If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

Next artist if the current guy doesnt return would be the one for Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance. I thought they were the second best in the series, behind the current.

Writer I really dont know. I am not familiar with much of any Japanese writers and definitely not any writers from Fire Emblem. Because of that if they had to be Japanese I would say Kazushige Nojima or Yoshinori Kitase, who were the writers for Final Fantasy 7. If it doesnt matter, then I would say either Chris Claremont , RA Salvatore , or Margeret Weis and Tracy Hickman . Those writers are HIGHLY unlikely to ever write for a japanese video game, let alone Fire Emblem, but it would be really cool if they did for whatever reason.

Like I said, they are highly unlikely to ever write for a Japanese game, let alone Fire Emblem, but I think they could pull it off. Weis and Hickman are great at putting together an interesting world with some really interesting characters and villians. Salvatore is in the same boat, but his bad guys dont go into that grey territory. They have some interesting motivations, but most of the time they are clearly evil. He has also written for a few video games before so it wouldn't be unfamiliar territory, sane with Weis and Hickman. The problem with Claremont is he is just a comic book writer. Not sure how he would fare writing for a video game, he might do a good job writing for a pre-existing Fire Emblem setting, but I dont think he can pull off writing one of his own. Like I said though, this is just a dream situation, it would never happen as Japanese companies rarely ever hire anyone from other countries to work on their projects.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would never happen, but it'd be totally awesome if the next artist for FE was my friend, j00, who drew my Takumi avatar, or Thor Odinson. I'd also want to be the writer for the next FE game because if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself! Vashiane can be my copilot :P:

Serious answer, though:

Artist: Artist of PoR/RD (Senri Kita?)

Writer: Whoever wrote Xenoblade Chronicles

Edited by Sunwoo

That would be Tetsuya Takahashi, co-founder of Monolith Soft, who also wrote for Xenosaga and Xenogears. And yeah, as long as you don't let him go crazy with the religious and philosophy references (because as much as I love Xenosaga, I had to study a ton of it just to understand what was going on in those games), Takahashi is a good writer. He's very good at carrying themes throughout the story without somehow messing them up and being consistent in his writing in particular.

Edited by AzureSen

That would be Tetsuya Takahashi, co-founder of Monolith Soft, who also wrote for Xenosaga and Xenogears. And yeah, as long as you don't let him go crazy with the religious and philosophy references (because as much as I love Xenosaga, I had to study a ton of it just to understand what was going on in those games), Takahashi is a good writer. He's very good at carrying themes throughout the story without somehow messing them up and being consistent in his writing in particular.

Man, if he writes an FE story with even a fraction of the amazing story themes that were in Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd be happy. And yeah, I could totally see how one could go overboard with some of the stuff XC deals with, but I think that as long as someone reminds him not to make it too complex, it could have a really amazing story. It'd possibly even be better than the Tellius games in story and character.

OH MAN I REALLY WANT THIS NOW.

That is honestly a great idea. Xenoblade chronicles x had a great story in my opinion (probably the best I've seen but I haven't seen many games with a substantial story.) The avatar was implemented well enough into the story but was not the center of attention, the side you fought on had a dark past,so it wasn't completely black and white and the villains weren't evil for no good reason. FE could really benefit by using concepts like this.

In terms of artist, probably the RD one if I had to pick. I think I would prefer someone new though.

Bring in Kotaro Uchikoshi as writer. I want a Fire Emblem with a really creepy atmosphere and decision making that leads to route splits and bad endings.

Man, if he writes an FE story with even a fraction of the amazing story themes that were in Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd be happy. And yeah, I could totally see how one could go overboard with some of the stuff XC deals with, but I think that as long as someone reminds him not to make it too complex, it could have a really amazing story. It'd possibly even be better than the Tellius games in story and character.

OH MAN I REALLY WANT THIS NOW.

You really don't. Xenogears is so bad it's good because it's a funny trainwreck and it's amusing to spot all the anime/movies/books the writers blatantly steal from, but Xenosaga is even more infuriating than Fates and made me feel like a sex offender after witnessing the first game's. Edited by Dark Sage

Whoever writes for Yu-gi-oh Arc-V, because anyone who can wrote a story about war in a show about card games that's more compelling than a story about war in a game about war must have some serious chops.

Now that I got the obligatory Fates-bashing out of the way, I'm still going with Arc-V writers for a serious answer. Yuya reminds me of Corrin, personality and goal-wise, only he's actually a good protagonist. He has actual character development.

Edited by RedRob

You really don't. Xenogears is so bad it's good because it's a funny trainwreck and it's amusing to spot all the anime/movies/books the writers blatantly steal from, but Xenosaga is even more infuriating than Fates and made me feel like a sex offender after witnessing the first game's.

I'm assuming that was because of Albedo?

god i love that guy

Bring in Kotaro Uchikoshi as writer. I want a Fire Emblem with a really creepy atmosphere and decision making that leads to route splits and bad endings.

That guy seems like the sweetest little insane person around. I'm definitely a fan of Zero Escape and I'm looking forward to Zero Time Dilemma, but Uchikoshi's not that good at writing characters.

He would, however, probably do just what you said and add a creepy atmosphere. Maybe Uchikoshi and Shu Takumi should team up; the former writes the overarching plot while the latter fills in the details and takes care of the characters.

