Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

Didn't notice that I could night talk tonight until SB told me tonight on Skype (I mean, it was in my Role PM as well...I just kind of didn't check that, whoops).

s10xlNa.gif

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a Town!Manix flip changes things. A lot of things. Except my salt at him flipping town, because I was so sure that he was scum with Shin and now what do I do I don't even.

-Crysta looks worse considering her apathy regarding who to lynch between Manix and Shin earlier on, especially considering that one of them flipped town and I'm not really bothered by the other anymore. It's not significant enough for her to be scum (especially since the rest of her content yesterday was still pretty legit) but she's my weakest townread.

-I've been townreading Marth for the past two day phases based off of tone and his D1, but at this point it's like POE bro. I don't agree that he was coasting in general (yeah, he had a lack of other scumreads but it felt like he was genuinely trying to figure things out on that end) but moreso coasting on his Manix read. He didn't really talk about Manix much after his initial pressure on D2 and while it was obvious that Manix was his strongest scum read by the end of the day, I couldn't tell you why that was...which is bad...obviously.

-I'm not as bothered by Shin anymore. If Scum!Shin knew that Manix was town, I don't see him bothering to make a noncommittal associative read that would potentially give him flack, but rather just scumreading Crysta in isolation. I agree that him being wishy washy is bad but I'm just not seeing the scum intent if it wasn't setting up mislynches. Actually, has anyone analyzed his past content? I jumped on that post because it was the first post of his that really stuck out to me, but in retrospect I don't remember having too many issues with his cases (ignoring Crysta notwithstanding, which he did a decent job explaining). As of now, my only issues are that he has way too many null reads at this point in the game and that I can't really remember his content outside of replies and casing Manix/Crysta (yeah, unfair, but what can I do).

-Strawman's lack of a definitive stance on Manix bothers me more now. He mentions why Manix could be town and why Manix could be scum, and I'm assuming he at least wasn't scumreading Manix considering his vote on Marth...but what bothers me is a lack of 1) a definitive stance and 2) any sort of the analysis on the votes. If you're not cool with the biggest wagon, then I'd at least expect some sort of reaction on that front.

Actually wait, I'm just going to list post my reads. People always check those out, right?

TOWN

Eclipse- Pretty much town for the opposite reasons that Strawman is scum. Not agreeing with a town lynch doesn't make you town, but making an effort to interact with the voters on some level regarding their Manix cases and explaining her issues with the lynch overall does.

Boron- Good progression on her reads overall and the Manix vote still doesn't bother me. Also I don't think she'd offer to waste her role on a foregone lynch anyways as scum, especially when she had a decent enough excuse to not do so (although I don't think her role got used anyways? just seemed like a normal lynch to me).

Paperblade- Honestly, the Manix mislynch makes me feel a lot better about his slot. Weird, I know. Anyways, I don't think he'd be so gung ho about a mislynch as scum, and his comments for why he didn't press the read further later on seemed reasonable enough to me. He's not higher because he kind of dropped off the map and I really don't get what his other cases are at this point.

Crysta- Read above.

NULL

Iris- Vig when.

Prims- Post when. I liked his Manix case and how Prims pressured him, and I'd even sheep his BT case. However, he also kind of disappeared off the face of the map which makes it hard to get a better handle on his slot (despite me liking what content he actually has put out so far).

Shin- Read above.

SCUM

Marth- Read above.

BT- Same issues that I had with him yesterday. He looks better on a Manix flip because he could have just coasted on a Manix vote over pressuring Boron, but he still hasn't answered my other issues with him (if I die, people should pressure him on those!). Also I don't get the impression that he's really paid attention to most of the game.

Strawman- Read above.

Okay, I don't actually know what else I'm supposed to say.

##Night 2: Future Sight BT, Boron, Crysta, Eclipse, Iris, Marth, Paperblade, Prims, Shin, and Strawman away to Day 3

Just looked at my list again and to make a small edit, Prims is supposed to be above Iris (also yeah, that's in order from towniest to scummiest). Everything else is aight, though.

Scum decided Boron was 2cool to live and threw a pebble at her.

eJXyk7c.png

Boron (Articuno, aligned with the Town) was killed Night 2

[spoiler=role pm]

Boron, you are Articuno, the Freeze Pokémon. You’re a bird who may or may not be made of ice that causes the atmosphere around it to cool down just by existing. While this sounds pretty cool, you also tend to lose half your health just by switching into Stealth Rocks in competitive play even though your stats kind of try and sell you as a tank. I don’t get it either.

