Touhou is great

ZemZem

Touhou seems like an interesting series, but it looks like there's an awful lot to it, so I wouldn't know where to start.

But there is something I've been wondering: Why post this in fftf? Unless there's something I'm missing or I'm not seeing the full picture here, you have made it known in the past that you have a few problems with some members' attitudes in places like fftf, yet you've made a topic that doesn't seem like some throwaway topic, which unless I'm missing the point of fftf, that's the place where you post those kind of topics.

Sorry if I'm acting rude or unearthing bad memories, but it just feels a bit backwards that someone who has said:

Now, the first component of my displeasure is the sheer amount of negativity and assholish attitudes that run rampant across the forum, notably in Far From the Forest.

Makes a topic that isn't throwaway in the place where he believes there's a lot of "negativity".

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@People who don't wanna play the space shooter (yes i know SCHMUPS but shh) games; they have a few official fightering games and a ton of fangames.

New Super Marisa Land and Touhoumon are the best.

miitomo got me over 400 without even trying

also wtf even is touhou everyone's always talking about it on here

miitomo got me over 400 without even trying

also wtf even is touhou everyone's always talking about it on here

It's a bullet hell/danmaku series, first five games were on PC-98 and the rest are for Windows platforms. It's mostly known for having a lot of characters, of which the amount of males can be counted on your hands. Beyond that, it's known for it's massive doujin culture, with hundreds of fangames, fanbooks, fan animation and the like.

The bullet hells are okay, and it's funny, the series isn't even known for that. It's like; Everything else > official games

I mean, there are better shoot em ups out there, but still, the games are okay.

fantasy maiden wars is like if super robot wars didn't suck, op

And which SRW is that? 3?

pretty much, integ

The bullet hells are okay, and it's funny, the series isn't even known for that. It's like; Everything else > official games

I mean, there are better shoot em ups out there, but still, the games are okay.

Not really? The shumps are still the primary trait and material for the series. Everything else is secondary.

In my recent memory, in Ikaruga, destroyed enemies can turn into bullets, so if that tickles your fancy for... whyever it would, there you go.

Oh and in Deathsmiles too, but you know... Cave(for those that know, of course).

Edited by Soledai

Doesn't mean that the secondary stuff can't get more recognition than the primary stuff sometimes

True since a lot of people get into the series through bad memes, or something.

holy shit stop using weeb terms to explain weeb terms

im kinda curious to what this shit is too and you're crap explanations are not helping

is it like space invader or something

Edited by Sparks

im kinda curious to what this shit is too and you're crap explanations are not helping

its a space shooter like Gradius but you go up instead of right and instead of a space ship and aliens n shit its anime girls.

*your

No, it's not like Space Invaders. It's more like Galaga.

this

im still trying to understand