The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: 4.21

Vulpix/Ninetales: 4.38

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Clefairy/Clefable: 9.50

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

I purposely excluded Crobat from the title because it's unobtainable until after the E4. So don't count it in your votes.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Zubat has a terrible, terrible start, but once it becomes a Golbat, it's about as good as it gets for it. It's got decent offense as a Golbat, but its typing isn't that great. It has a use against Erika, but not really anyone else. Add in the fact that you have to level it up to 21 to get anywhere near decent attacking, and you've got a mediocre Flying-type.

3.5/10, with a +1 bias because of Crobat. Just because. spray_trollface_copy.png

Edited by Venusaur

Ahh... Zubat. Takes its time to make Golbat. And crobat.

May I make a suggestion?

Post the base stats of Pokemon when we rate them. Or we could just look them up ourselves.

Nice speed. Fairly bulky.

Unfortunately that movepool may need a bit of work on it.

4/10.

7/10

Kadabra is great, but a glass cannon.

And low variety of moves is derp.

This plus BIAS makes an 8/10.

I don't understand how anyone can give negative bias points to a line that has not only such awesome names, but also a MOUSTACHE.

I don't understand how anyone can give negative bias points to a line that has not only such awesome names, but also a MOUSTACHE.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but trade evolutions bother me.

hits like a farking truck and destroys all in its path except dark types which all psychics do fuck all against anyway

9/10 better than gardevoir

This, but I feel the trade evolution drops it half a point, but the mustache adds that half point back in.

And hey, compared to most Pokemon that need babying, Abra only needs about a couple thousand EXP to get to Lv. 16, thanks to its EXP group. Not hard to manage at all, thanks to that Exp. Share. Compare that to Ralts, which needs about 5000 EXP to get to the same level. Generally, Abra saves you half of whatever EXP Ralts would have taken, simply because Medium-Slow is that good.

Lots of Pokemon in the Slow experience group are a pain to raise, now that I think about it. Ralts, Aron (wild Lairon at Victory Road salvage it), Slakoth, Bagon... and that's just from Hoenn.

And hey, compared to most Pokemon that need babying, Abra only needs about a couple thousand EXP to get to Lv. 16, thanks to its EXP group. Not hard to manage at all, thanks to that Exp. Share. Compare that to Ralts, which needs about 5000 EXP to get to the same level. Generally, Abra saves you half of whatever EXP Ralts would have taken, simply because Medium-Slow is that good.

Lots of Pokemon in the Slow experience group are a pain to raise, now that I think about it. Ralts, Aron (wild Lairon at Victory Road salvage it), Slakoth, Bagon... and that's just from Hoenn.

Still, having to raise a Pokemon on either Exp. Share or switch grinding until it evolves... "No thank you" is my final answer to that. That being said, I agree it's a pain to raise most Pokemon in the slow experience group.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking: 5.36

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam: 7.56

Shroomish/Breloom: 8.27

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Having a Shedinja try to defeat Wallace's Gyarados a long time ago brings back really boring memories...

Edited by ZM456

I use Shedinja to catch Regice and Registeel after their Ancientpowers have been a used up. I also give it Sandstorm.

Kinda meh Pokemon to be honest. It's not really useful against any of the gyms, except for Tate and Liza. They'll also do alright against Sidney. Problem is that their stats, like the other three early bugs, are too low to take them to the end of the game. Ninjask's movepool is pretty tiny (Aerial Ace, Shadow Ball, Return and lol Fury Cutter are all you're getting for offense, although access to Swords Dance can help). I think Ninjask is more frail than Alakazam, which says a lot.

Shedinja is incredibly unique, although the uniqueness can sometimes be equivalent to plain bad. It's got the same moveset problems as Ninjask. Wonder Guard can be oh so useful when you have it, but is isn't so useful after Brawly (Wattson's Voltorb has Rollout and the Magnet duo has Supersonic for confusion, Flannery battle = no Shedinja, Norman's Slaking's have Faint Attack, Winona battle = lolno, Tate's Solrock has Flamethrower, but Wallace can't do jack to Shedinja). Against the Elite Four, it's lol against Sidney, lol against Pheobe, lol against Glacia (Hail bypasses Wonder Guard). awful against Drake (4 of his 5 Pokes can do something to Shedinja), and Steven can damage Shedinja with four of his six Pokemon (and even then, it's easier to take out Aggron and Metagross with something other than Shedinja). So it's a bit of a liability to carry around. It's my opinion that it's overrated as well, but whatever.

