comparing Clefable and Swampert is like comparing apples and oranges, or like comparing Seth and Haar.

Edited by Lucina

Nidoqueen has Surf though, which as an unlimited use HM is worth at least a half-point. All of Clefable's moves will be one-use TMs/move tutors, some of which you might also have to drop a good chunk of money on.

Think fe4 Nanna with a combat oriented parent.

Soon evolution, then mega punch/kick, and then the elemental beams.

And Softboiled, which is a useful move to have.

And Calm Mind, if you want.

Meteor Mash is nice, but lol meteor mash.

10/10

This, but -.5 bias because I don't like Clefairy. 9.5/10

And besides, Clefairy was almost the Mascot for Pokemon, instead of fu-reaking Pikachu.

Didn't know that. That's actually pretty cool.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Such an awesome sounding type combo.

Grass/Fighting is an awesome combo for ingame.

Grass hits Roxanne, Wallace and Glacia. Fighting hits most of Wallace, Norman, Drake, Glacia and Steven. Breloom isn't doing squat against Flannery, Winona and Drake. If it can outspeed Solrock or Lunatone, Breloom has a chance in the Tate+Liza fight. Shroomish isn't doing much against Brawly, but Brawly isn't doing much to it either.

Breloom is clearly meant to be an offensive Pokemon (base 130 attack says yo!). But the cool thing about it is that it gets a bunch of supportive moves (Stun Spore, Leech Seed and more) as a Shroomish. A moveset of Bulk Up/Sky Uppercut/Mach Punch/Sludge Bomb is what I end up giving Breloom (it has low special attack, so giving it grass moves isn't a good idea), but that last spot can be pretty much anything. It's stat total is kinda low, but everything is just where it needs to be (again, 130 base attack).

7+1 = 8/10 - One of the best Grass-type Pokemon to have around (which is good, because the remaining ones [Oddish, Roselia and Tropius] all suck] It hits really hard, and when it can't hit hard, it has supportive moves to fall back on. Bias comes from being a beast competitively (Spore is just :DDDDD). Best in Sapphire due to being able to prey on Aqua's weak little Carvanha's with Mach Punch. Mach Punch is probably Breloom's most important move, as it lets it bypass it's meh speed.

MACH PAWNCH!

10/10

Decent start, Bullet Seed/Leech Seed/Stun Spore, with good early bulk, then Mach PAWNCH on evolution.

When not using Swamperts, it does well at Wattson if evolved.

A solid mon throughout the game.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Clefairy/Clefable: 9.5

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

I left Clefairy's up for longer so it would get more votes, but it didn't. My Vulpix rating will come later.

Edited by BigBangMeteor