Your abilities are:
Sheer Cold (Day): During the day, you may reply to the game thread with “Sheer Cold USER”. If your target currently has the minimum required votes to lynch, they’ll die a horrible icy death and then the day phase will end. Because this move has an abysmal hit rate, you may only use this once, and if you attempt to use this in *YLO it will fail.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

She's so cool her death even has BONUS CONTENT.

[spoiler=deleted scenes]

[22:48:49] SB: god why is there no good art for articuno
[22:48:54] SB: art is in the fucking name
[22:49:55] Mitsuki: do you want me to draw a shitty picture for you?
[22:50:26] SB: doit

It is now Day 3. Day 3 ends in 72 hours at XX:00. With 10 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 7 to hammer.

##Vote Strawman

My reads kept juggling during the night and this is the one I feel the most confident about. His last post on D2 feels really transparently scum mostly in the Manix paragraph where he basically says Manix is tonally town but has scummy content. Not only is it a weak way to disassociate with the main wagon but it's exactly what I expect from scum on D2 to think in light of the mislynch if they were just reading the thread. On top of that his justification for reading Marth from town to scum feels unfinished; it looks like an attempt to move towards the Marth wagon since that's becoming a thing then. The whole post reeks of scum motivation.

The thing about how people were fencesitting D1 on LG isn't brought up after his early D2 post so it feels like a throwaway paragraph now. Even without that it felt like an easy starting point to try and formalize reads but he ends up waffling on that too.

Ooh but ok, here is a fun thought. Boron's claim is interesting and all and I get that it's hecka powerful for scum. But the timing of the claim is weird to me and its not impossible there to be other roles that might be hecka difficult for maf to night kill, even if LG was only 3 shot doc.

On one hand: As scum your scum buds could notice, question, correct, etc their understanding of the role. So Boron mistaking it comes as as very unfiltered.

On the other hand that can be faked (not so much faked but imagine in the scum discussion Boron mistaking it then getting it worked out) by just rehashing the same sort assumed discussion in thread to make it look genuine. The counter to this is why that is necessary. Its not scummy to understand your role correctly.

So not why would you mistake your role as scum, but why would you fake mistake your role publicly as scum?

I mean everyone can ask SB questions/clarification about their role in their own PM.

There's also these two quotes which feel like he brought the first one up just to cast doubt on the claim if he feels that way in the second quote.

On Prims I want to think he would've followed up better on his Manix suspicion as the day went on but he kept it there with the bare minimum. He also doesn't follow up on Crysta. It feels really lazy along with his vote on me for the way I worded some posts** but I'm not convinced he isn't just lazy, and his Manix posts early in D2 feel more authentic than I'd expect from an easy scum case.

I have trouble reading Shin and I think it's a symptom of me not knowing the player well enough. I don't think either way on THE POST where he thinks Manix and Crysta are scumbuddies. As town it's rabble and as scum it's fuel for the lynch fire and in either case he probably didn't think too much of the post. Other than that he has the symptom of going for safe suspicions with safe cases and everything else goes nowhere and is null. The impression I get reading his posts is that despite seeming like they're full of content there's plenty of fluff and not much can actually be gleaned from them, which is the main thing that bugs me. Another main thing is that he has some jabs on other players (me, strawman) but they don't develop.

I still need to mull over Marth's posts some more but for now I'm still not interested. He's another slot whose play fits scum's D2 MO but I consistently liked his posts more than anyone else who parked on the Manix wagon.

**the post where I said Manix is NULL aside from two main things would have been identical if I'd said "Manix is scum mainly for two things". I mentioned null because I wanted to say his slot was null lurker to me until LD1 happened.

Prims, are you ascetic?

##vote: strawman

Same reasons as last phase plus vote on me feels like he wanted to go along with the rising suspicion of me while there seems to be no actual basis of that vote.

theres my content for those who have been wondering..... im not ascetic

i didnt get anything on my night action which is weird. no results or block message. sb hasnt answered me yet but maybe there is an omnijailer.

I still need to mull over Marth's posts some more but for now I'm still not interested. He's another slot whose play fits scum's D2 MO but I consistently liked his posts more than anyone else who parked on the Manix wagon.

What does this mean, weren't you someone on the Manix wagon

xdNNjq7.gif

didn't get any notification of my action succeeding or failing either

i started formulating thoughts in my google drive document last night but didn't complete them but i'll try to get on that in the morning; i have stuff to deal with right now

rethinking my fixation on shin, though