Let us talk "waifus" and "husbandos" (Fates-related)

Don't you like Velouria? Corrin was likely there to see her born, and then she was in the deep realm for what, 2 years tops? So technically speaking, she is barely even 2 years of age at most.

Why+don+t+you+have+a+seat+over+there+_41

How the tables have turned.

She has lived for at least 18 years and looks it, unlike your waifu!

See, this is the kind of nonsense we should be talking about, rather than everyone saying the same thing over and over again.

Oh my goodness. Yes! The shipping wars the P4 is absolute doodoo!

Church of Chie? I have you witnessed the Order of Naoto? I understand the popularity of her character but her support made me squint a bit with the "flags" you have to answer correctly in order to romance her; it seemed like they disregarded an aspect of her personality just to make her dateable, if that makes sense. I could be reading into wrong, though.

I feel like the only person that actively only dated Ayane and snubbed the other girls. LOL. And, in P3P, I went single as a means to strike against the game because they wouldn't let me be with Junpei or Theodore.

I'll never understand Naoto's popularity; she ruins the pacing, her "twist" isn't one and her subplot is the least well-integrated in the main story. What do we see of that in the main story? Hell, what do you even do in the social links? Again, the "twist" at the end of her link is laughable as well and not even a child would be unable to see it coming. I mean as a character she's alright I suppose, but she's the least well written out of the bunch.

I've really enjoyed most of these characters support convos even if the Awakening 3 are one-note characters in some ways.

How are they more one-dimensional than the rest? Laslow if anyone is constantly praised for his supports, and Odin's moments of seriousness tend to be really sweet; what does Kagerou do that makes her stick out? She's one of the most boring characters in the game if you ask me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is the kind of nonsense we should be talking about, rather than everyone saying the same thing over and over again.

Oh, the fact that you like furry girls in cosplay that likes sniffing a little too much and the fact that Tolvir likes scantily-clad girls that talks down on you for being "too young"?

chris+hansen+wants+you+to+take+a+seat.pn

...I think both of you need to have seat.

LOL. I really wanted to use a Chris Hansen gif.

Oh, the fact that you like furry girls in cosplay that likes sniffing a little too much and the fact that Tolvir likes scantily-clad girls that talks down on you for being "too young"?

chris+hansen+wants+you+to+take+a+seat.pn

...I think both of you need to have seat.

LOL. I really wanted to use a Chris Hansen gif.

You say that like it's a bad thing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll never understand Naoto's popularity; she ruins the pacing, her "twist" isn't one and her subplot is the least well-integrated in the main story. What do we see of that in the main story? Hell, what do you even do in the social links? Again, the "twist" at the end of her link is laughable as well and not even a child would be unable to see it coming. I mean as a character she's alright I suppose, but she's the least well written out of the bunch.

Because they wanted to ship Yu with more girls, and they needed another party member who was terrible until golden...

How are they more one-dimensional than the rest? Laslow if anyone is constantly praised for his supports, and Odin's moments of seriousness tend to be really sweet; what does Kagerou do that makes her stick out? She's one of the most boring characters in the game if you ask me.

Remember they are my favorites, I wasn't criticizing them. But many of their supports start with calls to Laslow's flirting, Odin's grandiosity, or Selena's surliness. That's not a bad thing, it's part of my love for those three.

As for Kagero, I really liked her convo with Silas, even Ryoma, there are couple of others I liked. But to be perfectly honest, I think she's one of the hotter characters.

Well The Peeps I Like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Husbandos:

Benny-Nice caring giant

Arthur-Caring

Gunter- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fuga-( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Garon Senpai X Sumeragi Senpai

Waifus:

Setsuna

Beruka

Azura

Like.. regarding the OP, even at my worst days as "waifu lord" reputation in this forum, I don't think that anyone in this forum could ever match the toxicity that I've found in other forums when it comes to pairings.

Serenes is pretty chill.

And all your waifus are shit. I have to hack in game to get mine and she's REAL.

Yet it has to work since the waifu wars in that fandom is worse than in Fire Emblem; hell isn't there a "Church of Chie" or something?

You know the worst thing is, I've never played any of Persona or followed any of the Persona news (most I've seen is a little vid of a streamer mocking the game; don't even remember which one it was), yet I'm pretty damn sure I've heard of this before.

Yet it has to work since the waifu wars in that fandom is worse than in Fire Emblem; hell isn't there a "Church of Chie" or something?

I know for a fact that there's a Church of Azura on GameFAQs, but every 'Church of X' topic I've seen seem more like appreciation threads than anything unwholesome. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough though.

Anyway, it seems like Waifu/Husbando seems more like a term used for a favourite character of one's sexual orientation rather than the fictional crush of yore i.e. Azura is my favourite character in Fates and I'm hetero, so therefore she is my waifu, but it's not like I actually have a crush on her or anything.

Not until 'the device' is complete at any rate...

Edited by Phillius

It's definitely a joke term for 99% of people who use it. Like, I married Ricken and Tsukuyomi, solely because they are cute and young. For me it's just funny that you as a full-grown woman can marry someone who's 14 at the OLDEST. That doesn't mean I'd take advantage of a child in real life. I want to date someone younger than me, but not THAT young. 5 years is a healthy cut-off. It's all in good fun, pretending to have these fictional relationships.

I use the term waifu rarely and if I do it will be as a joke. I might say it before I tell somebody about Kagero who I married in Birthright and Charlotte who I'm getting s support with in Revelations but that's all really. Also if you want a list of my "waifus" they are the 2 mentioned above, Setsuna, and Selena.

I love all the Chris Hansen up in this thread tbh.

b89.gif

But guys, don't worry. If your waifu is Elise you're in the clear, I mean, technically she is an adult ...

So, rather than warn a bunch of you for spam, I'm shoving this where it belongs. For those of you that enjoy said spamming, please visit Far from the Forest for all of your spamming needs.

My husbando is my boyfriend thankyouverymuch OP.

I married Laslow in my "canon" run and in my sinning self insert run I'm doing right now... meh... I'd get murdered so...

In Awakening I married Lon'qu, Inigo, and Priam as FeMu, as MaMu I married Cherche constantly and Lissa one time.

i like naoto............ ;w;

My real life wife would commit me to the loony bin if I ever had a waifu or husbando in FE. She already thinks I'm obsessed with Awakening/Fates (she can't tell the difference).

I was originally going to say that luckily for me my husband also plays Fates/Awakening and doesn't mind me being obsessed...

...he literally just used the word 'waifu' in a text conversation with me; the tables have turned and I'm divorcing him now instead.

...he literally just used the word 'waifu' in a text conversation with me; the tables have turned and I'm divorcing him now instead.

at least he still has his waifu

she'll always be loyal to him