Patch 1.1.6 (Smash 4) Now Out!

Jedi

Some people seem to be theorizing that since Bayo was the only one touched, that this could potentially be the last balance patch, but I can't say either way because of well the past haha.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap.

https://vid.me/Sxk9

I'm a filthy casual and I don't even play Bayo and I can tell what an awful nerf this is.

Wow......just...wow.

I know Bayonetta was kinda broken and kinda needed a nerf( and I'm no good with her. I'm a casual player), but jesus...she got seriously nerfed! She can barely combo anymore. Only way she can really combo now is by witch time!

Some people seem to be theorizing that since Bayo was the only one touched, that this could potentially be the last balance patch, but I can't say either way because of well the past haha.

It's not the last one. Why? 5 words.

Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta Amiibo.

Unless they got compatibility for the game via this recent patch, there is gonna be another patch for them (also, when the heck are those coming out anyway?! I've been waiting for a release date for a good while now......although, my wallet will probably dread that date). Now whether or not it will be a patch for buffs and/or nerfs......probably. I mean, even though Bayonetta needed nerfs, I think the devs may have went just a little overboard. I mean, she can't really do what she was originally was shown to do...combo. She can, but not that well.

Edited by Busterman64

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

But seriously, what a disappointing patch. I really wish Sakurai wouldn't use For Glory to balance the game. Bayonetta did not need this heavy of a nerf.

It's not the last one. Why? 5 words.

Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta Amiibo.

That has nothing to do with being a balance patch though, that can just be a patch that adds that functionality.

Also I main Greninja.

NO

how are we going to reach maximum Link saturation on SF now?????? :(:

But I know some people in Euk's region complained about him using Link, like the commentators in particular I believe he mentioned.

Was literally one time, at a very minor local, and it wasn't complaining about the character so much as me "just spamming." And it was only one offhand comment. The only low-tier I consistently see people complain about is Captain Falcon.

That being said they'll complain about Toon Link b/c he's actually good.

Samus's missiles need a damage buff. It doesn't make sense that slingshots, boomerangs, gyros, peanuts, and turnips can do more damage than a ballistic missile.

By definition, Samus doesn't fire ballistic missiles. In fact, everything else you mentioned is a ballistic missile (maybe not boomerangs); Samus's rockets are the only things that aren't.

It'd suck if they didn't make any more patches but at least the dude I'm currently maining is legit!

By definition, Samus doesn't fire ballistic missiles. In fact, everything else you mentioned is a ballistic missile (maybe not boomerangs); Samus's rockets are the only things that aren't.

Owned.

I'm 88.7% sure that a Ballistic weapon is one that's fired or launched, in the sense that it's essentially the tangible ammunition or projectile itself that's given force to move in any given direction

it's basically a projectile that, once launched, is only guided by gravity itself

of the examples, samus's rockets have propulsion the entire time; the others (except possibly the gale boomerang) are all influenced solely by gravity

unfortunately, sakirai didn't nerd Skilled Roy, the true best character.

euk you are amazing

samus could just get special landing lag from the missiles like in melee. maybe this time it could be eight frames instead of six

Samus's missiles need a damage buff. It doesn't make sense that slingshots, boomerangs, gyros, peanuts, and turnips can do more damage than a ballistic missile.

Maybe her super missiles should be able to KO too. At something like 150-200 percent.