I realize we all know this is purely hypothetical, but I just want to point out that I'm just discussing good writers, not necessarily how good they'd be at writing a Fire Emblem game, although at this point there's only room for improvement unless you start digging in case the bottom wasn't deep enough.

Edited by Thane

When I say Servants I'm mostly referring to

[spoiler=Possibly Fate/EXTRA CCC Spoilers I'm Not Sure]

The Sakura Alter Egos

why must you remind me they exist

Honestly Takeuchi would be sick coming from a F/SN fangirl myself, I'd support that.

You really don't. Xenogears is so bad it's good because it's a funny trainwreck and it's amusing to spot all the anime/movies/books the writers blatantly steal from, but Xenosaga is even more infuriating than Fates and made me feel like a sex offender after witnessing the first game's.

xenogears was 18 years ago

xenosaga was 14 years ago

xenoblade, the game that people are saying had very good writing and story, was released six years ago

people can improve over time dude

Well, the characters from 6 and 7 were designed fairly well. Ike just happened to come from a bad batch and they just went with it.

The FE7 characters are okay enough, but I felt that the FE6 ones were drawn with derpy faces and weird poses a lot of the time. This artist is just really hit and miss for me. I should've mentioned the FE6 bit before though, my bad.

And sorry for being late on this.

Also, AzureSen, Ike didn't suddenly become buff in RD. You do realize that three years passed between PoR and RD, right? That's plenty of time for Ike to grow a few inches taller and build some muscle. Heck, Mist even implies this in a convo with Boyd and Rolf ("Boyd's just like Ike. He keeps growing like a beanstalk"). Plus, this design shows how he's grown up and become a man like his father, like SaiSymbolic said.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I'm not too fond of FE6/7's designs either. Some are pretty good, but tbh I'm not really a fan of the "miniskirts on 90% of female units!!!" designs. If we're going oldschool simplicity I'd rather get FE5's artist back. Simple charms.

I will give them credit for Echidna, though. Echidna is a good.

xenogears was 18 years ago

xenosaga was 14 years ago

xenoblade, the game that people are saying had very good writing and story, was released six years ago

people can improve over time dude

Takahashi has gone on record saying he feels he's regressed as a writer since then. I wouldn't trust him to write a shopping list.

Edited by Dark Sage

Also, AzureSen, Ike didn't suddenly become buff in RD. You do realize that three years passed between PoR and RD, right? That's plenty of time for Ike to grow a few inches taller and build some muscle. Heck, Mist even implies this in a convo with Boyd and Rolf ("Boyd's just like Ike. He keeps growing like a beanstalk"). Plus, this design shows how he's grown up and become a man like his father, like SaiSymbolic said.

I didn't say it was unrealistic, I just said it looked silly and I find it so when, in-universe justification or not, characters go from reasonably sized in one game to huge in another. I have no problem with Ike growing taller or gaining some muscle, but I feel like Kita went overboard.

I didn't say it was unrealistic, I just said it looked silly and I find it so when, in-universe justification or not, characters go from reasonably sized in one game to huge in another. I have no problem with Ike growing taller or gaining some muscle, but I feel like Kita went overboard.

Personally, my problem with Radiant Dawn Ike isn't the muscle so much as it is him looking dead inside.

Edited by Thane

I think i must be missing something, because Ike never actually seemed that huge to me. I mean, those arms definatley aren't twigs, but i feel like people seem to exaggerate his size.

On the contrary i feel Ike's musculature is kinda, at least in the portraits, more defined than huge? Diameter-wise it's actually not massive, but it's very well-defined. In the cgi cutscenes he looks bigger, though.

Maybe it's because my own style is filled with people who are far more ripped than Ike but Ike hardly even registers much on the muscular scale for me.

I gotta agree with what Blade_of_Light and Thor are saying (mostly, as Thor's taste in muscle size is quite broader than mine. lol RD Ike is as big as I'll tolerate, pretty much), but I see. It just comes down to personal taste and whether one likes x level of muscle or not. :P

After looking at DBZ and JJBA,, there are few that can attain the musculature depicted therein. Ike is a stick figure in comparison.

This too, and because of stuff like this, I just feel honestly shocked when I see a bunch of people say RD Ike looks like he's on steroids. Some fanart really exaggerates his muscularity though, I swear...

Edited by Anacybele

This too, and because of stuff like this, I just feel honestly shocked when I see a bunch of people say RD Ike looks like he's on steroids. Some fanart really exaggerates his muscularity though, I swear...

I think it might be because of his portrait art. It makes his arms looks more defined and a bit larger than in his official art. I will admit that, when playing through the game, I was a bit confused about his figure because the portrait makes him look bulky and a bit stout, whereas the official art makes him look tall and toned. SSB didn't really help in the matter, either, because Ike used to be one of the fastest characters available in his respective game but then they made him slow as molasses due to his build.

I would post comparison pictures but... Eh.

Really? I thought it was the other way around. That RD Ike's official art looked more bulky (I mean overall, not just the arms) while his in-game portrait made him look slimmer (especially at the waistline). Either way though, he has some beefy arms and sexy biceps. <3

Some fanart really exaggerates his muscularity though, I swear...

I literally just looked up some fan art of RD Ike expecting some huge, over-the-top muscles. But some of them are actually pretty decent (if not somewhat weird).

Looking at just his RD portrait, though, Ike seems pretty well toned. He doesn't have the biggest muscles in Fire Emblem, but he's big.

...Why am I talking about this?