The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Whether you agree with my methods or not, the fact is, I'm trying to help things to get better. And you guys don't seem to be respecting even that. That's the kind of thing I mean. Everyone is losing respect for eachother. And it's bothersome.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Oh come now men/women. I don't really notice tenseness here. Personally, I simply think people are over thinking things here. This is a forum where everyone just does what they want as long as it's not against the rules, right? There shouldn't be much trouble.

I believe calling people out for the things they do, or things they say that are a bit silly is actually a good idea. It's the best way to make people learn.

I noticed no tension here till this (no i will not change my mind on how i think this topic is) worthless topic was made. If you have common sense you would know this would kick up MORE issues <_<

Oh come now men/women. I don't really notice tenseness here. Personally, I simply think people are over thinking things here. This is a forum where everyone just does what they want as long as it's not against the rules, right? There shouldn't be much trouble.

I believe calling people out for the things they do, or things they say that are a bit silly is actually a good idea. It's the best way to make people learn.

These are actually my exact thoughts. Every word of it. I don't really notice tenseness here either. Just a lack of seriousness.

But different people view things differently, I suppose.

Edited by Fireman

It does relate to what I said about using internet memes to drive people away from serious discussion though.

Yes and that falls under the "sarcastic/unserious" which we already said that we're aware of.

Whether you agree with my methods or not, the fact is, I'm trying to help things to get better. And you guys don't seem to be respecting even that. That's the kind of thing I mean. Everyone is losing respect for eachother. And it's bothersome.

You're avoiding a serious question and I believe you were looking for serious discussion. Do you want respect for that?

Respect is something that needs to be earned, and KEPT, right? If someone does something stupid (or whatever) I'll likely tell them that it wasn't the best thing to do, and explain why. They can argue, or they can accept it and move on. Either way, it doesn't really make things less tense.

Holding in your emotions is really unhealthy. :D

Respect is something that needs to be earned, and KEPT, right? If someone does something stupid (or whatever) I'll likely tell them that it wasn't the best thing to do, and explain why. They can argue, or they can accept it and move on. Either way, it doesn't really make things less tense.

Hopefully you mean under the right conditions.

Meaning, when it's needed you'll take it to PMs, or off the site right?

I mean you and I do most of our heavier discussion off the site, and we always come to better understandings without the interference of other people.

Yes and that falls under the "sarcastic/unserious" which we already said that we're aware of.

You're avoiding a serious question and I believe you were looking for serious discussion. Do you want respect for that?

I already provided an example that I felt fit the description, but it's all relative. I'm not the only one who thinks this way, but also not everyone thinks this way either.

If you don't like someone, don't talk to them. Ignore them and go away. You don't have to challenge everything that person says or does, simply move on with your life and ignore them. If they really bother you that much, then why are you even going into their topics?

Hopefully you mean under the right conditions.

Meaning, when it's needed you'll take it to PMs, or off the site right?

I mean you and I do most of our heavier discussion off the site, and we always come to better understandings without the interference of other people.

It highly depends on the situation.

If you don't like someone, don't talk to them. Ignore them and go away. You don't have to challenge everything that person says or does, simply move on with your life and ignore them. If they really bother you that much, then why are you even going into their topics?

?? Maybe I need to explain better. If someone does something I think is bad/wrong, then I won't want them doing that again. I will tell them what they did wrong and why they did it wrong. This doesn't really cause tenseness, and in fact may help relieve it. It won't make me hate the person, and I won't challenge everything they do/say. Only the stupid things they do/say.

Here's an example of what I mean:

If I'm feeling down in the dumps, I go to my friends to cheer me up. That's why they're my friends. They make me happy. Thus, when I'm feeling sad, the best way to counter that, is to be around people that make me happy.

I consider most of the people here my friends. So I post a topic here saying I'm sad, in hopes that maybe my friends can help to cheer me up.

But no. Usually the first few people that pile into the topic start spewing a bunch of near flaming posts that would only make me feel worse about myself. So I end up closing the topic, before my friends can come in to cheer me up, and I feel even worse about that. Also, I irritate the people who had their big twat-athon that got me to close the topic. So no one in that sitiation wins. Whereas if those flaming pricks were to simply ignore the topic and go talk about something pointless in another topic, they won't have to deal with my whinning, and all my friends will have come to cheer me up.

So everyone wins in that situation. I don't understand why people just make things worse for themselves.