Ninjask: 3/10 - Typical earlygame bug utility, but it evolves later and lacks the movepool of Beautifly/Masquerain

Shedinja: 2-1=1/10 - Mostly a liability for its whole existance. 9 times out of 10 there will always be something that can stop it from being really awesome. Bias comes from being overrated

I'm not too sure how you wanted votes for these guys, but I think that they are different enough to warrant two separate votes.

Edited by Lucina

I'm not too sure how you wanted votes for these guys, but I think that they are different enough to warrant two separate votes.

Yep. Two different votes is preferred, please.

Ninjask? More like Winjask. 10/10.

I admit, trying to train a Ninjask was a bad decision. Speed Boost on the other hand... makes it very fast. I don't think that matters in-game however.

3/10

I wanted Shedinja because I thought it was cool. Too. Many. Things. Kill it.

2/10

Nincada is kind of a giant pain to raise, what with its terrible Attack, lack of moves and EXP group. Ninjask is lightning-fast, but it doesn't help much on the offensive front. Swords Dance is kinda cool, but it sucks up all of your valuable TMs to be any good.

Shedinja is quite different. If the Pokemon you're fighting doesn't have a Ghost, Dark, Fire, Flying or Rock attack, or any kind of status/damaging weather, they're screwed. The end. Give it Toxic, and it downs a surprising amount of foes. Norman's Spinda and Linoone, it tanks Wattson's Magneton (watch out for Supersonic), can face half of Tate & Liza, every one of Juan's Pokemon (especially that Double Team Kingdra)... After you get the Heat Badge, you can give it Toxic for some actual damage! E4 can deal with it, though, which is kinda sad. Only Wallace's Gyarados, Wailord and Whiscash and Drake's Kingdra are vulnerable, and SE moves and Hail are commonplace.

Ninjask gets 3/10, it's way too much work to get it to be good.

Shedinja on the other hand, gets a 6/10, due to being useful at base level and trivializing certain Gym Leaders.

Edited by Venusaur

4/10 for Ninjask. Its stats are not very good, has a meh moveset (SD, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace and Return is the typical set) but it's useful sometimes and can be a great BPasser ingame.

1.5/10 for Shedinja because it destroys 8th gym. 0.5 bias included because it's... well... IDK... a pokeball thief... floating... thing?

3/10 for Ninjask. Bug is just not a good type this generation, what with the lack of strong moves, and it doesn't help that Nincada is hard to raise, nor does it that its movepool sucks. Ninjask is lightning fast, but that only means so much...

And Shedinja gets a 3/10 as well. While it can be a big asset, more often than not, it's a liability, considering that it's vulnerable to way too many things.

8/10 for Ninjask including 1 point of bias

Excellent sweeper that evolves early and hits hard, but needs all the good TMs to work, good thing they aren't contested too much.

4/10 for Shedinja

Not worth training since it's a pain to switch him in against trainers, not knowing for sure if they have something that harms it. Also has trouble dealing damage for a while, even if it is invincible in one situation or another.

Honestly it's not nearly as good in this game as it is in others. No elemental punches from gen 2, and no special coverage it gets in gen 4. Plus you face a lot of dark-type Pokemon in this one. You do get Shock Wave, but it's weaker than Psychic in nearly all cases.

2/10 with negative bias

Yeah, it gets Wing Attack at lv. 21, and even then it kinda sucks. Doesn't even learn any HMs, so you must be a masochist if you want to bother with that asinine moveset of Supersonic, Leech Life and Astonish.

3/10. Good speed and decent attack. Unfortunately... It's just not worth bothering with that god-awful moveset of Supersonic, Leech Life, and Astonish.

6/10 for Ninjask

6/10 for Shedinja

2 for one deal, and both are fairly decent.

Shedinja is a gimmick one, but can troll a bit and has Shadow ball and status.

Ninjask needs all the TMs it wants, but turns out gooood.

And baton pass with SD and Speed Boost is awesome shit.