FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a few more things I was curious about and that might be grammatical errors (also these pictures come out really big and I don't know how to make them smaller so I guess I'll just link to them from now on if that is okay.) I believe all of these things are from chapter 1, except for the Holyn dialogue obviously.

http://i.imgur.com/mO4JOnA.png

In this scene, Eldigan says both "and" and "nor." Since nor is already a conjunction, I'm pretty sure it might be more correct to just use that one.

http://i.imgur.com/KRJmRuF.png

This one is more of a comprehension error. Because Sigurd asks "Have you been hurt?" last, it seems like that is what Deirdre is saying yes to, as opposed to "Are you alright?" If the Japanese here is done how I think it is, then I can see how it would make sense there but not here.

http://i.imgur.com/10HFnQO.png

This one may have been pointed out, but I don't believe it was. I feel like you meant to write it as "That's why I ask... What are you doing here?" as opposed to "what you are doing here?" I don't think it is wrong, but I feel like the implied intonation in which this is read comes out weird. It's kind of hard to explain and it might just be me, but I thought I would bring it up.

http://i.imgur.com/QlOi5RO.png

Since "but" isn't being used here to connect two full separate sentences (which is why you don't need a comma) I believe your verb conjugations are supposed to agree. What I mean is that I would either write this as "I've done nothing but chase the money" or "I've been doing nothing but chasing the money"

kTXcNNR.png

Just got this when Lewyn killed Reptor in Chapter 5. I'm not really sure what could have caused it, though, since I'm sure tons of people have gotten past Reptor without bringing this up.

bFXjUZs.png

Also, should there be an ellipsis/dash after the first That's instead of a period? It looks wrong.

Edited by Oshimos

[(2 x Erin's Speed bonus) + (Lewyn's Speed bonus)] / 10 = +4 speed inherited

Actually, it's 2 x Lewyn's speed bonus + Erin's speed bonus, not the other way around. Children primarily inherit from the same gendered parent.

This is added to another number whose purpose I'm not sure of. (+13, 0D hex) This number actually begins as a 14, but is decremented before added with the other number.

That would be the level * growth rate multiplier. Ced joins at level 14, so it 's (14 - 1) * 105% (his growth rate with Lewyn as the father), which yields 13 when truncated. Though I guess from what you're saying it's actually 14 * 105% - 1, or level * growth rate - 1.

That would be the level * growth rate multiplier. Ced joins at level 14, so it 's (14 - 1) * 105% (his growth rate with Lewyn as the father), which yields 13 when truncated. Though I guess from what you're saying it's actually 14 * 105% - 1, or level * growth rate - 1.

Actually, it's (level - 1) x growth rate. So yeah, it yields 13.

Edit: Wait, I think I might see what's happening. If Ced ends up with a bonus over 15, the game is not saving it properly. Hozu, did you make a hard save and reset the game at any point between the intermission and Ced joining you?

Yeah, I didn't use any save states for this, just in-game saves. So at least one reset per chapter.

Strange that it's storing a larger bonus than what's possible for a character to have. It sounds like the easiest solution is what was mentioned earlier, to pick the smaller of inheritance bonus or 15 (ie. the cap).

So I guess the only way to avoid this bug (until a fix can be made) would be to just not reset the game at any point from the end of chapter 5 until he appears on the map, huh. Though that makes me wonder if his speed will end up being nuked if you do an in-game save and reset after he appears in chapter 8 anyway.

Edited by Hozu

Stats other than HP and luck always cap at class base +15 (promotion gains are simply the difference between the two class bases). Luck is 0-30, and HP caps at 80, I don't know if there's a minimum value for that... but both HP and luck have different inheritance calculations.

If I were to use this on a Kindle Fire on an SNESoid, would it work? I don't use emulators too much and don't apply patches to them. If it doesn't I can just play it in Japanese. I'm half-Japanese and would understand most of it anyway. I'd just rather play it in English.

If I were to use this on a Kindle Fire on an SNESoid, would it work? I don't use emulators too much and don't apply patches to them. If it doesn't I can just play it in Japanese. I'm half-Japanese and would understand most of it anyway. I'd just rather play it in English.

For emulators not on computers, it tends not to work because the ROM has been expanded. I would still try it, but it seems more likely not.

For emulators not on computers, it tends not to work because the ROM has been expanded. I would still try it, but it seems more likely not.

It works on both the Android SNES emulators I've tried

Stats other than HP and luck always cap at class base +15 (promotion gains are simply the difference between the two class bases). Luck is 0-30, and HP caps at 80, I don't know if there's a minimum value for that... but both HP and luck have different inheritance calculations.

Classes have an HP base, but only enemies use it. Player unit HP can be anywhere from 1 to 80, even if it's below their class base, though HP will always be at least 20 for child characters due to how their base HP gets calculated. Granted, no player unit starts with less than 20 HP in the first place unless you hack, and even then as I said any child characters will always have at least 20 HP. I'm not sure what would happen if a child got a base HP or Luck so high it broke the cap, as without hacking it is impossible for this to happen.

Classes have an HP base, but only enemies use it. Player unit HP can be anywhere from 1 to 80, even if it's below their class base, though HP will always be at least 20 for child characters due to how their base HP gets calculated. Granted, no player unit starts with less than 20 HP in the first place unless you hack, and even then as I said any child characters will always have at least 20 HP. I'm not sure what would happen if a child got a base HP or Luck so high it broke the cap, as without hacking it is impossible for this to happen.

HP and Luck broken cap glitch will happen in the hack where you assign all the Holy Bloods to gen 1 characters.

Gen 2 characters, who joins at lv 1 will not be effected, the lv2 and lv3 characters (Nanna, Fee...) will get HP 80 when they join, while Faval (lv9) and Althena (lv17) often get their HP loop back to below 20.

Which ones are those?

Snes9x EX+ works for me.

Edited by hanhnn

For 3DS homebrewers, I can confirm it runs on a couple of RetroArch's SNES emulators like CATSFC(+) and SNES9x Next.

Virtual console injections aren't a thing though since the virtual console emulators for the currently released games don't support 8 MB ROMs.

For 3DS homebrewers, I can confirm it runs on a couple of RetroArch's SNES emulators like CATSFC(+) and SNES9x Next.

Virtual console injections aren't a thing though since the virtual console emulators for the currently released games don't support 8 MB ROMs.

I Suposse those homebrew emu's only run well on the New 3DS?